SLR Morgan Badge - Help Please

Races, track days, testing ...
Andy Downes
Anti spam question: MSA

SLR Morgan Badge - Help Please

Post by Andy Downes »

Hello everybody,

Many of you will know of my interest in Racing +4s and the Morgan SLRs in particular - but I need your help please !

I have been given a lapel badge featuring a Green SLR but would like to better understand the wording.

It reads :- "15.Clubrennen Lignieres 1993" and "SLR MORGAN RACER".

What intrigues me is, why would you produce a lapel badge for a car as rare as the Morgan SLR and what was the event in question ? I know 1993 seems quite recent - but it is already 21 years ago

Many Thanks

Andy Downes 8-)
'Skipper'
Bob Bull

Re: SLR Morgan Badge - Help Please

Post by Bob Bull »

No idea Andy, but would the car number give a clue?
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards
Andy Garlick

Post by Andy Garlick »

Andy D

This one is puzzling me too , "Clubrennen" simply means club races (in German) , but Lignieres is a very small town in the departament of Cher in central France.

However there is also a small town in Switzerland with same name, and here perhaps German would have more likely to have been used. They do have a Historic Racing there on a very short circuit of about 1300metres , here is a link to the 2014 event http://www.lignieres-historique.ch/fr/.

The circuit was used between 1961 , but abandoned in 1998, and taken over by the Swiss equivalent of the RAC in 2003 , and gradually brought back up to scratch. It sounds as if 1993 would have been one of the last years of use in its original state.

No help about the SLR being there I am afraid.

Andy G
Mogman
Leigh Sebba
Morgan Class C

Post by Leigh Sebba »

At that time I think the red car would have been in San Francisco and the Silver car with Dave Bondon in USA which – coincidentally – only leaves the green car. So ask Tony Howard :?: