Blue +4 TJK 571S

Race chatter
Bob Bull

Blue +4 TJK 571S

Post by Bob Bull »

In the BBC production of Le Carre's 'Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy' there are several scenes featuring a Morgan, which I think is +4, blue in colour and with the reg no. TJK 571S.
Is this a genuine number or a fake for TV purposes, is it still in use?

I am sure some of the usual suspects will rapidly come up with the answers.

Bob
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards
Mark Shears

Re: Blue +4 TJK 571S

Post by Mark Shears »

Hi Bob,

I think it was a 4/4 in those days - with the Ford 1600cc 'Kent' engine.(Some years after the Triumph Plus 4 engine and a number of years before the Rover(M16) engine.

I seem to remember it was a kosher car/registration at the time.

Trust you are well - will you be making the long trek northwards this weekend for The Oulton Park Gold Cup Meeting? If so will see you there as I am competing in the Historic Roadsports race (with Jonathon Rushton and Simon King) and I can find you a spare ticket!

All the Best,

Mark
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Hi, Mark,
Sorry I will not be at Oulton for the Gold Cup as I will be on duty at Silverstone with the Saloon cars, much more entertaining as they do tend to knock big lumps of each other, also it is so much closer to home.

I wish you well and look forward to hearing of your exploits on the forum. With regard to the subject of this thread, I have little interest in the history of the car in question, but I know how you Morgan Geeks love a little historical research. I suppose there is a fair chance the car is owned by someone like Nick Mason's Ten Tenths organisation, as I know they do a lot of hire for TV and films.

Hope to see you at some bleak circuit before too long.

Regards,

Bob
Regards
Mark Shears

Post by Mark Shears »

Thanks Bob - let us know how another dad whose daughter has horses (but not so impecunious!) gets on with his new Honda mount. (Clue: ex: Formula 1 driver and Essex boy! Now living in Warwickshire/Monaco!)

Cheers

Mark
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Much excitement at Oulton Park, was there Mark?
Regards