Morgan Challenge for 4 Cylinder Cars

For those interested in competing 4 cylinder Morgans

Moderator: John Clarke

John Clarke
Anti spam question: MSA

Morgan Challenge for 4 Cylinder Cars

Post by John Clarke »

Just a short note to set up a new heading. Its Friday, and filing day - so I thought I would give some structure to this part of the forum.

There are a few 4 cylinder cars entering the Morgan Challenge Race series again this year. I for one, am a big fan of the series.

When I started racing in the series, some 10 years ago, I was a little concerned about the fast Class A cars. As it turned out I shouldn't have been worried. If they do lap you, it will be only once and they are so quick and have so much grip, that they can go round you with little problem.

The back of the grid can be the best place to be and lets you have a good race with other 4 cylinder cars without the '8s getting in the way.

For those who would like to do the odd race in the Series, it was agreed that a nominal registration fee would be taken rather than the full amount. The exact amounts should be published in the Regulations in due course.

John
John Clarke

Post by John Clarke »

Note from Kate about the Morgan Challenge dates follows:-

Sorry for the delay in providing this. As of today the dates are as attached. With a bit of luck and crossed fingers this will be the final version.

Calendar 2007 (as of Jan)

Saturday 7th April Snetterton 30 mins 750MC

Sunday 6th May Brands Hatch 20 mins CSCC

Saturday 19th May Oulton Park 30 mins MGCC

Sunday 24th June Silverstone Int 20 mins MGCC

Sunday 8th July Cadwell 30 mins CSCC

Sunday 22nd July Knockhill 20 mins SMRC

Saturday 4th August Silverstone Nat 20 mins BDC

Saturday 19th August Mallory (2) 20 mins (2) MSCC

Non Championship Round
Fri 7th/Sat 8th/Sun 9th Sept Zandvoort (Holland) HARC 25 mins (approx)

Saturday 15th September Castle Combe 30
mins MGCC/CCRC
John Clarke

Post by John Clarke »

MGCC Silverstone June 24th
The Powertorque Morgan Motor Company Challenge Series has been invited back to race at the MGCC International Festival at Silverstone. This is a huge meeting with every type of MG you can imagine....and more some.

The Morgans have a 20 minute race on the International track - this is larger than the squiggly National circuit we used at the TT but smaller than the full GP circuit. Best of all though, you take in Bridge. Bridge is super, super fast, flat out for most and really tests your mettle. If you've never driven the International circuit, this is your chance.

Kate has agreed to let non registered Mogs into the Challlenge race for 35 pounds, plus of course the entry fee. You will need to fill in the registration form and send it off to Kate.

I will be entering my SS. If anyone else wants to come out and play, you will be guaranteed a warm welcome. Lets see if we can get a real gaggle of +4s out - perhaps a good shakedown for the TT?

Hope to see your there

best wishes

john
Andy Green
Morgan Class B

Post by Andy Green »

The entry for the MOG only race is only £190,great value for the International Circuit

You can also enter some other mixed races with pit stops etc and even get some"free" practice on the Friday

The Thoroughbred series is also racing at the meeting with a suitable Class (A or B) for 4 cyl MOGs

So a great oppertunity for all the 4 cyl cars to come out for a lovely 3 days at Silverstone

Camping is available on the in field and there are trade shows for all 3 days

Finally the current entry forms shows the Morgan race mixed with some TRs,this is a mistake and the Morgans will have a seperate race

Please see other postings in the racing forum section
Mark Shears

Silverstone

Post by Mark Shears »

Hi John and Andy,

I am also going to compete in the MG Car Club Morgan race at Silverstone on Sunday24th June, so see you there!

I competed with the HSCC there last Saturday - practice was wet although the race at the end of the day was dry but the International circuit is super whatever the weather!

I can thoroughly recommend it so any more 4 cylinder cars coming out?

Cheers

Mark
Charles Neal

Post by Charles Neal »

I'm entering this one, looking forward to it especially the International circuit. Spoke to MGCC last week (re Miscellany), it sounds like a really big event :o

Charles
Chris Acklam

Post by Chris Acklam »

It is a very big event for a club meeting. The paddock and inner paddock are pretty much full by Friday afternoon...
Mark Gilbart-Smith

Re: Morgan Challenge for 4 Cylinder Cars

Post by Mark Gilbart-Smith »

Having campaigned my +4 (1986) in the Morgan Challenge over the past two years can I ask that fellow +4 drivers consider informing others if they intend to compete in any of the challenge races in 2008. We are a dying breed in this championship and there is little fun in running at the back of the grid with no one to dice with.

I welcome any suggestions / comments.
TonyLees
Morgan Class B

Post by TonyLees »

Mark Gilbart-Smith wrote:Having campaigned my +4 (1986) in the Morgan Challenge over the past two years can I ask that fellow +4 drivers consider informing others if they intend to compete in any of the challenge races in 2008. We are a dying breed in this championship and there is little fun in running at the back of the grid with no one to dice with.

I welcome any suggestions / comments.
Mark GS: Everyone I talk to seems to know of another +4 making its debut this year - where are they all?
Mark S: I hope it's Sat 14th June...
Cheers, Tony (not got a +4) Lees.
Mark Hoble

Post by Mark Hoble »

Mark

The HSCC is launching 80s Roadsports as a pilot this year. The idea is that there will be a handful of races to determine interest then hopefully launch it as a full HSCC championship alongside Historic Roadsports (pre 1970) and 70s Roadsports.

I would have thought that this would be a natural place for your car.

Regards

Mark Hoble