In Praise of Catherine Emberson

Race chatter
Bob Bull

In Praise of Catherine Emberson

Post by Bob Bull »

Having oft times been accused of various character defects on this site, described as a pervert, sleazy, rude, (No! No! I am not talking about Catherine Enberson) and even racist, I felt I should endeavour to redress the balance and show my more 'feminine side'. (This seems to be quite popular amongst Morgan drivers).
Therefore I invite all contributors to this site to highlight the many stirling qualities of the fair Catherine E.

We know her as faithful spouse to John, and for that alone she deserves an award, ace mechanic, team manager, fashionista. I am absolutely sure that the site will soon be flooded with paeans of praise, expressions of admiration, plaudits and descriptions of her all round niceness.

There! I've done my good deed for the year.

Bob (The Nice One)
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards
Katy Thompson
Anti spam question: MSA

Re: In Praise of Catherine Emberson

Post by Katy Thompson »

I know Catherine as a fellow long suffering (sorry, standing) spouse of a morgan racer. But she is also photographer extraordinaire, strategist, general all round "good egg" and hat wearing chauffeur.

I've always wondered who wears the trousers, but in summer it seems to be shorts.........

Katy
aka car polisher, tea lady and morgan bbqer
Katy Thompson
Race Series Coordinator
Leigh Sebba
Morgan Class C

Post by Leigh Sebba »

“For those windsurfers amongst you Bonaire is a magic location!”

As Catherine posted the above she is obviously a proficient windsurfer. =D>

Probably John sits on the beach, takes the photos, and makes the tea.
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Woe is me! What Have I Done?

Here it is, more than twenty four hours since I invited people to sing praise, sing praise for our Catherine, and yet, despite over forty viewings only one person has a kind word to say about her.
I am mortified, distraught, but how must the lady herself feel? Rejected, unloved, unworthy? Without even a word from Mr E., although he probably takes her for granted anyway, but surely we can do better than this?

How can I face her ever again having exposed her to such humiliation? Can she ever forgive me for such a crass attempt to do good.

Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.

A sadder, but wiser.......

Bob.
Regards
TonyLees
Morgan Class B

Post by TonyLees »

Last edited by TonyLees on Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Catherine Emberson

Post by Catherine Emberson »

Bob, you are too kind or are you still concerned about the photos from Goodwood that I still have in my possession.....?

John and I were too busy yesterday drinking champagne after Charles received an offer from Cambridge! He still has to get some ridiculously good A level results so he isn't there yet but any excuse for champagne is a good one.

John may never reply to this thread because he either has to tell the truth and risk marital strife and the withdrawal of such things as slippers warmed by the fire before he returns from work or he tries to buy into the fantasy that I am Mrs Perfect and has to live with the lie. He simply can't win. Anyway he is now very busy working to pay for the next seasons racing and/or the next windsurfing holiday.

As to windsurfing Leigh, my skills evaporated about 25 years ago. I adopt the unstrenuous role of looking after the surfers phones, ipods etc, buying lunch and beers at the beach bar and sitting on the beach making critical comment about John and Charles' windsurfing technique (you may see the similarity with my role in motor racing). Windsurfing is more relaxing however as spectacular crashes are a source of huge amusement not concern. I can tell them to kiss their knees when doing a water start, close the gap between the sail and board when planing or to pick up speed before a calve jibe for example. I had considered bringing binoculars next time to make this job easier or even better a megaphone but John has vetoed this!

As to why you have singled me out in particular Bob I'm not sure. If you want to extol the praises of Morgan women there are so many others you could have chosen with much better skills. There are those who actually race. John would so like me to get my ARDS licence so that I could join them (he might genuinely respect me then) but I am too chicken. There are those who provide barbeques and beverages par excellence, there is one who organises our fabulous end of year bash (you don't know what you are missing Bob), there is one who actually organises the series for us and there are countless others too. I am not a worthy choice.

