Morgan TT (Techniques Trophy)

For those interested in competing 4 cylinder Morgans

Moderator: John Clarke

John Clarke
Anti spam question: MSA

Morgan TT (Techniques Trophy)

Post by John Clarke »

We have had a positive reaction from the Bentley Drivers Club and been given a provisional green light to hold the TT again in 2007.

The date for the BDC Silverstone TT Race is 4th August

Will post more news as it arrives.

We should receive confirmation after the BDC meeting on 17th Feb in Banbury

John
Mark Shears

BDC Meeting Silverstone - Morgan TT

Post by Mark Shears »

Just to report I have just returned from BDC HQ where I attended their Competitors Day - you all missed excellent Bangers and Mash in rich onion gravy!!!

You will all be pleased to know they are looking forward to us 4 cylinder racers joining them again this year and that also goes for the Morgan Challenge competitors.

However they are hoping for another big entry for Race 2, the TT and they tell me they will accept entries on a first come, first served basis - so as soon as the Regs are out we must get our applications in pronto.

I'm sure John and Brian will let us know a bit nearer the time but do try and remember to "reply by return"!

Cheers

Mark
John Clarke
Anti spam question: MSA

Post by John Clarke »

The Isle of Man may be celebrating 100 years of the TT, but the 2nd running of the Techniques Trophy is getting forever closer.

Over the next few days, Tracy will be sending out reminders to get your entry in as soon as possible after the regs are published. There is no guarantee we will all get an entry as the ACs will also be out in force. Its first come first served.

Lets see if we can beat last years entry of 4 cylinder Morgans.
Mark Hoble

Post by Mark Hoble »

Over the next few days, Tracy will be sending out reminders to get your entry in as soon as possible after the regs are published. There is no guarantee we will all get an entry as the ACs will also be out in force. Its first come first served.

John

No sign of the regs yet. When are they due to be issued ?

Regards

Mark
Mark Gilbart-Smith

Post by Mark Gilbart-Smith »

If you go to the Bentley Drivers Club website you can download an entry form now.
http://www.bdcl.org and go to competitions and you'll find an entry form and regs.
Mark
Mark Hoble

TT

Post by Mark Hoble »

Thanks Mark. Entry in the post tonight.

Mark
Mark Shears

TT Silverstone

Post by Mark Shears »

Mark and Mark!

Thanks for flagging up that the entry forms are now available from the BDC for their Silverstone meeting on Saturday August 4th. I dropped mine off on my way home from work on Friday!

I advise all of you 4 cylinder racers to get your entries in with equal speed as we know it is likely to be over subscribed!

Cheers

Mark
keith.ahlers
Tech Comm

Post by keith.ahlers »

I've sent off my entry form for the TT. I'm going to run the SLR.

Let's hope we get lots of Morgans!

Best wishes, Keith.
simon king

Post by simon king »

My entry was in the post Monday. Could be FOJ's first outing at Silverstone in 20 yrs!
Charles Neal

Post by Charles Neal »

Sent mine off yesterday, entered both races. A bit confused about the reference to modified/standard Morgans in race 4 (Morgan Challenge race) - doesn't it run to normal Challenge regs?
RICHARD PLANT
Morgan Class E

Post by RICHARD PLANT »

My entry for BVJ was sent on Tuesday.
Kate Orebi Gann
Series Co-ordinator

Morgans TT(Techniques Trophy)

Post by Kate Orebi Gann »

Please ignore the stuff about "Standard" and "Modified". No one knows why it is there - and we are running to the usual Regulations as published.
Brian Gateson
Tech Comm

Post by Brian Gateson »

Just to keep you all up dated, so far we have no less than 17 four cylinder Morgans entered for this years TT, there is still space for more, so if there are any other cars out there, please get your entry in quickly, the closing date is this coming Monday, however Tracy has spoken with the BDC who have said they will accept late entries if there is space available.

Should be fun !

Brian
keith.ahlers
Tech Comm

Post by keith.ahlers »

Good turn out.

Please wet our appetite and list the entries submiited so far!
Leigh Sebba
Morgan Class C

Post by Leigh Sebba »

Sorry Keith – it’s all hush hush. I hear rumour of SLR entry and as Standard Morgan Challenge Rules don’t apply there may be a lightweight spaceframe all Kevlar and carbon fibre twin turbo (plus supercharger) 4/4 just completing wind tunnel tests this week. The Techniques Trophy is getting serious !