Media Lunches! Oops! Sorry Launches.

Race chatter
Bob Bull

Media Lunches! Oops! Sorry Launches.

Post by Bob Bull »

Recently I was invited to the launch of the Porsche Carrera Cup Series at Silverstone, an arduous day involving breakfast, lunch and a litle time to interview drivers and watch the cars in action. Despite this gruelling experience I had to do it all over again for the British Touring Car Championship Media Day the very next week!!
You can imagine that the life of a Media star is not an easy one, especialy one whose attendance at these affairs is almost mandatory.
Now lest you get the impression that I am complaining let me assure you all that I put up with these tribulations gladly, after all it is the life I chose, however, it occurs that I have not been invited to a 'Morgan Challenge Media Day'!!
Am I not on the list of attendees, or is there not such an event at all?

Perhaps if the latter be the case, it would be good media relations to organise such a day, and help raise the profile of this exciting series, and it's competitors. I am sure that many of the national and international media would rush to such a lunch, sorry launch, and as long it was not too far from Luton and the catering was lavish and of a high standard, I would be pleased to recieve an invitation.

Katy, Mary, Kate!!! Over to you.

R F Bull.
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Re: Media Lunches! Oops! Sorry Launches.

Post by Mary Lindsay »

Some people will do anything for a free lunch!

As our series is already well and truly launched a launch would not be appropriate but perhaps some sort of media event at a race meeting when everyone is there would be an idea.

I will consult my Publicity Group colleagues and see what they think!
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Knowing that the 'Publicity Group' is 'on-the-case' inspires me with confidence, and I am sure that this august body will very rapidly put together a masterplan worthy of the 'Morgan Challenge'.
I can reveal that Silverstone have appointed a new Marketing Manager for the 'Wing' Conference Centre in order to stimulate interest in, and use of this magnificent Albino Pachyderm, so I would imagine that it will figure large in the Publicity Group's considerations as a suitable venue for the 2013 lunch - Oh! Sorry, there I go again - Launch!

I am already shining up my knife and fork!

Mr Bull.
Regards
Robin Singleton
Anti spam question: MSA

Post by Robin Singleton »

Hi Bob

Interesting...just wondered if you are to be involved in covering any Olympic events....plenty of freebies there as far as one can gather. Well not exactly free...I suppose the good residents of London have coughed up a penny or two.

But high class food I hear, and limos and roads cleared of traffic..and the rest..should be great!

Hope to meet this year!

Robin
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Robin Singleton wrote:Hi Bob

Interesting...just wondered if you are to be involved in covering any Olympic events....plenty of freebies there as far as one can gather. Well not exactly free...I suppose the good residents of London have coughed up a penny or two.

But high class food I hear, and limos and roads cleared of traffic..and the rest..should be great!

Hope to meet this year!

Robin
Robin,
We may well meet this year, but it will certainly not be in London during the Oily Impics unless they are having a round of the Morgan Challenge around the stadium!
I am not too sure that your reference to 'freebies' is exactly flattering to a dedicate professional journo (or to me for that matter), being a Media Person involves a lot more than free scoff! Long hours, incredible expense, boring celebrities ( present company not included of course), sore fingers from operating cameras, recording machines etc., dealing with officious officials. The list is endless, but in order to serve the public one put's aside such matters, and suffers all of the slings and arrows fate can fling at one to ensure the truth is disseminated to the denizens of this great country of ours.

Must go as I am beginning to feel a bit peckish.

Will you be at the Classic this year?

Bob.
Regards
Robin Singleton
Anti spam question: MSA

Post by Robin Singleton »

Hi Bob

Hope to get to the Classic....might bring the BBQ!

Robin
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Robin Singleton wrote:might bring the BBQ!
Now that is the kind of language I can relate to! Let's make it a firm date, if you can provide the barbecue, sausages, burgers, rolls, relish, coffee etc. I will be sure to bring knife and fork.

I always felt reading your many excellent posts that you were my kind of chap.

see you there.

Bob.
Regards