Help Required

Race chatter
Bob Bull

Help Required

Post by Bob Bull »

I took this picture at the MGCC meeting, but cannot for the life of me remember who the subjects are, I wonder if anyone can identify this pair of loafers?

I am sure someone will recognise those ankles, they could be 'him and hers'

Many thanks,

Bob.

If they cannot be identified, perhaps they will turn up at the BDC, and we can get a second look.
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards
Chris Acklam
Anti spam question: MSA

Re: Help Required

Post by Chris Acklam »

His and hers Embersons, at a guess (though not necessarily in that order).

Were you not at the Silverstone Classic, Bob?
Chris
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Chris,
I hope you are not implying that the 'Embersons' are a pair of loafers? I thought they might be Gucci.

I attended the Classic on the Saturday and spotted only two Morgan types, JCC & PH, despite scouring the paddocks. Probably should have tried the bars. Oh! Sorry I did briefly spot Mark Shears, but does that really count?

Did you manage to catch my interview with Jack last Friday evening?

I must also make mention of JCC generously feeding your humble scribe. Thank you John and in return I will not post any emberrising pictures on this site.

Bob
Regards
Chris Acklam

Post by Chris Acklam »

Bob Bull wrote:...spotted only two Morgan types, JCC & PH, despite scouring the paddocks.
Well, that's pitiful. Call yourself an investigative reporter? You missed Keith and Billy, Richard P and me, Simon OG, Kate and Rick B, James P and Suzanne S, Paul C, Malcolm P and Rob W, Dion and Gabriel K, and various others in a variety of disguises. Tsk.
Bob Bull wrote:Did you manage to catch my interview with Jack last Friday evening?
Jack who? Last Friday evening I was standing in a field in Silverstone waiting for a music combo called the Pussycat Dolls to appear. Got bored waiting and left though.
Bob Bull wrote:I must also make mention of JCC generously feeding your humble scribe.
JCC? Jaguar Car Club?
Chris
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Chris Acklam wrote:Well, that's pitiful. Call yourself an investigative reporter?
A TOP MAN like what I am expects the likes of them you mention to seek me out. Why, the organisers offered to line up a whole pile of celebs for me to interview, pop stars and all, but I preferred to stick to the working class types.

[
Chris Acklam wrote:Jack who? Last Friday evening I was standing in a field in Silverstone waiting for a music combo called the Pussycat Dolls to appear. Got bored waiting and left though.
Serves you right, you should have been tuned into Three Counties Radio, much more reliable and much better value for money than a load of wailing birds.
Chris Acklam wrote:JCC? Jaguar Car Club?

JCC!

I will try once more to accost your good self and many like you at Silverstone at the BDC.

Bob
Regards
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Post by Mary Lindsay »

Did you manage to catch my interview with Jack last Friday evening?
Sadly I missed it Bob, is it possible to listen to it on line?
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Mary,
Shortly you will be spending the night (and day) with Jack, surely that should be enough of a good thing for anybody?

But you still want recordings of Il Maestro!!!

I can send a copy of his CD if you pm an address. No charge to you, of course.

Greetings

Bob
Regards
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Post by Mary Lindsay »

Bob, what I do in my spare time and who I choose to spend it with is my business! [-X

I have sent you a PM with my address and would love to hear what our hero has to say, many thanks. :wink:
Catherine Emberson

Post by Catherine Emberson »

Bob,

Not sure what is better.... a pair of loafers or a pair of old crocs!

Sorry we missed you at Silverstone. John had to make do with a chat with Murray Walker instead.

Catherine.
Chris Acklam

Post by Chris Acklam »

Mary Lindsay wrote:I have sent you a PM with my address and would love to hear what our hero has to say, many thanks. :wink:
I googled "three counties radio motorsport bellinger" in the hope of hearing these fabled words of wisdom, but just got a link to a Bellinger in a sausage and pie competition. Seemed about right somehow.... (but presumably this was before he started his intensive training routine to be fit for the 2CV drive)
Chris
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

At one time I put together a CD of interviews with various Morgan types for Techniques, I could add any other items I have garnered since, including, of course, the fabled Jack Bellinger.
I could produce copies to order if there was a demand (can't imagine there would be) but I would have to charge £1.00 each to cover the cost. A bargain at any price.

You could treasure memories of such luminaries as ; John Clarke, Chas Windridge, Tracy Gateson, John Emberson, The Goddards, Peter Horsman etc.

I will order several thousand CDs in anticipation.

Bob Record Producer
Regards
jack bellinger
Tech Comm

Post by jack bellinger »

Blimey I cant believe it £1.00 to listen to me .. I can talk Bull (no offense Bob) for nothing... Anyway Ive already had my 15 minutes of fame years ago ( David Coleman)

Bob how much is me commission ??
jack
jack bellinger
Tech Comm

Post by jack bellinger »

I would not pay a Penny...... Its.bad enough listening to his snoring...

Sally
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Jack,
You would be absolutely astonished by the response to my 'special offer', it has exceeded my expectations by quite a margin. I am sure that it is the name 'Bellinger' that precipitated the overwhelming, total lack of interest.
I am afraid that Mary is the only person who aspires to have you always by her side in form of a CD. Still, what more could any man ask?

Sorry old chap.

Bob.
Regards
jack bellinger
Tech Comm

Post by jack bellinger »

Are you trying to say Im dillusioned ?

jack