HSCC Silverstone

Races, track days, testing ...
Bob Bull

HSCC Silverstone

Post by Bob Bull »

Not a bad weekend for Morgans at Silverstone with wins for James Patterson and Paul Conway. Others in action were Richard Plant, who got biffed by a Porsche while trying to avoid an incredibly slow Ferrari, which lead to retirement. John Emberson/James Wood, hindered by an electrical problem (Techniques?), Simon and Rick in the SLR 3rd. in class ahead of the Paul/Wells +4, Mark Hoble was also there all in the GTSCC Race, while Mark also ran in the Guards Trophy. In the Historic Road Sports on Saturday,Tony Howard finished 7th to win class A with young Oliver Phillips just 0.059 secs behind, Jonathon R took third in class B and Simon King was 5th.

In the BRDC Sports Car event Peter H was out in his Lotus, James and Rick also shared a Lotus X1, and Oliver and Chris Phillips co-drove their Lola Mk1, and Chris and Beverley shared her MGB in the GTSCC.

Plenty of pictures on the usual web sites.

Nice to see Catherine, JCC, Kate, Andy all quite willing to talk to me, or were they just being polite?
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards
Catherine Emberson

Re: HSCC Silverstone

Post by Catherine Emberson »

Bob,

It's always a pleasure to see you and of course we are always well mannered! John's problem was caused by a minor component failure and we have only praise for Techniques who did a fantastic job for us over the weekend. Thanks to Brian and James.

Thanks also to Rick Bourne who pointed us in the direction of Silverstone Factors (on the left as you go out through the entrance gates of the track - open until 4 on Saturday but closed on Sundays) where we were able to find the part required to fix the car following John's enthusiastic exploration of Copse in qualifying.

Lovely photographs as well Bob.

Catherine
Bob Bull

Re: HSCC Silverstone

Post by Bob Bull »

Catherine,
As I have observed many times here, Morgan people are a very friendly bunch, and it is always a pleasure to be around them, particularly Richard as he has the best hospitality. I am pleased you liked the pictures, and I can report that one I deleted was less than flattering of a well known 'chef d'equipe', for despite what some members of the fairer sex may have you believe, I remain the perfect gentleman my mother brought me up to be.
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards