ARV6 Guten Morgan

Race chatter
Bob Bull

ARV6 Guten Morgan

Post by Bob Bull »

For those who can read German the following link will lead you to an article due to be in the next edition of the German arm of the MSCC's magazine.

Many of the quite superb pictures are from the archives of a well known contributor to this site. Tripos Media(BB) is the credit to note.

http://1drv.ms/1ou9WvO
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards
Mark Shears

Re: ARV6 Guten Morgan

Post by Mark Shears »

Great pictures Bob - of an ugly car!

I think we will have to get Peter Rafter to translate for us though...!

Cheers

Mark
Andy Green
Morgan Class B

Post by Andy Green »

Its not ugly its lovely
peter rafter

Post by peter rafter »

Mark, I haven't read it yet but presume it says its red, but not as pretty as peter rafters"
peter
peter rafter

Post by peter rafter »

A liberal translation of the magazine article

Techno blurb on car from factory info,
thena pretty reporters experience at Silverstone BDC
good foots

In last few years M has brought several models for clubsport. Starting with the +4 supersports in limited numbers for road and track. followed by baby doll, initiated from Stefan Scieskzka to honour the legendary Lew Spencer. this was clearly track orientated but was also road usable, The latest development ARV6 at present only a one off, but that can and should change. this should be the ideal motorsport—this is not a road car.

the car was introduced at Donington, driven by Greg. From the fotos you can see damage to the mudguards and later the radiator grill missing result of some coming together…
based on 3.7 better handling more power..built to be competitive on the track
explains differences to normal roadster and 4/4, wider tyres
no doors, chassis not galvanised, coated, weight saving, aluminium, lighter, blah blah, carbon seat 4pot brakes drilled discs, lighter wheels, dry sump, water less coolant steering change, fire extinguisher, racing harness and edu map, oil cooler suplex blah blah 320bhp, power to weight ratio compares to porsche GTE

a snip at £53k
Rebecca jackson (TV and porsche driver, Telegraph) drive at Silverstone, and sponsor Turtle visit to factory, a stepback in time to production methods of the fifties, no 2 morgans the same

“BDC most friendly introduction and time to a race paddock especially from competitors
its more than just buying a car but becoming part of a large happy family

racing.. seat fitting. few learning laps, then step by step further, time drops from 1.22to 1.10 which can repeat ( constant repetitive times essential for Le Mans objective in 4 years time)

Next day Qualifying , 30 car grid, 3rd in class, race team/pit wall support and banter, ,rain threatens, dry or wet set up? heavy rain sent all seeking shelter, final brake balance==at start was damp but not heavy rain

with hindsight understeer better altho oversteer suited her driving style better. it was an exciting race day and a pleasure to share the track with many nice morgans==same respect on the track as in the paddock= real gentleman and ladies and she was pleased to be able to say ladies.
with an unbelievably slippery track there were numerous spins and one of my strongest competitors spun in front of me and so i was 2nd in class and 5th overall.
Safety car with wonderful 1972 yellow morgan in the wall, slow down

the actor Tony Hurst who start in 2912 was behind me in 3rd place in class until he overtook me on the last lap— i didn't want to let him pass, pushed too hard in a high speed corner and with understeer and be4 i could catch it the rear let go—and there was a light coming together with a following competitor and (a gentle kiss?) and i was able to to resume and achieve 3rd in class.

fantastic race, exciting weekend- to drive a morgan is a special experience and even better to race. she is now a fan
if you have enthusiasm and the necessary money its a good place to start racing for gentleman and ladies..
ps
its still not as pretty as some other red cars
peter
Mark Shears

Post by Mark Shears »

Thank you for enlightening us Peter - and I agree with you...

it's still not as pretty as some other red cars!

Including yours Andy! Although I don't suppose you would approve of yours being called pretty?!

Purposeful...

Cheers

Mark
Alan House
Anti spam question: MSA

Post by Alan House »

Hi Peter
Do you know something no-one else knows, ie that Tony is a future 'time-Lord' or for those ignorant of these things Dr Who?
h
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Andy Green wrote:Its not ugly its lovely
I assume, Andy, you are talking about the car!!!
Regards
Phill Thomas
Anti spam question: MSA

Post by Phill Thomas »

The lady sponsored by Turtle Wax, gets to race the only matt finished car?
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Phill Thomas wrote:The lady sponsored by Turtle Wax, gets to race the only matt finished car?
Phill, do tell us more about this waxing lady. Is it suitable for a family friendly site like BHP?
Regards