Alonso Wins German Grand Prix

Race chatter
Bob Bull

Alonso Wins German Grand Prix

Post by Bob Bull »

Yeah! Yeah! I know that this is not the place to cover Formula 1, but as John Clarke never views any other subjects and as I have need to rub his nose in things a little, well I thought I would sneak it in here.

Dear John,
Do you want me to give back the 'Alonso Cap' you so kindly bought me at the Grand Prix? I do wonder if you may now want to wear it proudly at the BDC Meeting.
Also John I have posted a few picture that you may wish to see on the 'Morgan Pictures' site in the People album.

FORZA FERRARI!!!

Bob.

PS; To everyone else. Please accept my apologies for invading this hallowed site.

Kindest possible regards,

BB
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards
jack bellinger
Tech Comm

Re: Alonso Wins German Grand Prix

Post by jack bellinger »

Bob are you implying that Series 1 Racing Drivers move over and let somebody else Win

jack
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Jack,
I hope, most sincerely, that I have not, inadvertently,caused offence to be taken by Old Morgan drivers regrading their on-track etiquette. My post was intended only to stir up hostilities between myself and, one, John Clarke.

As to your question about the giving way to other competitors I suppose that if Fernando Alonso was driving a Series 1, he may well expect you to move aside, and allow him to proceed on to victory, however, as I have not yet had an opportunity to study the entry list for the TT, I am unable to say if he is entered or not.
Under the circumstances I would suggest that all entrants in the race should be prepared to receive covert signals from the pits, and react accordingly, but never to utter the phrase 'team orders' in public.
If one is opposed to the principle of race fixing, and many are, there is always the 'Blue Cow' technique, which is to crash into ones team mate thus ensuring that nobody wins, and the officials do not have to pontificate on matters of concern, and teams are not subject to massive fines.
Members of the BOTG Club need probably not worry too much over this matter as they are unlikely to have to move over anyway.

A word of warning to those who now regard the double World Champion with opprobium! Should you see a handsome Latin type wandering around the paddock adorned with a bright red cap bearing the name Alonso, please check carefully prior to registering disapproval, as it may be ME.

Massa Fan.
Regards
TonyLees
Morgan Class B

Post by TonyLees »

jack bellinger wrote:Bob are you implying that Series 1 Racing Drivers move over and let somebody else Win
jack
series 1s weave all over the place naturally of their own accord, not sure about the drivers ;-)
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Bob Bull wrote:not sure about the drivers
Only when under the influence of strong drink, perhaps?
Possible not limited to Series 1 drivers alone.
Regards
John Clarke
Anti spam question: MSA

Post by John Clarke »

Bob

"hollow victory", "snake in the grass" and "spanish teflon" are phrases that spring to mind

When the FIA ban "forze ferrari" for a flagrant disregard of the rules then humble pie will be baked at gas Mark 7 somewhere in Luton.

john
:wink:
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

The Kraken Wakes!

John,
I trust that your remarks were aimed at Senor Alonso and not 'your's truly' otherwise I might consider them a trifle harsh.

Anyway humble pie is part of my staple diet, usually force fed by the likes of Mary and Jack. I never did learn to keep my mouth shut.

Perhaps you may have an opportunity to air your views 'on-air' Tuesday night as one of Three Counties Star guests.

For interested parties; Tuesday August 3rd. 9.0 - 10.0pm www.bbc.co.uk/threecounties.

Did you catch the Equipe Emberson item on Friday evening? My she does go on!!
:-"
El Toro
Regards
Andy Green
Morgan Class B

Post by Andy Green »

Does anyone know why the safety car was deployed in Hungary

I may have been dozing after lunch but i could not see any incident, was it a plot to get ferrari in front
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Post by Mary Lindsay »

There was a big bit of debris on the track, somebody's rear wing I think.

Anyway, it worked for Mark Webber which is the main thing!
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Andy Green wrote:Does anyone know why the safety car was deployed in Hungary
Andy,
It ill behoves me, a relative newbie here, to chide an old hand like yourself, but do you think that a forum on Series 1 Morgans is the best place to discuss Formula 1!
Regards
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Post by Mary Lindsay »

do you think that a forum on Series 1 Morgans is the best place to discuss Formula 1
Bob,
I hate to say this (not really) but you started it...... :roll:
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Mary Lindsay wrote:I hate to say this (not really) but you started it......
What has that got to do with it?
No one expects me to know better, but Andy ....... well, I ask you?
Regards
John Clarke
Anti spam question: MSA

Post by John Clarke »

Mary's rights - its a bit weird to be discussing F1 under Series 1 Mogs - hence I have moved it to here (with Chris' help).

So Bob - those front wings of Ferrari and the Red Bulls - flexible or what????

There seems to be a few issues for the FIA to sort out. Looks like once they have decided to ban the red cars for two races for breaking the team orders rule and stripped the red bulls of their season results to-date for the wings - Jenson and Lewis will have a clear run to the title!!

Hooray!!!!!!

john
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

I was planning a diatribe railing about the poor performance of the 'moderators' on this site for allowing just such insertions into entirely inappropriate forums, as there appears to be a proliferation of such excrescences recently. I refer you to the ridiculous 'conversation' in For Sale and Wanted on left handed lump hammers etc.
I am very pleased to see that Mr Clarke, ably assisted by Mr Acklam has at least made a start at improving discipline. I would recommend severe penalties for future transgressors.

Bob Bull

PS; Does anyone know how the series 1 cars got on at Le Mans?
Regards
TonyLees
Morgan Class B

Post by TonyLees »

Bob Bull wrote: PS; Does anyone know how the series 1 cars got on at Le Mans?
it ran like clockwork