Oh, I shall Mary, I shall.

Mike Aswell.
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards
Bob Bull

Re: The Season Draws to a Close

Post by Bob Bull »

peter rafter wrote: pamphlett ex-palin
What on earth has an American politician got to do with all of this? Is she a diva? And how did you know that I got my pamphlet from Sarah?

Peter please explain your self.

I Ken Little.
Regards
peter rafter

Post by peter rafter »

apologies, i misread the tea-leaves
peter
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

peter rafter wrote: i misread the tea-leaves
Peter,
From personal experience I can tell you that tea leaves are not a reliable guide to American Politics, but you could try coffee grounds as an alternative, however, do not ever attempt to predict the outcome of a six hour relay race using either of these methods.
When forecasting a winner for such events I tend to take the relative brake horse power outputs for the various entrants and divide by the diameter of the rear wheels, averaged out over all of the cars in a team. Multiply the resultant figure by the team managers inside leg measurement, this can easily be obtained using a long tape measure, but I should warn you that there is at least one such individual who should be approached with extreme caution when trying this method (I won't mention her name,for reasons of decorum,and to avoid physical harm at race meetings in 2011).

I am fairly certain that Tony Oliver used this calculation to establish the alleged 22 seconds difference between two of the teams in this years edition of the 750 Motor Club event.
Correction should always be made for the starting weight of each driver and the difference after tucking into the feast supplied by some kind lady. As you can attest from your own endeavours around the tables, quite dramatic changes in avoirdupois can occur over a relatively short space of time when faced with such temptations like cream scones and pork pies.
You may be wondering how all of this ties in with politics across the channel? Well just remember that this year it was Tea Party that swung the mid term elections against the incumbent in the soon to be re-named White House.

Hope this helps,

Joe King.
Regards
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Well, following what should be my last visit to Silverstone this year for the Walter Hayes Trophy (Formula Fords, you wouldn't understand) I have been compiling a list of 'excuses' garnered over the season and I thought I would share them with you all;

1. 'I suddenly lost all drive.' Mr. Geere.

2. 'Engine overheated.' Leigh Keyrad.

3. 'I spun on someone elses oil.' Hugh Joffe.

4. 'Someone hit me from behind.' Rollo Vertwice.

5. 'It was terrible under hard braking.' Axel Tramp

6. 'It still has the original steel bodywork.' Al Loyy.

7. 'Ve 'av vun nosink.' Baron Cabinette

8. 'Results will come.' May B Sumday.

9. 'Everything siezed up.' Ed Blowen.

10. 'We will keep pushing.' Lewis Hamilton.

And of course that old perrenial; 'Someone spun in front of me and I couldn't avoid them.'

Bob Cub Repoerter.
Regards
peter rafter

Post by peter rafter »

to Bob cub repoerter (sic)

It is a reporters job to bring people the news before the news wants itself to be brought

when do you finish your apprenticeship?

Its Ephemeral
peter
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

peter rafter wrote:to Bob cub repoerter (sic)
Peter,
Unfortunately the proof raedar is ahwae thus weak.

With regard to your, somewhat philosophical observation, I would like to point out that trying to bring the news before it is news to the like of those people who prefer to race cars that are several lustrums old seems somewhat pointless, however, in order to establish (in your eyes at least) some credibility as a genuine 'news hound' I can confidently predict that only one of four men will be Formula 1 World Champion by this time next week, and he will be Spanish;
Senor Alonso, Senor Webber, Senor Vettel or Senor Hamilton.

You heard it first here.

I do wonder why you are so picky on occasion, there was nothing 'picky' about your presence around the scoff at the Birkett, far from it, you appeared to be anything but picky as anything and everything was consumed with great relish and at great speed.

Still, and all, it is good that you continue to make your splendid intrusions into the forum, if only others were so dilligent. I congratulate you sir!

Ever your friend,

Bbo.
Regards
peter rafter

Post by peter rafter »

Bbob

av u tride dis?

My knew spell chequer
I have a spell in chequer
It came with my pea sea
It plainly marques for my revue
Miss steaks I kin knot sea
As soon as a mist ache is maid
It nose bee four two long
And eye can put the error rite
It's rare lea ever wrong
Eye strike a quay and type a word
And weight four it two say
Weather I am wrong or write
It shows me strait a weigh
Eye have run this poem threw it
I am shore your pleased too no
It's letter perfect awl the weigh
My chequer tolled me sew

Cherie picker
peter
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Post by Mary Lindsay »

Lux grate two mi Pteer.
Iff own leigh Bbo wass sew ello kwent.
Mais Ri
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Mary,
Beak white! OK!
Regards
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Peter Rafter caused much laughter, with his clever poem.
But how the heck, did he check? I guess there is no knowing.
T'was right in tense, but made no sense, at least to all but Mary.
I suppose it's good she understood, but to me it's rather scary.
Perhaps in time, I'll read this rhyme, and find it has a meaning.
But as the author is a norther, it's probably demeaning.

Will Rattlespike
Regards
peter rafter

Post by peter rafter »

Bbob aullah
thank you for your kind words
but for certainty I am not the author of the clever poem
like all good plaigarists I stole it
mea maxima culpa

te absolvo
peter
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

One cannot help but notice what appears to be an annual outbreak of agonising over a proposed 'lunch', on another section of the site. Reading the various contributions by a number of well known +4 lunchers makes me wonder if this qualifies as the end of the season or merely a continuance by other means!
As a witness to last years bean feast, (actually held this year, after much dissent, discussion and inclement weather) I am forced to ask; "Is it all worth it?"

Main driving force (no pun intended) is one Mark Shears who refuses to be dissuaded from the venture despite insupperable odds on getting a universally acceptable date and venue agreed by the diversity of potential attendees. One blessing we may count is that if it continues in it's current form and with the plethora of suggestions that bedevilled last years efforts we will have no need of a 'pantomime' to worry about this year, as the 'Plus 4 Lunch' has all of the hallmarks of a long running comedy far more entertaining than 'Mother Loose', starring Lindy Bentcar, or 'Dick Whitless' with Bollinger Jackson.

Time will tell if this is the end of the beginning or the beginning of the beginning of the end. In any event it should keep us all amused until the Pom.

Maurice Needed
Regards
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Plus 4 Update.

For those of you who are not prone to visiting other threads, I thought I would keep you informed on the machinations unfolding on the 'lunch front'.

It is early days of course, but so far we have five suggested venues some, one feels, not to be taken too seriously and at least four different dates on which the bean feast could be held. The situation is not helped by a number of diversions introduced by a certain Essex Man, that have lead some correspondents down a blind alley. (No that is NOT one of the suggested venues.)

While far from being an expert on Plus 4 racing I suspect that if such indecision is prevelant on the track, then predicting or even indentifying a winner must be almost impossible come the chequered flag. That is if the table cloth is ever actually displayed, something I suspect may never happen.

I am considering enquiring at a local bookmaker about the odds on the event taking place, the hostelry chosen and the date it is held.

What chance of the Kentucky Fried Chicken outlet at Chievely Services? 200 to 0ne?

In the event of any of those involved in this matter chance upon this topic, I know of a nice Burger van that operates from a lay bye on the A5.

Let us see how the thread develops over the next few weeks.

R E Porter.
Regards
Mark Shears

Post by Mark Shears »

If you think the Plus 4 racers lunch is drawn out wait until the Moss Box Plus 8 saga plays out !!!