HSCC for 4 Cylinder Morgans

For those interested in competing 4 cylinder Morgans

Moderator: John Clarke

John Clarke
Anti spam question: MSA

Post by John Clarke »

Hi Simon

Glad you're out with the +4 this year. Let us all know about your car. I will set up a new topic where we can share information about our pride and joy.

Re tyres. Yokos are probably the quickest, then Avons then Dunlop Rs - mind you, Jack won the TT with Avons beating cars with Yokos. So remember, a well driven car with whatever it is shod is going to win!!

I've run on Avons for 10 years and they are brilliant - mind you, it is best to get them scrubbed as the depth of the tread promotes heat build up to the point where they start to 'chunk' ie chunks of tyre fall off!!! Avons are probably the best tyre for the wet though. Rick and Keith havr run Avons and Dunlops and will be able to give a greater insight.

Dunlops are usually required for international historic events, certainly FIA events.

So what to buy? Have a look at the events you want to enter, if you're unlikely to do FIA events this year, then go with Avons.
Mark Shears

Tyres

Post by Mark Shears »

Hi Simon,

I'm really pleased to hear I won't be the only new boy on the grid of the HRS Series this year!

I am not really qualified to discuss tyre choice being such a novice but those who are far more experienced than I in the Morgan Racing world advised me to fit Avon CR6 ZZ tyres and I have to say they are excellent.

Look forward to seeing you at Donington!

Cheers

Mark
simon king

Post by simon king »

Gents,

thank you for the info. Much appreciated.

Regards,

Simon
Mark Hoble

HSCC Donington

Post by Mark Hoble »

The HSCC season is well under way. I was pleased to meet Mark Shears and his beautifully restored Plus 4 at the Mallory track day and that he then raced with me the following day at the Donington HSCC meeting.

To those of you who may need encouragement to come out the the HSCC (in Historic Roadsports) we have a great variety of makes and so you are very likley to get a good race with someone however fast you are.

Mark
John Clarke

Post by John Clarke »

How did you get on Mark and Mark?
Chris Acklam

Post by Chris Acklam »

Historic Roadsports results here (a race into which a Mr Paterson seems to have strayed...)
Kate Orebi Gann
Series Co-ordinator

Post by Kate Orebi Gann »

Page 83 for the results!
Chris, how do the 2 Marks' times relate to Class D times the last time the PTMC was at Donington? It would help to see how they would fit into the Series.
Well done all, particularly a certain Mr Paterson!
Mark Shears

Donington

Post by Mark Shears »

Hi Everyone,

Been away on business to France and just returned so only just picked up on feedback after Donington - what a superb track!

My first race there of course but absolutely great! I've got a lot of learning to do! But its another signature on my license and that's a step in the right direction!

Thank you to Mark for pointing me in the right direction for signing on, drivers briefing etc. Really pleased to meet you after corresponding on ether and look forward to seeing you at our next meeting - Silverstone May 12th.

Anyone else coming out to play? As Mark says they are a really friendly lot and you are sure to have a good dice with someone or two!

Sorry to have missed Cadwell - you should have had as good weather as Donington ? How did it go?

Look forward to hearing...

Cheers

Mark
Mark Shears

James Paterson

Post by Mark Shears »

Forgot to say!!!

Very well done to James. It was a pleasure - and an education being passed so rapidly by you!

Suzanne told me she had been giving you some tips! I've booked in for some coaching!

Mark