2010 Birkett Relay Race

Races, track days, testing ...
Andy Green
Morgan Class B

2010 Birkett Relay Race

Post by Andy Green »

The great six hour relay race organised by the 750 MC will be held at Silverstone on the historic GP circuit on Sat 30th Oct

The race starts at 11am and there are 60 teams

There are 3 teams of Morgans

1 Guten Morgans No 45 garage 10A

2 Morgan Gentlemen No 46 garage 10B (our Lady pilote having gone on holiday this year)

3 Morgans for Fun No 47 also garage 10B

I am sure all the teams would welcome any supporters at Silverstone,please come and say hello
However please note there are new severe parking restrictions this year,so please park well away from the area behind the pit garages----thanks
Bob Bull

Re: 2010 Birkett Relay Race

Post by Bob Bull »

I will be sure to look you up Andy, and all of the rest of the Morgan world, let us hope that the weather is a little more clement this year.

How about a Morgan 1,2,3!

Bob
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards
Josh Files
Anti spam question: MSA

Post by Josh Files »

Does anybody know where an entry list might be available to view for the Birkett?
Chris Acklam

Post by Chris Acklam »

Details are here Josh.
Chris
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

While perusing the entry for this years Birkett, I noticed that not one of the three Morgan teams entered had retained their manager from 2009. Was this due to failure to direct their team to success? Is it like football, where it seems if your players fail you sack the manager? I suppose a charitable view would be that it is compulsory to swap around each year, or that circumstances beyond their control make it impossible for them to take up the reins again, but knowing the 'media' as I do they will be looking for some less than flattering interpretation of this matter.

I do hope that a reason for this ommission is rapidly put forward to scotch any rumours that might start, if the affair is left to fester.

On the other hand one of the 'spurned' may well wish to expose themselves, and we shall all be shocked by their revelations. (OOH!)

A. N. Independent Observer
Regards
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Post by Mary Lindsay »

Bob, the coordinator of the team is usually shown as the Team Manager on the entry list and on the day it is often someone quite different.
Hope this has been of some help to you in your budding journalistic career.
Hope Ithelps
peter rafter

Post by peter rafter »

Blessed Mary,
Re Monsieur Taureau , you may nort be familair with the well worn phrase "peein in the wind"
regards

hesa lostcause
peter
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Mary Lindsay wrote:Bob, the coordinator of the team is usually shown as the Team Manager on the entry list and on the day it is often someone quite different.
Hope this has been of some help to you in your budding journalistic career.
Hope Ithelps
Mary,
Many thanks for clearing things up, you have put my mind at rest, I was really concerned that reputations may have been ruined by rumours and wild speculation.
Of course I was not too concerned about the Andy's but Catherine!!!!

Well just too horrendous to contemplate.

Many, many thanks.

R E Leaved
Regards
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

peter rafter wrote:Blessed Mary,
Re Monsieur Taureau , you may nort be familair with the well worn phrase "peein in the wind"
regards
Yet another enigmatic, nay! Obscure message, amongst a raft of such missives from 'oop, norf.

Felix.
Regards
Leigh Sebba
Morgan Class C

Post by Leigh Sebba »

If any Birkett team is looking for a boring race and finishing somewhere around halfway down the field , together with all the drivers getting shouted at when they come in after their stint, then perhaps I could approach a certain Mr Roy Keane who currently ‘manages’ a football team but I am sure would be happy to have a go at a motor race team.

Alternatively if any Birkett team is looking to keeping their wives entertained during a long and cold six hours then perhaps Andy could approach a Mr Sven.

I too glanced down the entry list and noted

1 A huge number of Caterhams and similar
2 A huge variety of lap times and a bit confusing with the different circuits – but is there an error with Richard Plant ? The Subarus look fast.
3 Mary as your +8 is out of action why not add the 2cv to the team – or make up a team 2cv ?
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Post by Mary Lindsay »

Mary as your +8 is out of action why not add the 2cv to the team – or make up a team 2cv ?
Leigh, one 2CV was hard enough to keep going, the thought of 6 of them is mind-boggling! Also I am not sure we have enough engines.....
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

:) :shock: :mrgreen: :oops: =D> 8-[ [-X #-o :P :twisted: :^o \:D/ ](*,) =; :-$ :roll: :OO:

I am trying to work out which image relates to which Morgan driver at the Birkett, perhaps I will have to wait until Saturday evening before deciding.
Last edited by Bob Bull on Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards
Chris Acklam

Post by Chris Acklam »

You left out one or two well-known drivers, hangers-on and journos, Bob...

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Chris
Sean Horwood

Post by Sean Horwood »

Does anyone know how much it costs to get in to Silverstone to watch the Birkett? - there is absolutely nothing on the internet (including Silverstones own website or the 750mc website) with this information!

See you there - hopefully - we'll bring a brolly :lol:

Sean
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Sean,
The Silverstone web site quotes entry as 'from' £8.00. as it does for the Walter Hayes the following weekend, but as the Birkett is a one day affair, and children enter free, I suspect it will be no more than £10 at the most, unless you have a Silverstone Press pass of course.

Chris,
Many thanks for filling in some of the gaps in the entry list etc, thankfully I do not see a certain young lady from Essex in there! Phew!!!

PS: Have you managed to persuade the family that your presence at the Birkett is obligatory?
Regards