Fire Extinguishers

Races, track days, testing ...
Charles Neal

Fire Extinguishers

Post by Charles Neal »

I think I read somewhere that all cars will need plumbed in fire extinguishers for 2006 - is that the case? I just spoke to Merlin Motorsport and they said it depends which series it is.

Will it be needed for the Morgan Challenge?

I've got a plumbed in system in the Fiesta but it'd be right pain to switch it over...

Charles
Chris Acklam
Anti spam question: MSA

Post by Chris Acklam »

I think so from reading last year's news. My understanding is that the following are needed (though I haven't had this year's Blue Book yet):
  • Seat harnesses now must be FIA approved and within date
    Plumbed-in fire extinguisher now mandatory for all race cars
    Helmet - Snell SA95 now out of date, must be SA2000/2005
    Overalls - FIA 1986 standard now out of date, must be FIA 8856-2000/2005
Plus there are new rules if you are taking drugs (eg for asthma like sulbutamol)
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Post by Mary Lindsay »

For information and application forms, including for the abbreviated process of exemption, go to:

http://www.fia.com/sport/Regulations/medregs.html

I phoned the MSA and they were (predictably) hopeless and although the notes say that the form is available from them they were unaware and referred me to the FIA web site.
Chris Acklam
Anti spam question: MSA

Post by Chris Acklam »

Actually I think the form is available on the MSA website (though they may not know it ...) under MSA Forms/Competitors.
See here http://www.msauk.org
Charles Neal

Post by Charles Neal »

It's only taken me a month but I've now answered my own question - email received from the Fiesta Championship organiser attached below:

* IMPORTANT INFORMATION FROM THE BRSCC CHIEF SCRUTINEER

As from the 1st of January this year ALL racing cars constructed after 31st December 1961 (1960 for single seaters) are required to have a currently FIA Homologated safety harness (seat belts). All FIA Homologated harnesses will have a homologation label attached to each part of the set. On this label will be the Homologation number and a “not valid afterâ€