AMOC Silverstone.

Races, track days, testing ...
Bob Bull

AMOC Silverstone.

Post by Bob Bull »

What a wonderful day!! Lot's of really nice rain, and plenty of really cool breeze to make for a perfect day at the races.

Well it was nice to see Mark S, Phil and Sue T, Keith, Richard and Mark H and Simon G out on track.

Congratulations to Richard on a hard fought win in the GTS race, aided by the demise of the SLR. From the off Keith decided not to play with the rest and shot off into a commanding lead leaving Richard to squabble with a couple of TR's, sadly the SLR slowed and headed for the pits (cause unkown at this time) meanwhile Kewpie Doll could not shake off the Triumphs with the lead swapping regularly over the 30 minutes. At one stage it looked like Pete Foster had got away, but Mr Plant hunted him down before pulling out a few seconds gap during the closing minutes to take a magnificent win.
Now some may say that the Morgan is a superior car, or that Richard is a very good driver, but I suspect that having someone ask for his autograph in the assembly area (a first I am led to believe) may have gone to his head a bit, and he probably thought he was famous!!!

In the 50's Sports Car Race Mark hoble finished a splendid fourth and first in class driving his 1965 Plus 4 ....hmmmm?

Picture will appear in the usual place soon.

Cheers all,

Bob
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards
Mark Hoble

Re: AMOC Silverstone.

Post by Mark Hoble »

Bob, to quote the organisers "it's a 50s model car albeit of later manufacture so you are in". I did originally ask about running as an invitation in the 50s race but was pleased to be accepted as class entrant.

Many congratulations to Richard on his stunning Equipe GTS win which broke the usual TR4/MGB stranglehold of prior years. It was great to be on the grid with three other Morgans and I would encourage more to come out and play. The driving standards were very high and as far as I could tell there was racing right through the field.

Mark
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Mark,
Very good racing indeed, as you say all through the field, it was so bleak that I left as soon as your race finished, so did not get a result, but I assume that as you are also famous now (like Richard?) you did pretty well!

Picture now available on the usual site.

Cheers,

Bob.
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards
keith.ahlers
Tech Comm

Post by keith.ahlers »

I too left in a hurry after my retirement from the race owing to the cold weather.

Distributor condenser went walkabout causing engine misfire and early bath.

Congrats to Richard for winning.

Best wishes,

Keith.