2012 Christmas Pantomime

Race chatter
Bob Bull

Re: 2012 Christmas Pantomime

Post by Bob Bull »

[Bob, as a journalist, you really must learn to tell the difference between reporting fact and inventing stories. [-X

I was reporting what I had read elsewhere as an aid to the theme of the story. Jack suggested that you might need reminding about the original story line and I was simply trying to help as you are obviously easily confused. :wink:

Dearest Mary, it was you who launched this ludicrous pantomine with just the words .."Once upon a time....." Now I am fairly sure that Dick Whittington did not start with these words, and even it it does, so do many another fairy tale. Therefore, there was precious little guidance from you as to the plot, story or whatever, leaving the rest us thrown upon our own resources and imagination, which in my case is short on one and long on the other.

Should the tale ramble from any accepted Panto. story you must shoulder the responsibility yourself, and not try to divert attention from your shortcomings by casting aspersions on my own humble and meagre efforts, anyway any contributions added to the farrago by yourself have done little to advance the plot, indeed have consistently attempted to derail the story at every turn.

Now please put that vast stock of talent we see so often exant in the Miscellany advert section to a better use and further the efforts of Dickon to dethrone Boris before Christmas Day.

Lots of love, and affection,

Yours truly,

Mr Bob.
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Post by Mary Lindsay »

Oooooohhhhhh! Who's a sensitive boy then? Can't take your own medicine eh? :-&

Now then, where were we, oh yes, Dickon, having decided that the drivers of four cylinder carts found it so difficult even to decide when to have lunch he decided that 8 cylinders were the only way to travel (and they sound better too).

He searched high and low for a Plussate cart and ere long was accosted along the way by a vendor called Ro Adster selling 6 cylinder engines. "No thanks" he said" I'm going to wait until the right cart comes along."

Further along the road he was accosted by another shady looking type selling tennis rackets and ancient bicycles but again he refused politely.

And then.......... 8-[
john bevan

Post by john bevan »

The Good Ladies of of Her Blessed Nunnery of the Holy Sliding Pillar arrived, Sister Sebba, Sister Goddard and Sister Sherry (who was a fan of fortified wine) and the Mother Superior, the Abbess Lindsay. The Abbess wore a simple wimple (without pink stips) and carried the good (blue) book the of MSA. Having observed his unsavoury habits she announced "Good Lord, Bullox, you will have to say several Hail Mary's if you insist on making sketches of ............
Morgan Club Sport. The only way to drive to and from races!
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Post by Mary Lindsay »

"..... the Archbishop's tighter mitre" (which makes it difficult for him to think).

"But" whined Bullox "He has a rosier crozier and I envy him that as well as the hat. I was hoping to swop it for this almost new tennis racket."

The four Holy ladies stared at him aghast "Do you know what you are saying?" they demanded.

Just then His Holiness Bevan from Hevan came upon this unlikely scene and said....
Last edited by Mary Lindsay on Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Post by Mary Lindsay »

...."Hasten to the Holy shrine at Malvern brethren and sistren for it is said that a wondrous Plussate of unimagined power has been created there"

Dickon was really impressed and dropped the remains of the stringless tennis racket over Bullox' unsuspecting head. He then with all speed flagged down a passing camel and tipped the driver two shekels to get his camel into overdrive and headed off to the Malvern shrine in the valley of Severn.
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Mary Lindsay wrote:...."Hasten to the Holy shrine at Malvern brethren and sistren for it is said that a wondrous Plussate of unimagined power has been created there"

Dickon was really impressed and dropped the remains of the stringless tennis racket over Bullox' unsuspecting head. He then with all speed flagged down a passing camel and tipped the driver two shekels to get his camel into overdrive and headed off to the Malvern shrine in the valley of Severn.
All of which took the eponymous Dickon even further from his destiny as Lord Mayor, and left Arch-Bishop Bellinger bereft, bonking his bell and bloomin' cross. Yet another delay in blessing the bold sir Dick.
"Where's my crook?" he bellowed. "Here My Lord." Replied Deacon Rich, planting his size 11's firmly on The Bish's toes.

"Verily ye be champion chaplin tromping all over my holy toes, I'll have you ex communised cretin." Quoth the Very Reverend Jack.

Meanwhile Dickon having found that the camel had developed the 'ump over the excessive speed demanded by it's jockey, decided that horses would be a better means of transport, so approaching King Jedward he purchased four plus an old mossy box on wheels. Stopping only to down a couple of pints with a rowdy bunch of Oddmogs in a shebeen in Oxenfordshire, he continued on toward the fabled 'Malvern' only to find that it had died back, arrivng only in time to hear the local Vicar intoning; "Ashes to Ashes ........."
Regards
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Post by Mary Lindsay »

While all this excitement was happening further down the road, poor old Bullox was still trying to disentangle his tennis racket from his bicycle.

The local Fire Brigade, having mislaid their fire engine up a tree somewhere whilst trying to rescue Dickon's cat, commandeered a red mossyboxplussate which Arch-Bishop Bellinger had carelessly left parked across somebody's driveway and they thundered to the rescue of the bewildered Bullox. Unfortunately they ran over his bicycle, leaving him holding the pathetic remains of his best tennis racket. Looking on the bright side however, they had managed to disentangle it from his bicycle.

In recognition of his good fortune, and trying to be helpful,Bullox pointed out to anyone who would listen that the action of the story was supposed to be in London. As usual no one took any notice of him and they continued on the road to Malvern.
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

So abandoning Dickon to his fate, and the tender mercies of Mogmakers of Malvern, Lord Bullox headed for Battersea intendding to claim the post of Mayor for himself, confident that even with a disentangled and stringless raquet he would easily beat Boris Jack's son in straight rubbers.

Lacking a suitable cat he purloined a passing Panda with long whiskers as a substitute, before shipping it of to the Island of Mog Mog which was, he understood, infested with moose's, and would be prepared to pay handsomely for a creature capable of decimating the herds infesting the Kingdom.

Now all he had to do was to sit back and await the return of the good ship Lollipop, leaving Mary Moggins, King Jedward and Sunshine Ray Hicks to labour in the Cotswold salt mines. Once his ship came in he would have treasure to spare and be ableto purchase sufficent votes to clinch his election to the Mayoral Chamber.

Would anyone like to see a picture of a naked man with a massive chopper? :oops:
Regards
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Post by Mary Lindsay »

Unfortunately Lord Bullox was arrested before he could go any further because he was wearing inappropriate attire which was deemed likely to cause a breach of the peace.

While he was in custody at the offices of the local constabulary a very angry Chinaman came in to report the theft of a missing panda and recognised Lord Bullox at once (even though he tried to use the stringless tennis racket as a disguise).

The wrongly apostrophised mooses were hugely relieved to hear of this and began issuing proceedings against the beleaguered Lord Bullox for persecution.

All of these misdemeanours rendered Lord Bullox ineligible for election to the heady position of Lord Mayor and Dickon continued with great optimism which was much increased when his faithful, but so far unlucky, cat appeared being pursued by the Right Reverend Drafty Rafter .....

and in answer to your final question - NO THANK YOU !!!!!!!! :shock:
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

A bag of guineas changed hands, a Judge was bought, a bent copper approached, a dodgy broadsheet journo was involved and a parlimentary committee soon had the Lord B out of the clink and back on the path to glory and fame. His tennis racket restored to his hand, he sauntered along The Mall without a care in the world, apart from that pesky, nay dratted woman from Ex sex, who constantly re-wrote the script to favour her own demonic plot.
Meanwhile the inhabitants of Mog Mog mourned the lack of a suitable pest controller and sadly sang their sad ditty; "There's a moose loose aboot this hoose."

Further North Drafty Rafty everso crafty built a raft 'e needed to ford the river Lees, to avoid his knees getting wet, and yet, so upset his delicate health, but now could cross in stealth.

How many Panto days to Christmas?

Would anyone like to see a picture of a naked man with a massive chopper?

It's not Jack, he only has a very small axe, I'm told.
Regards
jack bellinger
Tech Comm

Post by jack bellinger »

Bob Bullox Bent coppers and bribery that would never of happened , in my Families Day ... To which Dicky boy is aspiring to.. ( Lord Mayor)
Just goes to show us born in Batersia are made from much higher stock than the lowley Bullox and all his racket.

Check out Lord Mayor of London 1966/7 is my advice to Dicky Boy and the streets paved with Gold shall await

ps its a Family thing !!
john bevan

Post by john bevan »

On his way to his beatification, Arch Bishop Bellinger( with his cart on a trailer) stopped at a local bakers to buy supplies for his journey. In the bakery were several nuns, the local village idiot, and another local chap. Quoth Bellinger, who was running out of hands " Hold my buns nuns, grab my baps chaps, pick up that loaf you oaf." And with that, away he strode into the night clutching his petit choux........
Morgan Club Sport. The only way to drive to and from races!
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Post by Mary Lindsay »

As he strode into the night he was mugged by Dafty Rafty who had managed to hitch a lift from oop north in an Eddie Stobart cart. "Ee oop lad, your cabbage or your life" he said mistaking the choux pastry for a green vegetable.

"Wochit mate" said ArchBishop Bellringer (for it was he), "Doncha bring ya pesky norvern ways darn 'ere" and promptly crammed the cabbage into the no longer smiling Dafty's mouth (for Archbishop Bellringer had also mistaken the green leafy vegetable for a light French pastry).

Meanwhile Lord Bullox found that he had unwittingly strolled into this debacle and Dafty Rafty and Archbishop Bellringer took his tennis racket and fitted it neatly over his shoulders.

Dickon meanwhile, reunited with his errant cat, continued on his way to Lunnun...
jack bellinger
Tech Comm

Post by jack bellinger »

He met up with the Old Grand Duke York and started tagging along with the rest of them "I bet he,s going to London" thought Dicky Boy , At the top of the hill he met a Dodgy Looking Character (B Bullox) wearing a wig . "OI Dicky want to buy a Bike" Dicky Boy boy Looked at the Bike "What a load of old rubbish ,,if I buy that thing its gonna be all down hill from here "
" but Ill give you a Penny for that cat on your Head ..........
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Despite the various factions busy trying to de-rail his election campaign The Mighty Lord Bullox was unconcerned, as Snow Way and the Seven thieves were busy distributing leaflets on his behalf, Mother Goose had pledged her support, and Short R's sliver and his merciless crew of blaggards were aboard.
Alladin had climbed the magic beanstalk and canvassed the Giant who was also on-side, while Scrooge had donated his massive fortune to the cause, with the Genie of the Lamp (played by Chris Acklam) promising three wishes. Puss-in-Boots had climbed into bed with the Lord and volunteered to act as Chief Whip, an offer accepted with alacrity by Bullox. (Now only one wish left to go!)
The Pantomime Dame, was of course, busy pushing her own candidate Dickon, but their campaign was mired in controversy as Dick's relationship with a certain Fizzwatsit was under scrutiny by Laird Leverson.
Arch-Bishop Bellylinger noted cleric from the meaner part of Chelsea, while praying for his sole, which had detached itself from his blessed shoe, had finally come to heel and was urging his flock to vote for the Lord, a somewhat ambiguous message in his this case.

All in all the BHP Panto was heading toward a thrilling climax,as was Lord Bullox ( [-X)

More from the variuous parties involved will probably follow shortly.
Regards