Goodwood Revival

Race chatter
Bob Bull

Goodwood Revival

Post by Bob Bull »

I shall be at Goodwood over all three days, and it would be nice to say hello to any Morgan types who may be there, I note from the 'Sales' that Tim Ayres will be attending. I can oft times be found in the Press Tent, or lurking about the paddock, so if you can stand it look me up.

Bob.
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards
Tim Ayres

Re: Goodwood Revival

Post by Tim Ayres »

Hi Bob,

Good to hear that you will be on duty. I understand that my noble Lord March speaks very highly of you.
Of course I shall look out for you. Will you be wearing the usual lilac vest, or something more "period" ?

Yours, Tim.
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

<Image

Looking like this I should be virtually invisible in the throng, maybe I should stick to the cerise chemise.
Regards
Tim Ayres

Post by Tim Ayres »

Dapper! =D>
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Tim,
How many of the badges can you identify?
Regards
Tim Ayres

Post by Tim Ayres »

The only one I can definately recognise looks the same as I was awarded for "firelighting" in the Scout Cubs.

That was before they asked me to leave and not come back! :oops:
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Wow! Tim, and I always thought you were in the Girl Guides, no wonder you can't identify my astonishing collection of merit badges. By the way, have you decided on your sartorial status for Mr March's fiesta?

I can see you in short trousers and a school cap. Shoe laces undone, socks around your ankles, tie on your rumpled grey flannel shirt all askew, and a catapult hanging out of your blazer pocket.

PLEASE TELL ME I AM RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!
You can often find me in the Media Tent.

Bob.
Regards
Tim Ayres

Post by Tim Ayres »

Of course, you are perfectly entitled to indulge in your fantasies!
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Post by Mary Lindsay »

I can see you in short trousers and a school cap. Shoe laces undone, socks around your ankles, tie on your rumpled grey flannel shirt all askew, and a catapult hanging out of your blazer pocket.
Bob, are you an AC/DC fan by any chance? That sounds like Angus Young you are describing......
Last edited by Mary Lindsay on Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Mary Lindsay wrote:
Bob, are you an AC/DC fan by any chance? That sound like Angus Young you are describing......
Mary,
Not for the first time you have left me baffled, I would assume that an AC/DC Fan is some sort of dual voltage cooling device, possibly as fitted to some Morgan cars, however, the relevance to the current (pun) subject is beyond me.
Never mind it is good to see that you are still with us, unlike some people who, it would seem, are still reeling from the cost of a recent expensive 'family occasion'.

I trust that the Bostic is doing the job, and that we shall soon hear of your return to competetive Morganing1 The Birkett by any chance?

As to Mr Ayres propensity for period costume, I guess we will have to wait and see (hopefully).

Any other potential attendees willing to lob their name into the discussion?

Mr Bull.
Regards
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Post by Mary Lindsay »

Mary,
Not for the first time you have left me baffled, I would assume that an AC/DC Fan is some sort of dual voltage cooling device, possibly as fitted to some Morgan cars, however, the relevance to the current (pun) subject is beyond me
Come on Bob, don't be a dinosaur! This link might enlighten you.....
http://www.acdc.com/uk
I trust that the Bostic is doing the job, and that we shall soon hear of your return to competetive Morganing1 The Birkett by any chance?
Bostik tubes are piling up but sadly the Birkett is not viable. I think it will be 2012 before I am able to venture forth again......
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Heavens to Betsy! Mary.

I have clearly misjudged you if that is your style of entertainment! What is it? Punk, New Romantic, Attic, Garage, Rap, Rabid Rock, Hip Hop?

I am sure that if Tim turns up looking like that lot I am sure to spot him.

By the way, Bostic is a Serbian mechanic very skilled in adhesive technology. I assumed that he would be working around the clock on Bulldog.

My mistake!!
Regards
peter rafter

Post by peter rafter »

Far be it for me to defend the weird looking gent in the pantomime clothing, but I also share his confusion. Whereas I, hopefully amongst others, had perhaps enjoyed the initial Richmal Compton association, I now find myself in an acronymic cul de saq. What is this AC/DC? I, having led a sheltered life, sincerely hope we are not entering the closet underworld of strange practices, funny personnel connectivity, obtuse costumes, (don’t let us even go to S&M which my daughter protectively assures me is not only beyond my comprehension but also prejudicial to my medication). Furthermore what is hip hop? My daughter is in medical sales and she is involved with knee, ankle and hip replacement surgery. She assures me this is definitely not connected with Beatrix Potter.

Regards
Peter , Home for the bewildered and confused, but absolutely convinced that he is right
peter
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Post by Mary Lindsay »

Bob you disappoint me, there was I thinking that you are a man of broad and eclectic tastes and interests. If you haven't heard of AC/DC then you should know that

they are an Australian rock band, formed in 1973 by brothers Malcolm and Angus Young. Commonly classified as hard rock, they are considered pioneers of heavy metal,though they themselves have always classified their music as simply "rock and roll". To date they are one of the highest grossing bands of all time.

So now you know!
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Well Mary, that is certainly news to me, but having viewed the web site I can fully understand why they are the grosses't band of all.

Peter,
Fascinating detail of your daughters weird hobby, do you have any other relatives whose life styles may tittilate us?

Nice to see that Sheffield has survived the tsunami.
Regards