4/4 Series V FIA/AppK Specs

For those interested in competing 4 cylinder Morgans

Moderator: John Clarke

GeorgeMartin

4/4 Series V FIA/AppK Specs

Post by GeorgeMartin »

Morning All,

I'm trying to investigate the specification of the FIA HTTP homologated 4/4 series V cars, I know their were 2 one in 1963 and one in 1964 but does anyone have a copy of these papers and willing to share a copy or know where i could find details of where to look.

If anyone is racing a series V what have you done to the car to make it eligable and competitive-ish for your series? As many secrets as possible please [-o<

Thanks.
You can live in your car, but you can't race your house!
Mark Shears

Re: 4/4 Series V FIA/AppK Specs

Post by Mark Shears »

Morning George,

You are correct - the series V 4/4 has the potential to be a very quick little car. Richard Thorne as you may know is selling his at the moment ('Pearl') and I am sure he would talk to you about what needs to be done and where to go to develop a competitive car.

Also Richard Clement is very knowledgeable and sold an earlier (1960) 4/4. If you go to the FOR SALE index and go back to his posting on Oct 17 2009 he gives quite a lot of information about these 60's 4/4s. He has also included his contact details so you can get in touch with him.

Finally I am sure our good Morgan friend (and FIA inspector/scruitineer) Jim Lowry would help you.

Hope this is useful to you.

Cheers

Mark
GeorgeMartin

Re: 4/4 Series V FIA/AppK Specs

Post by GeorgeMartin »

Thanks Mark I will try and give Richard and Jim a call over the weekend.
You can live in your car, but you can't race your house!