Centenary Race - the Tucker Trophy

For those interested in competing 4 cylinder Morgans

Moderator: John Clarke

Leigh Sebba
Morgan Class C

Re: Centenary Race - the Tucker Trophy

Post by Leigh Sebba »

I hope tonight to collect the key to my neighbour’s Box at Brands, together with a number of tickets. So I should have some spare tickets if anyone wants – e mail me off line with your address.

As for access to the box this should be OK for all Mog followers when I am there although you may be asked for one of my tickets. If so I’ll distribute them in paddock.

The Box is B20 and overlooks start / finish – some of you have been there before.

There should be some refreshments in the box, and perhaps we can all sit there and eat Catherine’s birthday cake.

Leigh
John Emberson
Morgan Class B

Post by John Emberson »

Leigh,

Could we agree that competitors in the Morgan Centenary Race have to eat the cake before the race? I'm looking for any advantage to get the Tucker car near the front..........especially if it rains & I'm on Dunlops (excuse 37(ii) from the historic drivers excuse book)!!

Sadly we will have to celebrate Catherine's birthday without her as she will be supporting Charles at the School's Rowing Championships in Nottingham.

See you Saturday,
John Emberson
Leigh Sebba
Morgan Class C

Post by Leigh Sebba »

Surely all competitors in the Tucker Trophy Race will allow the ex Jim Tucker car to win
Catherine Emberson

Post by Catherine Emberson »

Very sensible suggestion Leigh. But is anybody else as fair minded as you? I'll certainly provide the cake if everyone lets RU win!!! John will be racing on Dunlops so perhaps he could be given a few laps head start as well! I'm sure he wouldn't object. If things don't go well for Charles we may make it down to Brands Hatch in time for the race but hopefully he will get through to the finals of the 1st 8s at 4.30. I believe a win at the National Schools Competition means an automatic entry to Henley so despite mixed results so far this season we are keeping our fingers crossed.

Catherine.
Leigh Sebba
Morgan Class C

Post by Leigh Sebba »

I have the Box key and a few spare tickets too
Chris Acklam
Anti spam question: MSA

Post by Chris Acklam »

Just in case anyone wants to do their own entertaining, this has been sent to me:
Dear all,
We are private suite owners at Brands Hatch and we have been left with a cancellation for this weekend's racing.
Our suite is a fantastic ground floor suite with 33 tickets and VIP car passes for each day.
We have a great bar and lounge area with huge 50" plasma screen and 26" timing screen plus our vary special split level decking leading right down to the safety fence on the start finish straight.
These tickets must sell, we hate throwing tickets in the bin.
These are entrance tickets for the circuit as well as our suite.
A fantastic place to entertain sponsors, friends, family or clients.
Can you help us?
Only £25 per person, this includes entrance to the circuit, VIP car pass per 2 guests, entrance to our suite and free soft drinks all day, tea, coffee and all soft drinks.
Free alcohol bar only £10 per person.
Please help us????
Best regards,
Steff
At Pole Position Hospitality
http://www.atpoleposition.co.uk
Tel: 07951321233
Chris
Leigh Sebba
Morgan Class C

Post by Leigh Sebba »

Well I’m offering it for free to worthy Morgan enthusiasts – but only for the BIG raceday – Saturday on the Club circuit for the Tucker Trophy. Not those periphery Sunday and Monday races on the GP circuit.

I’ll probably also provide tea and biscuits. (Well – it’s cheaper than actually racing).

Is there an provisional entry list for the race ?
Chris Acklam

Post by Chris Acklam »

I know Leigh, but they sent it to me so I just put it up to cater (literally) for the unworthy Morgan enthusiast...

(cue quote, which I am sure you will all recognise:
"We lock up all our politicians as soon as they get elected."
"Why?"
"It saves time."
)

Tea and biscuits? Now you're talking.

See you on Saturday
Chris
John Emberson
Morgan Class B

Post by John Emberson »

.................and birthday cake to help provide "ballast" to my fellow competitors!!
John Emberson
Mark Shears

Post by Mark Shears »

Hi Guys (and Gals!),

Do we have a final entry list of competitors for the Tucker Trophy ?

Guy should know!

See you all Saturday anyway.

Cheers

Mark
Jonathon Rushton

Post by Jonathon Rushton »

Gents,

this is a last minute bid for spare tickets for this Saturday. I have a few friends coming along and I would like to, if at all possible, get my hands on a further three tickets.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and the generosity would no doubt be re-paid in a beer or two, after the race of course (unless you've entered a +8 that is).

thanks for reading

Jonathon
John Clarke

Post by John Clarke »

I should have at least one - see you in the paddock

john
simon king

Post by simon king »

Jonathan,

since I'm billy no mates this weekend, I have three tickets spare. You're welcome to them. See you at the Brands.

Regards,

Simon
Chris Acklam

Post by Chris Acklam »

Finally - an entry list
Chris
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Post by Mary Lindsay »

Dear Guy,
Thank you very much indeed for a lovely day’s racing yesterday. The Morgan race was a lot of fun and we all thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.
Thank you, too, for the generous hospitality which was much appreciated. I hope that the rest of the weekend’s racing enjoys the same sunshine and goes as smoothly as Saturday.
Unfortunately we were unable to stay for the evening social event as I had to get back to my dogs who had been alone (and hungry!) all day.
If this becomes an annual event I will certainly be very interested in entering again.
By the way, your emails are playing up again. I tried to send this message to you direct but it bounced back because your mailbox is full.
Many thanks once again,
Mary