Post by Mary Lindsay »

Dominic's photos are now linked from the web site:
http://www.morganchallenge.co.uk/Pages/gallery.html

Many thanks Dominic.
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Re: Web site updates 2016

Post by Mary Lindsay »

Results for the double header at Castle Combe on the web site.
http://www.morganchallenge.co.uk/Pages/ ... endar.html

Keith Ahlers won both races in fine style.
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Whats going on? No report, no pictures! I have sent both to the administrator.
Here is a link to Peter Olley's fine images from Castle Combe.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=D ... t=album%2c

Come on Mary!!
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Post by Mary Lindsay »

Sorry old chap - been rather busy.
Still waiting for Mr Bevan's on the spot report then I will blitz it all in one go
Tim Ayres

Post by Tim Ayres »

Bob,

How can I get permission from Peter to use one of his 'excellent' images on our website news page?

Thanks, Tim.
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Tim Ayres wrote:Bob,

How can I get permission from Peter to use one of his 'excellent' images on our website news page?

Thanks, Tim.
I am sure Peter will be quite happy for you to use one of his pictures, I will clear it with him today, however, ..... you have never used any of my fine images! I'm wounded. :shock:
Regards
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Thanks, Tim.

Tim,
Peter would be 'thrilled' if you use his picture. No charge, but would like 2 copies of your newsletter which, I can collect at Donington if convenient.

Bob.

PS; IF you EVER wanted to use any of MY pictures you would be welcome to do so
Regards
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Tim, just re-read you original post!!!! Whoops! It is a web page not a newsletter, forget previous request.

Bob SoF.
Regards
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Mary Lindsay wrote:Sorry old chap - been rather busy.
Still waiting for Mr Bevan's on the spot report then I will blitz it all in one go

Mary, if this Bevan chappie is not up to the task, I suggest that you find a more reliable scribe for future events. I have seen photographic evidence that he was actually at the meeting so he has no excuse, other than that his Biro has run out.

To be quite frank it is time some of the other idlers who lurk around the paddock were roped in for the job, after all it is an excellent way to scoff, deride, belittle, or even castigate other Morgan types, and all under the guise of journalistic privilege.

Should you choose to use my second hand view of affairs you might add that fastest lap in the second, wet, race was recorded by Andrew Bentley in what must be (no certain knowledge) the oldest and least powerful car on the grid. A sterling effort.

Yours as ever,

Bobby Boy.
Regards
Tim Ayres

Post by Tim Ayres »

Bob,

Many thanks for clearing it with Peter.

I'm sorry if you're feeling neglected, but if you care to click on "Motorsport News" on the New Elms website you may see some of your celebrated work!

Best etc

Tim.
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Many thanks for clearing it with Peter.

I'm sorry if you're feeling neglected, but if you care to click on "Motorsport News" on the New Elms website you may see some of your celebrated work!

Best etc

Tim.
Tim, you should never place credence on anything I post on this site. There are two reasons for this; 1) 90% of the time I don't know what I am talking about. 2) 10% of the time I am either confused or kidding. I will leave you to decide which, applies in this case.

I intend to produce a portfolio of Tripos images of your exploits, and I will send you a link, so that you could, if you wish, add a 'Gallery' to your web site. How good would that be?

I will send Peter a link to your site so he can bask in the glory of his work on show.

Cheers,

Bob.
Regards
john bevan

Post by john bevan »

Lord Bull, I apologise for my tardiness. Been quite busy educating the future of Britain and doing interviews.
I will now turn my attention to the important issues. Re Castle Combe do you think you could find it in the wilds of Wiltshire?!
Mary- writing report tonight/tomorrow after I have cooked dinner for the family.
Bob- a modern man's work is never done!

=D>
Morgan Club Sport. The only way to drive to and from races!
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Been quite busy educating the future of Britain
JB. Britain does not have a future, as we are now merely a small region of Europe, a European Union, 'Cash Cow'. I see no reason for you to be wasting time endeavouring to stuff young heads with all sorts of things when they will all have computers.

Send out for a curry and pick oop tha' pen, and illuminate the pages of this site with you insightful reporting skills, wit, wisdom, and perspicacity.

I do not need to know where Wiltshire is I have acolytes to send to such places.

I and the nation await your imput.

BB
Regards
Tim Ayres

Post by Tim Ayres »

Thank you Bob,

I have vague memories of being forced to eat trypos and onions, and trypos braised in milk as an infant growing up in darkest Lancashire, but a portfolio of trypos sounds strangely appetizing!

I look forward to it with relish!

PS: Please don't bully John B -- he's doing his best #-o
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Tim, some pupils need 'bullying' especially when they are late with their homework. Anyway as the aforesaid Mr Bevan stopped on the first lap of the second race at Castle Combe he could easily have written a lap-by-lap account of the goings on while he sat their idle. [-X

Now I must point out that John is a really decent, well-intentioned, and thoroughly likeable character, however, slackness in doing one's duty should never be encouraged.

Standards must be raised or academy status will be forced upon us all.

Mind you I blame the Head Mistress. 8-[
Regards