As to 'fashionista' I know you are having a laugh. I can take a joke but don't be ridiculous!

Catherine
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Catherine Emberson wrote: If you want to extol the praises of Morgan women there are so many others you could have chosen with much better skills
Catherine,
You are too kind, and so generous in your forgiveness, however, with regard to the above I must adopt the old adage; 'Once bitten, twice shy'. I will not risk some other dear lady's reputation, by relying on the 'gentlemen' (Yeah! Yeah!) of this forum.

I wish Charles all the best with his academic efforts, and John much success in raising money for another season of Morgan racing, but with regard to compromising pictures from Goodwwod, I beg you to hold in mind the reputation of the lady involved. I believe she is happily married and I would hate to see her good name besmirched because of one mad moment of passion, when her senses were reeling from the heady mixture of nostalgia and Castrol R. (It's those old Formula 3 cars, you know.)

Fashionista? Remember, I saw you going to the Ball on the Sunday night. Posh frock and all.

Your devoted admirer, Bob.

PS; How do you feel about the role of Minnie Bannister?
Regards
Catherine Emberson

Before agreeing to anything I checked out Minnie Bannister on Wikipedia and find her described as elderly and not particularly bright! Also she has an interest in sinful modern dancing. I'm not admitting to that unless I know exactly what that entails!!! Nor do I play the saxaphone but I used to play the clarinet so all in all I'm not sure whether I'm best suited to the role. :roll:

Catherine
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Catherine Emberson wrote:I'm not sure whether I'm best suited to the role.
I quite understand Catherine, your reluctance to accept the cameo role offered in the 'Great BHP Goon Show Revival Meeting', however, it might be worth considering the effect on other ladies being cast, probably against their will, as the aforesaid Miss Bannister. By stepping in with clarinet in hand, you would be saving some other poor dear from the shame of portraying the character once introduced as 'Spotty Minnie Bannister'.

Were you to perform this selfless act we could all then 'praise Catherine Emberson' with gusto.

Cometh the hour, cometh the ...........................!

Bob
Regards
Leigh Sebba
Morgan Class C

Post by Leigh Sebba »

Catherine – Congratulations on producing a Cambridge boffin (subject to A levels) and producing a magnificent essay yourself although I suspect when you wrote ‘calve jibe’ you didn’t really mean to mock the baby cows (or the legs) ? But perhaps a carve gybe ?? (Well that’s how I spell it anyway although spellcheck disagrees)

(If I say such things at home I get a wallop for being nitpicking so hopefully you will have forgotten by the time we next meet) 8-[
Catherine Emberson

Liegh, you have just proved how little I really know about windsurfing. It will give John a feeling of superiority which will in some way make up for the irritation I caused him this morning when after complaining about the non existent train timetable I pointed out that at least he had actually got to work! I hope he makes it back again tonight. He managed to get on what was supposed to be the last train back yesterday which left shortly after 5pm.

Bob, of course I don't mind taking on the role of Minnie Bannister if it protects the reputation of far better Morgan ladies but surely not 'spotty'! I may have a thick skin but being married to health conscious John my diet is too well balanced to be able to fulfill that description.

Catherine
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Post by Mary Lindsay »

Catherine, to save your blushes, the role has now been allocated to the "nitpicker" himself! =D>
Catherine Emberson

Thank you Mary,

Much better that Minnie be played by a man. They are much better at making fools of themselves. No offence intended Leigh.

Catherine
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Catherine Emberson wrote:They are much better at making fools of themselves
Catherine,
I suppose with the lack of enthusiasm displayed by the menfolk of BHP for this particular subject, you are entitled to make such a jibe, but was I making a 'fool of myself' when I launched the topic in the first place?

Was I living in a 'Fool's Paradise', is it a case of 'Fools Rush in?'

In need of reassurance,

Bob
Regards
jack bellinger
Tech Comm

Post by jack bellinger »

Yes

Jack