Spa 6 Hours 2010

For those interested in competing 4 cylinder Morgans

Moderator: John Clarke

John Clarke
Anti spam question: MSA

Spa 6 Hours 2010

Post by John Clarke »

All 3 SLRs are entered for the Gentleman Drivers race at Spa this weekend. They will be hammering around the track in the company of Richard's +4 and the Kremers XRX 1. The weather forecast is not so good so hopefully the windscreen wipers have been tested !!

At the same meet, Mark Gilbart-Smith has his Rover engined +4 in the GT and Saloon Car Challenge together with a host of +8s.

Keith also has his +8 in the headline race and in another race - the King Cobra, Horsman is in his 18/21 and the Kremers are also in the 17, Alfa, Elva......crikes!!

The entry list is here http://www.roadbook.be/spasixhours/en/index.html

Good luck to everyone - I will be celebrating 100 years of Kop Hill in the SS and not the 4-4 as listed - well it is just up the road!! http://www.kophillclimb.org.uk/#
Mark Gilbart-Smith

Re: Spa 6 Hours 2010

Post by Mark Gilbart-Smith »

Plus 4 went well. Wet practice and race with lap times quicker than the majority of the 8's mainly due to the skinny Avons. Unfortunately had a 10 min pit stop to replace a split coolant hose. I had a beautifully executed 720 degree spin at pouhon. Currently at the pistenklaus at nurburgr having done an hour on track on nordschleife. Back to blighty tomorrow.
Leigh Sebba
Morgan Class C

Post by Leigh Sebba »

Yes looking at results seems like only one who may have had problems is Andy. Well done all – Spa in the wet is not my favourite – in fact anywhere in the wet is not my favourite. Was at a soggy field in Luton yesterday for the Morgan car trial and well trounced by my daughter !
TonyLees
Morgan Class B

Post by TonyLees »

John Clarke wrote:The weather forecast is not so good so hopefully the windscreen wipers have been tested !!
The forecast was spot on!
Those Dunlops are something else in the wet!
Grateful thanks to Richard for the opportunity to drive his +8 in the Masters Allcomers and his +4 in the "Gentlemen" Drivers. Nice to overtake a couple of those fancy SLRs in the wet :P
Despite the atrocious weather we had a great time.
Cheers, Tony
Andy Green
Morgan Class B

Post by Andy Green »

Great time but very very wet from Friday onwards
The car just stopped,fortunatly in the pit lane and investigation today has revealed the master switch has failed

Roger and Peter both had minor biffs
John Clarke
Anti spam question: MSA

Post by John Clarke »

Great results from the +4 boys. Results are here http://www.ris-timing.be/

In the Gentleman Drivers (59 runners):

Keith/Billy SLR 6th and class winners
Kremers +4 14th
Simon/Rick SLR 20th
Richard/Tony +4 27th
John/Bill SLR 29th

Congrats to Keith/Billy/Christian Bock who brought Keiths +8 home 9th overall in the Spa 6 Hours.

Weather was bad, very bad - so a major feat by all just to stay on the track - yet alone finish!!!!
John Emberson
Morgan Class B

Post by John Emberson »

Tryed Rain-xing my contact lenses as firmly told by Brian not to use windscreen wiper as it scratches perspex screen but was so fogged up in the rain I don't even think I saw Tony go past me......... Have agreed with Simon that we need to invent some SLR demisting equipment although I believe Keith & Billy have something already..........it's called "go bl@@dy fast & you won't mist up in the first place" #-o
John Emberson
TonyLees
Morgan Class B

Post by TonyLees »

John Emberson wrote:Tryed Rain-xing my contact lenses as firmly told by Brian not to use windscreen wiper as it scratches perspex screen but was so fogged up in the rain I don't even think I saw Tony go past me......... Have agreed with Simon that we need to invent some SLR demisting equipment although I believe Keith & Billy have something already..........it's called "go bl@@dy fast & you won't mist up in the first place" #-o
I have to admit that I will dine out on my "I overtook TWO SLRs" story for quite some time to come :-)
(even if I had the unfair advantage that I could actually *see* the bonnet of my (Richard's) car, let alone the track, which was more than most could!)
RICHARD PLANT
Morgan Class E

Post by RICHARD PLANT »

A fantastic long weekend was had by all but to say it rained was an understatement 8-[

A big thank you to Peter as always for organising the hotel side of things =D>

Anyone thing about going to the Spa summer meeting in early July 2011?

Richard
JERRY KNIGHT

Post by JERRY KNIGHT »

John Emberson wrote:Tryed Rain-xing my contact lenses as firmly told by Brian not to use windscreen wiper as it scratches perspex screen but was so fogged up in the rain I don't even think I saw Tony go past me......... Have agreed with Simon that we need to invent some SLR demisting equipment although I believe Keith & Billy have something already..........it's called "go bl@@dy fast & you won't mist up in the first place" #-o

John ask Catherine to go to a camping shop and buy a 12 volt hair drier .
TonyLees
Morgan Class B

Post by TonyLees »

What if you have 240 volt hair?
Jim Mountain

Post by Jim Mountain »

TonyLees wrote:What if you have 240 volt hair?
And a long extension lead !