Morgan Plus Four Racers Lunch 8th Jan 2011

For those interested in competing 4 cylinder Morgans

Moderator: John Clarke

RICHARD PLANT
Morgan Class E

Re: Morgan Plus Four Racers Lunch 8th Jan 2011

Post by RICHARD PLANT »

Hi John

Thanks for that - its sorted !!!! look forward to seeing you all there.

Richard 8-)
Mark Shears

Post by Mark Shears »

Hi Richard,

Amazing how far the news of a confirmed date and location for the Plus 4 racers lunch extends! Hope you took plenty of sun tan lotion!

Perhaps we could go together - I don't want to get salt on the Morgan! If we take a sensible car Philip Tisdall could hitch a ride!

See you soon,

Cheers

Mark
simon king

Post by simon king »

See you there then chaps.

Simon
Mark Hoble

Post by Mark Hoble »

Me too.

Mark
RICHARD PLANT
Morgan Class E

Post by RICHARD PLANT »

Hi Mark,

No problem we can arrange car details when I get back. Is it still cold over there? :lol:

Richard.
Mark Shears

Post by Mark Shears »

Cold?! You just wait until they throw open that fuselage door and you have to walk down the steps off the airplane...

No it's not cold - we've been used to it for the past couple of weeks!

Look forward to seeing you!

Cheers

Mark
John Clarke
Anti spam question: MSA

Post by John Clarke »

Looking forward to hearing about everyone's Xmas presents this Saturday! Remember, the Leathern Bottle is a traditional pub with traditional opening hours and traditional beer - it actually shuts at 3.30pm - food served till 2.30pm so don't leave it too late to arrive.

No snow on the horizon....TGFT (jonno has been teaching me text speak)

john
:shock:
John Clarke
Anti spam question: MSA

Post by John Clarke »

Back from an excellent lunch with the +4 ers. Good to see Richard, Mark S, Simon, Mark H plus Roger Bonsall, Jim Lowry and Doug Smith (of racing MGB fame)....even the sun came out so we must be blessed.

Talk of windscreen heights, LSD, race meets and cars under restoration dominated plus distractions about Flavias, Rapiers, Magnettes and the odd Porsche made for an enjoyable few hours.

I wait the witty comment from Bob!!! (now that I've set you up it better be good Bob)

Hope you're feeling better soon Phil T

Roll on 2011

john
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Dear John,
Firstly I MUST congratulate all of the + 4 Lunchers on actually getting together in the first place. After last year's fiasco I am amazed that the 'lunch' happened at all!

Before consigning any 'witty' remarks to screen, I need to establish that I am forgiven for the Christmas Card. Por favor!

Despite not being present I can be sure of one thing. That conversation was dominated by a certain gent from P******* Priors.

Anyway, why should I be expected to make any kind of remark about an affair that did not attend, and is none of my business in the first place?

Still if you insist ..................

Well done lads,

BB
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards
Philip Tisdall

Post by Philip Tisdall »

Hi John,
I was sorry to have missed the "do" but felt that I would not have been the best of company ( let alone giving you all my bugs) Also my voice has almost gone, Fantastic =D> I hear you all say. Richard and Mark very kindly updated me on the goings on. sounded a lot of fun.
Hope to see you on a track this comming season
Philip
Mark Shears

Post by Mark Shears »

Good to see everyone at the Leathern Bottle on Saturday. Good beer, good food and even better company!

Lots of interesting topics for discussion as John says. Including the proposed Tucker Trophy at Spa in June. The general feeling amoungst us Plus 4 boys being that we will not stand a chance with all those moss box Plus 8's!

It rather loses the incentive when you are only making up the numbers. Perhaps Guy should consider a prize for 4 cylinder cars as well (as Jims most famous Morgan was a Plus 4) and not just overall winner - which will be a hot Plus 8.

Cheers

Mark
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

John Clarke wrote:Back from an excellent lunch with the +4 ers. Good to see Richard, Mark S, Simon, Mark H
I wait the witty comment from Bob!!! (now that I've set you up it better be good Bob john
Mark Shears wrote:Good to see everyone at the Leathern Bottle on Saturday.
Hi Chaps!
I am having a little trouble reconciling these two quotes, if I compute correctly John indicates a mere five +4 chappies attending, but Mark refers to 'everyone'!!!

Were there too many to count? Was Mark suffering from double vision? Or was it the LSD mentioned in JCC's report taking effect?

If I had turned up it is probable that the un-+4'er's would have outnumbered the appropriate attendees!

I rather feel that in future a little less time and valuable resource be used to arrange such poorly supported events, or, alternatively a greater spirit of comradeship be engendered amongst suitable Morgan owners prior to this/next years soiree!

Still, if you all enjoyed yourselves, I suppose it is no business of the Media to criticise, after all you are all adults.

While rejected in a somewhat churlish fashion by MS I still think a guest speaker would greatly add to the entertainment factor of the next jamboree.
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards