5 point harness - how???

Technical queries or suggestions
Jochem Kentgens

5 point harness - how???

Post by Jochem Kentgens »

I am installing a 5 point harness in my 1959 +4. I have SS buckets, a Safety devices rollbar and a crossbar where the mounting points are for the two braces coming from the rear.

But where are the other three mounting points that can be used best? the lap belts probably are mounted to the chassis rear cross member?

And the one between your legs??

Ideas and suggestions very welcome!!

Best regards, Jochem
David Rushton
Anti spam question: MSA

Re: 5 point harness - how???

Post by David Rushton »

Jochem
For the lap belt use the cross member behind the seat for the one nearest the centre of the car & for the outer one use the
welded/captive thread for the normal 3 point lap belt, if this is not available in your +4 then have a look at a later car for its location and copy it. Now for the difficult bit. you will need to manufacture a brace bar that goes from the cross member in front of the seat to the crossmember behind the seat that passes directly under the middle of your seat. Make sure it's strong enough to do the job required of it! . The you'll have to cut a suitable hole in your bucket seat to pass the anti submarine belt ( crutch strap to everyone else) through. A suitable Saddler will be able to make a good job of your seat cushion.
David