Re: F1 drivers' championship 2009

Post by Mary Lindsay »

Bob what actually happened??
Was Bob there?
This could account for many things...... :wink:
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

jack bellinger wrote:Bob what actually happened??
Nothing at all Jack, it just a figment of some deranged inadequate's imagination, 'Our Hero' is still whiter than white, well metaphorically speaking, and Ron Dennis is in his heaven.

You must not believe all these things you read in the papers, because some people will go to any lengths to disparage Saint Lew, who has never ever done anything wrong in his entire life. That is why he is loved and revered throughout the universe, and advertises the Santander Bank on Tele (not in black and white though). Anyway even if he did do something naughty it was someone elses fault. It's the Japanese you know, they're the ones who started it, aided and abetted by the Germans and the Poles, with encouragement from the Italians.
what am I talking about? Where are my pills?

NURSE! NURSE!
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards
jack bellinger
Tech Comm

Post by jack bellinger »

NOW NOW Basil !! .. But I think you got away with it ..

jack
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Good morning Jack,
Nice to hear from you, I trust you are well? Many thanks for your support, at this troubling time, I need all the help I can get. You know? Sometimes I think I'm the only sane person on the planet!! Am I daft?

Anyway I hope that trade is brisk today in S. Chelsea, and you make a pony or two.

Very best wishes,

Robert F. Bull.
Regards
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Looking again at Chris's original post re Nakajima in the sweepstake, he certainly looks a better bet than our present World Champion!
With McLaren up before the beak again, and confirmation that our Lewis, like St. Peter, denied the truth three times it is a pretty sorry pass (no pun intended) when the WC and his team are adjudged to have deliberately lied to the stewards of the meeting. Now Dad is making a fuss about his son's reputaion being besmirched and threatening (yeah, yeah!) to pull Lewis out of Formula 1 altogether and claiming their contract with McLaren could be void if it has damaged his reputation by it's actions. Nothing to do with an uncompetetive car I'm sure!

Poor old Dave Ryan, faithful, long term employee carries the can and is dismissed, while Hamilton is 'exonerated' by the FIA because of his grovelling apology, and willingness to 'grass up' the team.

I find it very distasteful, and so look forward to the more traditional club meetings where friends meet to race for the pleasure of it and winning is less important than taking part. (Alright, there are always exceptions.)

Despite all of the scandal I am sure that someone will leap to the defence of the 'Boro Flash'

Bob

Well it has gone rather quiet recently.
Regards
jack bellinger
Tech Comm

Post by jack bellinger »

trouble is all this is making F1 look silly ,..Lots of my non racing mates keep asking whats its about " what a load of old cheats you racing mob are" etc etc.

McLaren and Hamilton should get what they deserve..

Cheating and Motor racing. Apple and Pears... Horse and Cart ...shall I go on .. They are not the first and wont be the last!!

Maybe if they had counted back a lap before the chequered flag it would have been OK . ( like Sunday) you can gain a place at the finish cos your in the pits and dont pass the flag ???

I suppose it depends who and what team you are . Not that the Organisers would bend the rules

back to you Bob

jack
Chris Acklam
Anti spam question: MSA

Post by Chris Acklam »

What amazes me is that it was so blatant and so dumb. I mean, F1 is not exactly under-scrutinised. There are TV cameras recording everything and all inter-team radio transmissions have been logged for some years now - and Lewis had given an interview to the press before going into the stewards which apparently contradicted what he then said. It all seems so pointless and silly - particularly after he'd had such a good drive. A huge shame.

I thought Matthew Syed's article today was interesting.
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Listen I thought I was the Formula 1 expert here, but my prediction of a Ferrari 1/2 is looking decidedly dodgy, but that Lees bloke tipped Vettel.

Who won in China! Vettel, where were the Ferraris? Nowhere.

Come on Tony, what do you know that I don't? (answer on a raft of postcards, please).

I have the Misses (sorry Mary) baking a humble pie already.

Now who do you fancy for the Morgan challenge?

By the way I liked the comment from Christian Horner (Red Bull Team Manager) when asked about Vettel's penalty in Australia.
"Well he told the truth"
Regards
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

This forum has gone terribly dull and rather quiet, nothing but four cylinder Morgans ...so!

Is it too late to revise my original prediction of the top three in the F1 Championship?

Will there be a credible field of Formula 1 cars to race at the highly unlikely Grand Prix at Donington next year?

Was I wrong to champion Max Mosely in the past?

Will FOTA V FIA end in a FARCE?

Should I send a report on the British Grand Prix this year?

If yes, will anybody be interested?

Will this subject become entangled in personal abuse, and be closed down by the Gruppenfuhrer?

Are there any questions I have not asked?

Should I just shut up and go away?

Will it be Jack or Mary who posts the first reply?

Regards to you all.

Bob.
Regards
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Post by Mary Lindsay »

Will it be Jack or Mary who posts the first reply?
Mary of course!
...and now for something completely different.........
jack bellinger
Tech Comm

Post by jack bellinger »

Second again !!

love jack
Mark Shears

Post by Mark Shears »

Yes please Bob!

Cheers

Mark

PS. I will be reporting soon on the Jim Clark DVD you so kindly got for me from your local garden centre! It is certainly value for money as I haven't watched it all yet (or paid for it - so it is especially good value!)

There are even 4 cylinder Morgans shown in it! (TOK and XRX 1 at Goodwood - JC is in the Aston Martin Zagato).
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Mary,
What's that old wreck you are standing next to in the picture?

Is this yet another entry for Mad Max's budget race series in 2010?

By the way the rumour is that Poundstretchers are entering a team.

On a personal note I was pleased to read that the £40 mil 'cap' does not include; engines, drivers and most importantly hospitality!!! Whew! That's a releif.

Health warning; When replying to any entry from Mark Shears in the sales and wanted section make sure you get the money first.
Regards
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Post by Mary Lindsay »

Mary, What's that old wreck you are standing next to in the picture?
Bob, you sure know how to make friends and influence people. I don't know which of my illustrious friends you are referring to but if by a remote chance you are referring to the car, then you ought to know that it is a very special car and it is going to be driven by four Morgan pilotes in the 24 hour race at Snetterton in August.
I am becoming concerned abut your apparent lack of knowledge as an ace motor sporting reporter.
Here is a picture of "Wild Thing," as the car is known, in action last year.
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

2CV racing? Not for the hairy chested I assume!

"Wild Thang, you make my heart sing" (sic)

"Oh! Mary don't you weep don't you moan ....."

My knowledge of pop music is encylopedic.

"You aways hurt the one you love, the one you shouldn't hurt at all."

With regard to the 24 hour race, I can not recall hearing how the four horsemen got on last year.

Kindest possible regards,

Bob
Regards