Diminuendo

Race chatter
peter rafter

Diminuendo

Post by peter rafter »

Dear Diminuendo

When I look under the bonnet my engine always looks much smaller than everyone else’s. I am sure everybody is sniggering behind my back. I presume this is the reason for my singular lack of success. Ive tried abusing my rubber but with no result. What should I do about this? Is it safe?
peter
jack bellinger
Tech Comm

Re: Diminuendo

Post by jack bellinger »

Sorry Peter.. Never had that problem... my advice .. Ask Bob as his experience in these matters is first hand
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Peter,
Chaps like 'Our Jack' often boast about the size of their engine, but itis all torque!

Crescendo Bob
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards
Barry Sumner

Post by Barry Sumner »

no boasting needed just knows how to drive - well!!!
Barry
john bevan

Post by john bevan »

Barry- I'm glad your not being SHEEPish, :lol:
Morgan Club Sport. The only way to drive to and from races!
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Barry Sumner wrote:no boasting needed just knows how to drive - well!!!
Barry

Barry,
I don't think that has anything to do with the subject in hand, so to speak!
Regards
Barry Sumner

Post by Barry Sumner »

drive - well and torque!
thats multi tasking!!!!!!!
Barry
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Peter,
I have been giving some thought to your 'problem' and would like to pass on a few ideas that might bring you some comfort.

I gather that when you open your bonnet in the garage the size of your engine is the subject of ridicule from other forum members, I assume that you only have a plus 4 to show off, whereas those sneering sport plus 8's. Well it is worth noting that small is often beautiful and of manageable proportions, while the plus 8 can cause an unsightly bulge in the bodywork, which can be embarassing especially in mixed company such as AC and MG types.
Something small with a short stroke can deliver impressive piston speed, and powerful performance in action,leading to a more satisfactory result at the climax of the event.
I know that some may claim to have more 'grunt', but I fail to see how grunting improves the whole experience for the onlooker, or indeed other participants.

No, no old friend, ignore the jibes and never be ashamed of your small frame, as there are products that can inrease stiffness in the chassis, giving you much faster times without loss of rigidity prior to completion of the course.

Hope this helps,

Doctor Bob.
Regards