For those interested in competing 4 cylinder Morgans

Moderator: John Clarke

John Clarke
Anti spam question: MSA

British GP Support Race - Silverstone 21st June

Post by John Clarke »

From the HSCC web site

Grand Prix Race announced for Historic Sports Cars writes Paul Lawrence
Historic Racing will be recognised at the biggest event of the British Motor Sport season when a field of pre '70 sports and GT cars provides a support race to the 2009 British Grand Pirx at Silverstone on Sunday 21st June.
The news comes following confirmation that the Historic Sports Car Club has again been invited to organise the race. It was in 2006 that a similiar field of cars last raced as a support event to the British Grand Prix and, with a sell - out crowd expected, it will be an enormous occasion. It may also be the final British Grand Prix to be held at Silverstone.
The race, which is likely to run after the Formula a feature event on Sunday afternoon, will be open to cars ranging from Lola T60 Mk3Vs and Ford GT40s, to AC Cobras, Jaguar E-Types and smaller sports racing cars from marques like Chevron, Elva and Lotus. Cars will run on treaded tyres.
'We are delighted that Silverstone Circuit Ltd and FOM have invited us to organise this race for the fourth year running," said Grahame White, Chief Executive of the HSCC. "I am hopeful that we can fill the 44 car grid very quickly."
Drivers interested in entering the race should contact the HSCC office as soon as possible on 01327 858400, by fax 01327 858500 and by e-mail to office@hscc.org.uk. an invitation to enter can be downloaded here.
Jonathon Rushton

Re: British GP Support Race - Silverstone 21st June

Post by Jonathon Rushton »

How quickly can a man's hopes be dashed? The answer is: VERY.

I've just come off the phone with the HSCC office and they are at over 90 enquiries already for the support race. Unfortunately my bleatings didn't advance my cause one inch as I got those very kind words "I think we are looking for slightly faster cars to keep up with the four GT40s, Lolas and McLarens that have already signed up".

I'm off to kick the neighbours cat.

Jonathon
John Clarke
Anti spam question: MSA

Re: British GP Support Race - Silverstone 21st June

Post by John Clarke »

Shame to hear this - I whizzed off an email but heard nothing back - that other notable forum - 10/10th's did highlight that HRS cars would be eligible but it sounds like those with the biggest engines have gone to the front of the queue - another harsh lesson in life me thinks!! :-&