Bob

Race chatter
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Re: Bob

Post by Mary Lindsay »

Really, you Morgan types are an insular bunch!
Do you think that if you showed him a photograph of Jack he would know who it is? Taking your reasoning to its logical conclusion - one really famous racing driver should be able to recognise another............ :wink:
jack bellinger
Tech Comm

Post by jack bellinger »

Mary i might have met him at Le Mans once . I probaly saw him as I was collecting my Trophy

(not being that bigheaded)jack
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Mary Lindsay wrote:one really famous racing driver should be able to recognise another............
Mary! Why to you persist in this canard that Jack whatisname is a famous racing driver?

What qualifications can he claim?

Has he ever been interviewed for BBC Radio for instance, or appeared on the front cover of Motor Sport, been cited in the News of The World for any reason?

It is entirely possible that he has a certain notoriety in certain sections of the Chelsea underworld, probably for floggin' dodgy spares for Skodas, but in terms of prowess on the track. What has he done?

I suspect that your supposed rivalry with Jack erm...? Is all a facade for some deeper feeling.
'Me thinks the lady dost protest too much'

OK Mark I'll do that.

Andrewp; The lady is Britta Roesch PR with Red Bull, ain't she nice?

Tony LEES, I am still in rude health and posting like crazy.

Leigh, sorry for the confusion.

Chris, thanks for identifying Gary, saved my blushes.
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards
jack bellinger
Tech Comm

Post by jack bellinger »

I was on the Telly once intervieved by THE David Coleman ..Your truly was Captain of the London Team in the very first ...Its A Knockout..

oh yeah London won

love jack
Chris Acklam
Anti spam question: MSA

Post by Chris Acklam »

Ah, the days of black and white telly - how nostalgic.
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Wow! Jack,
Now I have to eat humble pie, hide my face in shame, beg forgiveness, I did not realise you THAT JACK BELLINGER!!!!!!!!

If only I had been aware of your true status I would, of course, have been much more respectful.

I can't wait to tell all my friends that I almost know the LEGENDARY CAPTAIN JACK BELLINGER, they will be really impressed!!

It is to your very great credit that you have hidden your light under a bushel for so long, when you could have been the object of envy and admiration around the paddock at Croft and other top venues.

Was Mary, I wonder, privvy to your secret all along?

Has she let me dig myself into a big hole, with my derogatory comments about your position in society, chuckling up her sleeve as I made a fool of myself?

Maybe she was on the opposing Essex Girls team that you defeated to take the prize!

Jeux sans frontieres.
Regards
jack bellinger
Tech Comm

Post by jack bellinger »

Appolgies accepted Bob ..Modesty is just one of my many charms..

love jack
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Jack,
You have proved yourself a perfect gentleman, many would have taken umbrage at my remarks on your character you, however, have been most gracious. I will never believe anything Mary says about you again.

I salute you Cap'n!

Your ever humble servant,

Bob
Regards
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Post by Mary Lindsay »

Your ever humble servant,
How obsequious Bob.
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Mary Lindsay wrote:How obsequious Bob.
Is that another way of saying 'oily creep'?
Regards
jack bellinger
Tech Comm

Post by jack bellinger »

Blimey I thought I was the only one who had had Electocution lessons

jack
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Post by Mary Lindsay »

Is that another way of saying 'oily creep'?
Would I say that to you Bob?
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Mary Lindsay wrote:Would I say that to you Bob?
No Mary, you'd call me obsequious!

Jack, I never had a single lesson, I'm self tort.

NB: Anybody can join in, don't be shy.

HE! He, soon be on page 4.
Regards
Leigh Sebba
Morgan Class C

Post by Leigh Sebba »

It's the much predicted snowing Sunday afternoon so I'll try and help Bob get to page 4. Gary Pearson ? Wasn't he known as Gary 'plastic' Pearson - I think a reference to the car he drove being somewhat of a replica - rather than any part of his body being plastic.

Golly - Jack on telly - perhaps one for the annual dinner film night. Of course I too have starred on telly a couple of times - once was standing behind the goal on 'match of the day' Dagenham v Ipswich in the f a cup !! I also had a request played on Children's Favourites with Uncle Mac circa 1950s - perhaps Bob stood in for Uncle Mac on the Light Program in those days ?
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Leigh Sebba wrote:asn't he known as Gary 'plastic' Pearson -
Leigh,
Perhaps because I was busy standing for Uncle Mac (Was it ' Three Billy Goats Gruff'' that you requested?), but I am fairly sure it was not Gary who was know as 'Plastic', it may have been his father or even another Pearson altogether. At one time when two John Booths were racing one was know as John 'Brolly' Booth, to differentiate. He apparently manufactured Umbrellas for a living.

You know, I used to think I was quite an important person, with my status as a minor celebrity, but I am beginning to realise that I am pretty far down the pecking order, as various members reveal their own claims to fame.
I am forced to admit that I have never had a record played on Children's Favourites or been asked to captain It's a Knockout. I have to face up to the fact that as other members start to publish their own claims to fame on the site, my once massive ego will contract faster than a punctured balloon!
Talking of balloons, Mark Shears mentioned a 'balloons painters Dad' recently, which sounds like he has been on 'What's My Line'. Down the list I go..........!

I await Mary's revelation that she once came second in a Miss Essex Beauty Competition.

I see that Ron Dennis has stood down from his roll with Mclaren, just as C Emberson has taken on her new position, I wonder ...........?
Regards