Web site updates 2016

Races, track days, testing ...
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Re: Web site updates 2016

Post by Mary Lindsay »

Now then children, settle down! [-X

Links to photographs and Bob's colourful report are now on the web site. :roll:

I am still waiting for Bevan J's report and if this is not forthcoming he will have to stay in after school, to complete it! [-X
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Post by Mary Lindsay »

I have just added some of Greg Parnell's photos and a link to some YouTube footage taken by a spectator.
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Mr Bevan (3C) is not the sort to neglect his duties or shirk responsibility, therefore if his report is not forthcoming it must mean he is exceedingly busy. Surely, Mary, he could be excused from writing the report and the job be re-allocated to someone such as Greg, who was also present and is a noted scribe in his own right?

I am confident that JB will take over at a less stressful time.

Bob. The Nice One.
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards
peter rafter

Post by peter rafter »

Bob, you are too dismissive of the hardy souls “educating the future of Britain”. When I was at skool they was cailed teachers or just Sir ( we only ever had one Miss and she was called Matron to whom many sought refuge in her ample decottilage .) Its a demanding profession in heducation bearing in mind they have to slave through the full academic year which is nearly 36 weeks long. Whats more they have to ensure that their little angels are fully charged with enuf Knowledge by 3.30pm every day, except when of course its a mandatory training day when instead they can congregate in the common room in their cardies hidden by the fog from countless pipes and dip rich tea bikkies in their camp coffee, while the distraught parents juggle that other pastime called work and struggle inkeeping the little beggars otherwise occupied. Nay Bob, the solution isn't computers or Google. (I don't need Google, my wife knows everything). John is probably at this minute rubbing the puerile drawings off the blackboard and, chalk in hand , remembering of course to start with a capital letter, scribble in an illegible hand the full on race report. I recall next to the mark on a lengthy School History essay I submitted in the 1960s was a minute spidery scrawl in red ink,  completely illegible. Thinking this was praise, I sought to query it with the Second Master, What does this say Sir? He answered somewhat laconically, " very bad handwriting". 

Are you suggesting Mr Bevan return to selling the juice of the grape at Christies?
peter
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Post by Mary Lindsay »

Mr Bevan (3C)
Mr Bevan is actually in 31D…..
peter rafter

Post by peter rafter »

31D?
that can't be his collar size, might just be his inside leg measurement ( if he wore trousers at half mast) and i presume he doesn't wear a bra so
Ah i geddit its his race number
clever
peter (bottom half of the lower third)
peter
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Peter, I have been trying to be kind to our recalcitrant academic, however, I suspect the true reason for his lack of commitment to the Aero Challenge report is probably due to being busy with stats, sats, sit-ins, protest marches, union conferences, and political campaigning on behalf of some far left comitern.

Oh! And from the sound of things taking cookery lessons after school in order to feed his multifarious family.

Bob The Not so Nice One.
Regards
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Post by Mary Lindsay »

Gentlemen (?) Mr Bevan is one of my most diligent reporters and his inability so far to submit the report will no doubt be due to some mechanical issue with his otherwise trusty motor car :O:
or the need to exterminate mice from his typewriter. :shock:

Shame on you for such uncalled-for criticism. [-X
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Clearly, Mary we do not know on what sea of troubles the erstwhile JB is currently afloat, and it is incumbent on us, his friends, to endeavour to alleviate any problems that are causing his apparent dereliction of duty. I would therefore reiterate my earlier advice that he should be formally relieved of the onerous task of 'grassing-up' his fellow competitors.

Naturally should it transpire that the delay is nothing more than incompetence then you, as Head Mistress should consider Special Measures.

On the other hand he does live far from civilisation and maybe the Pony Express has been delayed by Indians, or indeed by Pakistanis.

I will not rush to judge, I do believe that no man is guilty until proved innocent.

One positive aspect of this affair is that it has given us something to fill these barren pages, so sadly lacking in any form of entertainment or education.

BB
Regards
john bevan

Post by john bevan »

Ha, report filed!
I can now continue drawing puerile doodles on the IWB (that's an Interactive Whiteboard Bob, I think you used a chisel to carve your Latin prep into marble ?)
I have been at Shelsley Walsh all day in the sun, so may be slightly addled due to heat stroke or a surfeit of Morgans. Either way, I look forward to some verbal duelling at Donington, assuming Messrs Rafter and Bull can find their way there from opp North and Lutonium.
TTFN,

JYB
Morgan Club Sport. The only way to drive to and from races!
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Post by Mary Lindsay »

Report now published!
Thank you John! =D>
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

5/10 Must do better.
Regards
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Post by Mary Lindsay »

10/10, good work!!! =D>
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Easy to see who is the teachers pet. [-X
Regards
SimonScott
Anti spam question: MSA

Post by SimonScott »

Re Castle Combe race report - My contributions to "pedant's corner"... [-X
Tim Parsons won Class R in both the championship and non-championship races - chased hard by Kelvin (particularly in the dry race). I should know - I couldn't keep up! :(
And I feel mention should also be made of Stuart Anderson who qualified his new ARV6 up in 5th on the grid before a nasty head on impact with the tyres at the second Esses curtailed his involvement with the day - reducing our grids from 20 entrants to 19 starters. Never nice to see a crumpled car - hope Bumble Bee will be back with us very soon! :cry:
Formerly #64 - Class E 4/4 Sport Comp and Class R Lwt Roadster...