DUNLOP 24 HOURS at SILVERSTONE

Races, track days, testing ...
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

DUNLOP 24 HOURS at SILVERSTONE

Post by Mary Lindsay »

The MSCC has received an email from Claire Hedley, event manager for the Britcar 24 hour race at Silverstone.

Clearly the invitation is to the MSCC as a club so if anyone would like to take on the co-ordination of a Morgan presence I am sure that some will be interested.
I am contacting you today to see if your car club would like to attend the Dunlop 24hr race at Silverstone?

We will allocate an area inside the venue to show your vehicles off to the public. We have organised an area near the Silverstone Racing Club for clubs to display their vehicles, along with use of the clubhouse for refreshments and general gassing.

In addition we would like to offer your members the opportunity to drive around the Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit prior to the start of the 24hr race 24th – 26th April 2015. This would be a great experience for your members to take part in the only 24hr race in the UK and drive around the circuit just before the start of a twice around the clock GT race.

The parades are two full laps; these will be run on Friday at 16.30 and on Saturday at 12.55. Entry is heavily discounted, with free infield parking and a free programme per car. The cost is £20 for either session on a first come first serve basis, if this is of interest please could you contact me to discuss this further.
She can be contacted by telephone on  01252 834377
or by email claire.hedley at britcar24hr.co.uk (email address broken up to discourage spamming)
For those who like the online option here are some places to visit:
http://www.britcar24hr.co.uk
https://www.facebook.com/Britcar
https://twitter.com/BritcarNews
Leigh Sebba
Morgan Class C

Re: DUNLOP 24 HOURS at SILVERSTONE

Post by Leigh Sebba »

I understand Roger Whiteside will enter his Aero (not the one he tootles around the road in) and co-drive with a few well known Morgan challenge racers. :)
peter rafter

Post by peter rafter »

I saw a qualifying time but then no mention in the race--so assumed dns

anybody any news?
peter
Andy Green
Morgan Class B

Post by Andy Green »

Its the weekend 25/6 April!
Leigh Sebba
Morgan Class C

Post by Leigh Sebba »

Sorry Andy but there was a Britcar race at S’stone yesterday and yes on TSL it does show Roger as qualifying halfway down the grid – but no sign of him in the race grid or results :(
Jonathan Edwards

Post by Jonathan Edwards »

Half way down the grid is not bad considering its his first time out in a slick shod rocket. Hope you did okay Roger and team....dry /wet??
Andy Green
Morgan Class B

Post by Andy Green »

Whoops obviously I was referring to the 24 hour race
peter rafter

Post by peter rafter »

my fault--I meant the Britcar and posted under the Dunlop
peter