Centenary Race - the Tucker Trophy

For those interested in competing 4 cylinder Morgans

Moderator: John Clarke

Chris Acklam
Anti spam question: MSA

Re: Centenary Race - the Tucker Trophy

Post by Chris Acklam »

Yes, a lovely day yesterday - not only sunshine, but a very relaxed meeting.

Good to meet many new (to me) Morgan faces and to experience first-hand both the TR-engined Plus 4 and Avons. Many thanks to Richard Plant for letting me loose on his beautifully restored car. Great fun, and hope to see you all out on track again before too long.

PS And many thanks to Leigh for his generous hospitality in the box.
Chris
Roger Bonsall

Post by Roger Bonsall »

So who won? Could someone possibly scan and e-mail the results to me as I can't wait for MN and Autosport next week! Or perhaps post them on bhp. Yes, I should have accepted John Clark's kind offer of tickets, but another 300 mile round trip was too much to face!

Roger Bonsall
Chris Acklam

Post by Chris Acklam »

Chris
Jonathon Rushton

Post by Jonathon Rushton »

Gents,

what a fun day out. It was lovely to meet up with both familiar and new faces alike. let's do the same again next year, it would be rude not to!

See you all at BDC Silverstone, if not before.

JR
Andy Garlick

Post by Andy Garlick »

I have about 50 photos of the race , including most of the fantastics dices , 1st/2nd, 3rd/4th , 5/6/7/8th etc etc .

Could someone please pm me with the method of uploading onto this site , then I will post them here.

On behalf of all the spectators can I think the drivers for putting on such a great display of Morgan racing , and that was the opinion of the "official" commentators as well! It was a specactle which had us all on the edge of our seats.

A truly great day.

Regards
Andy
Mogman
Roger Bonsall

Post by Roger Bonsall »

Thanks very much Chris for the results. From them it was obvious that Andy Garlicks subsequent comments were absolutely right. Perhaps I should have made the trip!

Incidentally, Brian K lent me a photo of four +4s sandwidging an Aline in very close line astern through the then brick-buit Goodwood chicane. Can I post it on this site? I'll send to Miscellany anyway.

Roger
Leigh Sebba
Morgan Class C

Post by Leigh Sebba »

Yes I'm quite converted to this spectating lark - competing you never get to see what's happening. Some VERY immaculate cars - great to see Chris taking RP's +4 on its first outing, and Rick in the SOG SLR (not sure what spellcheck would make of that). And as for the Paterson / Plant duel and AvdK / Billy Bellinger duel. It just goes to show that a tatty paintwork really makes a car a winner !!

BTW Mary your dogs made you miss a drink with Pat Keen expounding on his guns for sale, and then a rousing speech by Jonathan Palmer about making racing a spectator sport and not running out too far ahead - which I noted carefully in case it ever arises.
Chris Acklam

Post by Chris Acklam »

Andy and Roger - you cannot upload photos to this board, but you can upload them to any free web photo gallery like Picasa or Pbase, and then link to them in your post using the Image
Chris
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Andy,
Chris introduced me to the Picasa site and I have found it QUITE easy to use, and is free. If you log on to either of my sites you will see a 'download Picasa' button, where you can open an account (not of the financial variety I hasten to add, no money changes hand.) this loads a photo editing suite on to your computer (you do have one?) and it from this that you can upload you pictures on to the web. There are a few little intricacies but once you have done a time or two it is really very easy. I will PM you any help you may need.
Alternatively if you send me a CD I will put your pictures on my Morgan Site, attributed of course to yourself.

Bob.
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards
Andy Garlick

Post by Andy Garlick »

Thanks Chris and Bob I will give Picassa a try and see how I get on, otherwise i may be forced to send a small packet "under plain cover" to Bob
Andy
Mogman
Andy Garlick

Post by Andy Garlick »

Sorry folks my last attempt seemed to have vanished into the ether , apologies of it comes up twice
Here is a link to a gallery with about 100 photos from Brands on Saturday . Please let me know if you would like any high-res images
Regards
Andy
http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/therealmo ... directlink
Mogman
Tim Hill

Post by Tim Hill »

Great pictures Andy. It is almost as good as being there......

Regards

Tim
jack bellinger
Tech Comm

Post by jack bellinger »

Great weekend ..
Thanks to Guy for making it happen .. I really enjoyed my race mixing it with those plus 4 boys ( John C. I thought you said that Plus 4 were left behind by Moss Box Plus 8s !!!)....Great pics Andy.
By the way did anybody see Rick !!

love jack
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Andy,
Well done, you have cracked it immediately, it took me some time to work out how to post the pictures on the web, the results are excellent. I may now have to consider retirement from the art of Morgan Photos.

As you are clearly no fool I hesitate to give more advice for fear of offending, however, I hope you won't mind a tip. I find that the Picasa editing features are not as flexible as the 'Windows Live Photo Gallery', which offers much better control when cropping, sharpening or lightening shadows, on pictures.

The knack of including pictures in a post is also fairly simple once you know how, so if you need advice I will forward an e-mail I had from Lord Acklam explaining the process.

Regards,

Bob
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards
Chris Acklam

Post by Chris Acklam »

Chris