Dont mention the war.

Race chatter
peter rafter

Dont mention the war.

Post by peter rafter »

"We have ways of making you talk.” Advert on the Berlin Metro for the Berlin School of English.
Now for a Pre season rant.
Put your vanity aside and stay close to the phones as it could well be that a high profile position will be available within the F1 Circus. If not just now, then at the end of the season. Caveat. It is a veritable hyped up peripatetic tainted circus, with clowns, performers, cheaters, magicians, conspicuous consumption, media hypocrisy. and is ostensibly apolitical. Hmmph. Too much bazzaz. Arcane and unfathomable rules and practices. Not to mention a tenuous link to sporting ideology and loyalty, to the great detriment of the spirit and morals of every true racing man. If we could only wind back the clock. It is a struggle to find its contribution to modern everyday motoring, nowadays ruled by ever increasing regulations from the Brussels Eurocrats.If your self esteem denies you the position as a contender for such a tenure then return to fettling in the garage. Or mow the lawn. Not much chance of that here as we are blanketed in a wondrous carpet of snow. Walking in such conditions is akin to that of an arthritic penguin. However, I will stay close to the phone as it has been confirmed that a high profile position as a football manager is available at the end of this season and they have even started a search.
One can now spend considerable sums and many years studying journalism. Yet gushing ingratiating manner aside, all they can proffer, including the token female when thrust in front of the camera is : How important was it for you to win? How pleased are you? What does this feel like? What does this mean for you? How do they get these jobs? Raymond Baxter will be turning in his grave, that is if he wasn’t cremated.
I normally try to abstain and do “dry” February, for obvious reasons. However, 2024 is a leap year so it will have to wait until next year. Back to the bar. There are three sips in a gulp and eight gulps in a pint.
ps
I should add that nowadays Circus performers excludes performing animals!!
regards to all
peter
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Re: Dont mention the war.

Post by Mary Lindsay »

Well said!!! =D> :lol:
Bob Bull

Re: Dont mention the war.

Post by Bob Bull »

I have always been a keen fan of Ferrari, but the future is looking black, so my residual interest in the circus has drained away.
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards