Morgan TT

Races, track days, testing ...
David Frow

Morgan TT

Post by David Frow »

I am hoping to enter the Morgan TT at Silverstone and being new to racing could anyone give me details on what i need to do to my car to get through scrutinnering,i have been doing the speed championship for 6 years but there is little you have to do to your car to pass. I have a roll bar fitted and a four point harness also what tyres can anyone recommend, i am on Kumhos at the moment but i don't think they would last 2 laps never mind 10, i have some Toyo T1R's and a set of road Yoko's,any other info would be most welcome

Dave Frow
Ps I will be driving a 1993 +4
Chris Acklam
Anti spam question: MSA

Post by Chris Acklam »

Others here will be able to help far better than me (John and the others will be back from the Le Mans Classic tonight), but I'd have thought it may be worth a trip to one of the dealers involved in race prep for a quick look over to see if there's anything that needs to be done. Better to be confident ahead of time that you'll get through than to get an unpleasant surprise on race day...

You obviously have a race licence, and will need your race suit, helmet, belts and fire extinguisher (does it need to be plumbed in?) to be the right spec and within date.

From my limited observation, they always check for a 2nd return throttle spring, an oil catch tank, brake fluid levels, engine cut-out, rain/fog light - they shake the seats, belts and wheels to gauge the play in them, and then each scrutineer has his own particular pet area to check in minute detail. I think Bentley Drivers Club have some of their own scrutineers, some of whom seem to pre-date the combustion engine so it can be a bit of a lottery....

We tend to run Yoko A032R or A048, with the older cars on Avon CRZZs I think, but it sounds as though any List 1B tyre is eligible (check with Brian Gateson though).
Peter Horsman

Post by Peter Horsman »

Ensure seat belts are in date and are 3 inches. Have noticed that they are always checking that now.......