Racing and Getting Hitched

Race chatter
Bob Bull

Racing and Getting Hitched

Post by Bob Bull »

Good news for all of you who are considering popping the question to the love of your life, but worry that the nuptials my clash with a round of the Challenge.

Today Silverstone has launched it's 'Wedding Package' as a venue licenced to hold Civil Ceremonies. Now you can arrange matters to coincide with the Bentley Drivers Club Meeting, get wed, race and dash of on your honeymoon in the V8, Plus 4 or even the transporter all on the same day.
There will even be a number of people about who can form the traditional 'arch' by holding up Morgan wheels for the bride to enter the Wedding Room, and to throw shredded maintenance manuals over the happy couple as they emerge as man and wife or any alternative arrangement.

Another 'bonus' is that you would even have an ace photographer standing by to complete a portfolio of snaps to decorate the mantelpiece in the long (and happy) years ahead. (Rates to be agreed in advance).

Should there be a need for somewhere to spend your wedding night, remember, Silverstone also has the overnight accommodation that can be hired for a sum, and would save the cost of petrol as it 'on site'.

I foresee a number of unions being formed over the coming years that may never have received official sanction had this exciting development not removed the major obstacle to plighting one's troth.

No need to thank me, but you can blame Tim Harrison for this item.

Bob, who will be available for bookings on Saturday.

Bob's Photography; Weddings, races, children's pictures a speciality.
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards
TonyLees
Morgan Class B

Re: Racing and Getting Hitched

Post by TonyLees »

Bob Bull wrote:children's pictures a speciality.
In the circumstances, isn't that a bit "cart before the horse"?
Bob Bull

Re: Racing and Getting Hitched

Post by Bob Bull »

Sadly, Tony, not in this day and age ......!
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards