Goodwood Revival

Race chatter
Leigh Sebba
Morgan Class C

Re: Goodwood Revival

Post by Leigh Sebba »

Mary has distracted me from more profitable computer work as only a few days ago I saw a gentleman in an AC/DC T shirt and it reminded me that I had seen them in, I thought, the late 1960s at the UFO club. Having spent some time in research I realise it must have been 1976 (in between racing my Morgan 4/4) at the Marquee Club

Bob – as a keen photographer you should know that AC/DC (normally written acdsee) is a software program for photographs

:)
Robin Singleton
Anti spam question: MSA

Post by Robin Singleton »

Hi Bob

Returning to the main thread re your badges, can you put us all out of our misery and let us know what they represent.

I thought that one was the CTC badge, but on comparison with my old one I think I am probably incorrect.

I shan't be at Goodwood this year. I spotted you at BDC and was about to wander over and say hello but I think you were taking refreshment.

Cheers

Robin Singleton
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Post by Mary Lindsay »

Mary has distracted me from more profitable computer work as only a few days ago I saw a gentleman in an AC/DC T shirt and it reminded me that I had seen them in, I thought, the late 1960s at the UFO club. Having spent some time in research I realise it must have been 1976 (in between racing my Morgan 4/4) at the Marquee Club
Leigh that is fascinating at so many levels. By the way, how did you manage to race a Morgan at the Marquee Club?

I am pleased to report that AC/DC are still performing, I saw them at the O2 Arena in 2009 and they were brilliant.

I think some of them might have been wearing the same badges as Bob too......
jack bellinger
Tech Comm

Post by jack bellinger »

TO poser Scruffy BOB
I thought OLD BOYS had bones in their Shirt Collars to stiffen them up a bit ??

jack
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Jack,
Posting the picture made me realise that I did indeed need collar stiffeners and these are now in position ready for my next photo shoot.

Fancy ME getting lessons on sartorial splendour from Jack!! Oh! The shame of it!

Robin,
Do say hello if our paths cross at Goodwood, I know I strike an imposing figure, but do not be dismayed, I am always ready to meet and greet even the most humble of Morgan drivers (See previous remarks re dress sense).

The badges; RH lapel, 'Old Yeller' 1950's American special as raced at Goodwood by Ernie Nagamatsu of California. I have three different versions. 2) BRM Type 25. 3) Ferrari Owners Club of North America. I met the secretary a few years ago and he presented me with the Club badge.
LH Lapel; My treasured ORMA badge that I bought at Goodwood in 1955. 2) Diffey Motorsport. Simon Diffey being a regular on 3 Counties Radio. 3) My Epping Forest Motorsport Association badge that I wore to Le Mans in 1955. Probably not many of those about.
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards
jack bellinger
Tech Comm

Post by jack bellinger »

Epping Forest Motorsport Association ...Blimey there must have been 2 of you... or the badge came out of jar of jam!!!

jack
( glad to see your gonna smarten yourself up)
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Jack,
Coming from someone whose idea of sartorial elegance is a clean T-Shirt, I find your tips on my appearance quite bizarre, but I can assure you that the EFMA had very high standards of dress, after all we were representing our country at Le Mans.

Mind you when we went to Liverpool for the British Grand Prix we were not so fussy. I wonder if there are any other ex-members of that august body on this forum?

By the way Jack, these days it is not just the shirt collars that tend to droop, but what the answer is I do not know!
Regards
jack bellinger
Tech Comm

Post by jack bellinger »

BOB... What the answer is ???(Ill tell You)

Wrong Forum

jack
Barry Sumner

Post by Barry Sumner »

So Bob
What happened, what Scandal, you are strangely quiet – nursing a hangover
Please tell
Barry
jack bellinger
Tech Comm

Post by jack bellinger »

Barry ,,, He,s probably still looking for the other member of the EFMA

jack
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Barry,
I am mortified that you might think that I, a pillar of the church and widely respected member of society, could in anyway be linked to scandal. You are confusing me with the seedy individual who sells dodgy motor parts from a barrow in Chelsea market.

I have returned from the Goodwood Revival where I laboured long and hard at my profession as a broadcaster and photographer, and after very early morning starts and late evening finishes I am well knackered.

I can report that Mark Shears and John Clarke made the arduous journey South to witness Sunday's events, but neither seemed willing to part with hard cash for the privelege, as they both blagged their way in. Perhaps the fact that no Morgans were in evidence influenced their decision.

What droops? Ask a brewer.
Regards