Time

Race chatter
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Re: Time

Post by Mary Lindsay »

Keith, John's waxed jacket is hardly run in :shock:
You should see his second-best Barbour....
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Post by Mary Lindsay »

Bedfordshire is an historic county ......Traditionally people from the county are called 'clangers' ...
I suspect that this is why "Bedfordshire Bob", as he is known in concentric circles, is always dropping clangers
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Mary,
A 'Bedfordshire Clanger' is a local delicacy, you should give me a try sometime.

Bob
Born in Battersea, raised in Hertfordshire, lives in Bedfordshire and spends a lot of time in Northamptonshire.
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards
Tim Hill

Post by Tim Hill »

Bob Bull wrote:He always stood behind her, a faithful loving spouse,
and while she went out racing, he stayed and cleaned the house.
Although he knew the Morgan, must cost her quite a packet,
He always seemed contented with a very old wax jacket.
Hi Bob,

Is that what you call "Waxing lyrical" ? :lol:

Cheers

Tim
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Is that what you call "Waxing lyrical" ?

Tim
I like it, very whimsical, between us we may make John's coat even more famous than his bitter, or even his guruing.

As this thread, started by Jerry, relates to time on the forum, I am bound to ask if you have trouble sleeping, because your message is timed at 1.24am!!!
Maybe it is all to do with crossing the equator, the trade winds, roaring forties or international date lines. Although I suppose that New Zealand is upside down anyway.
Should it be that you were awake at that hour of the morning, perhaps you were not counting sheep that country being blessed with many such creatures.

Sleep tight (it's better than staying sober)

Bob
Regards
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Post by Mary Lindsay »

Bob, the waxed jacket belongs to John Lindsay, my better half, although John Smith has an equally lived-in example.
My son John also has a particularly well-weathered waxed jacket.
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Mary,
I never did get my head around the sundry Bellingers who crop up regularly in Morgan Circles (crop! Get it?), and now I am faced with the complexities of the Smith/Lindsay clan. To add to my confusion there appears to be some correlation between relationships and wax jackets. Is there anyone in the family who does not own a Barbour of indeterminate vintage? Do you all get together on family occasions and compare grease stains? No doubt the long winter evenings just fly by.
Please don't attempt an explanation, I am not sure I could cope with any further information regarding Essex folk.

In the interests of truth and justice, I would like to put on record that, despite my remarks about your county I have in reality no negative thoughts about the area or it's citizens. In a distant past I travelled extensively around the towns of Essex and never had cause to regret my sojourn there.

Another item from the Book of Essex Poetry;

Diddle, diddle, dumpling, my son John,
Went to bed with his Barbour on.
One arm out and one arm in,
By gum theat wax was wearing thin.

Bob.

Note to Mr Sebba; If you and Tony swapped christian names it would save a lot of confusion, as you would be Tony Sebba and he would be Leigh Lees. What could be simpler?

I may have to start a whole new thread on celebrity spotting.
Regards
Robin Singleton

Post by Robin Singleton »

Bob

I think in future correspondence I will refrain from quoting my humble abode as in Essex!

Very best

Robin
jack bellinger
Tech Comm

Post by jack bellinger »

Bob .. Sally Bellinger has a Barbour and waxes !! she lives in Hertfordshire

love jack
JERRY KNIGHT

Post by JERRY KNIGHT »

Bob Bull wrote: Why don't elephants like penguins?
Because they can't get the silver paper off.
Have a lovely day
Bob very sad to report that in the real world penguins are now wrapped in plastic . Very strange, you would think with global warming foil would help stop the chocolate melting.
Leigh Sebba
Morgan Class C

Post by Leigh Sebba »

Bob – There is a Tony Seber who races at Silverstone in a pre war Wolseley Hornet. So we don’t want a Tony Sebba as well.

Jack – I think Sallie has a hairdresser, not a barbour (usually written as barber)
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

I am assailed on all sides!

Robin,
I would have hoped that my last post would have calmed any fears concerning residence in Essex, wear you postcode with pride. They can't touch you for it.

Jack,
Do we need to discuss Sallie's beauty treatments on this site? Surely there is a 'Womans Own' forum for such intimate details of female depillation. I do hope that you are not suggesting that the lady in question is excessively hairy!

Leigh,
despite many years of attending VSCC events I can not recall the aforesaid Mr Seber ever driving a Morgan, which might indicate we are unlikely to see him feature on this forum. By extension you may think that we could confuse T Lees with the 'Leeds' Building Society, I seem to recall that the Leeds has been around a very long time and is noted for a sober approach to .............. Oh! Maybe you are right.

Jerry,
Why spoil a good joke with inconsequential detail, is it just your attempt to keep this thread going to boost your ego? You did after all start the whole damn thing, and look where it has got me!!

Is it raining in Essex at the moment? Should we take a pop at Kent next? Would I be advised to purchase shares in Barbour?

Bob.
Regards
jack bellinger
Tech Comm

Post by jack bellinger »

Bob..... How do you know Sally is hairy??

jack
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Jack,
It was you told us that she waxes, which is the way ladies remove unwanted hair, have you not seen the TV adverts?

I hope, most sincerely, that Sallie does not look at this site,as she may be most upset, by this discussion.

I appreciate that you are a purveyor of waxes to motorists, and may not be aware of the cosmetic variety, so she may forgive you!!!

But I doubt it!!
Regards
jack bellinger
Tech Comm

Post by jack bellinger »

I was talking about her Barbour...
who ashsumed my souff london acccnt was a miss splleng

jakc