Awards for 2006

Races, track days, testing ...
Richard Smith

Awards for 2006

Post by Richard Smith »

I am short of a few details before I come up with the lucky list of trophy winners .

I need to know who has cars (morgans!)that were over 25 years old at the start of last season.

This applies to all cars in the MSCC championship
Thanks.
Richard Smith
Unstone Green, Derbyshire
1993 4/4 1.6efi MSCC 11823
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Post by Mary Lindsay »

I need to know who has cars (morgans!)that were over 25 years old at the start of last season.
Richard, some candidates Morgan Challenge race series:
Jack Bellinger's Plus 8
David James' +4
Barry Sumner's Black Sheep (V8 Plus4)
My Plus 8
There are also a number of 4 cylinder cars which took part in the special race for them at BDC Silverstone, no doubt others will be able to supply more information.........
Leigh Sebba
Morgan Class C

Post by Leigh Sebba »

Richard – there are numerous ‘modern’ plus 8s which are registered as 25 years old – mine is 1977 and you would have to ask Kate Orebi Gann to go through her list of registration forms. It may not be for this forum – but when I started competing in the early 1970s the cup for 25 years old cars really meant ‘old cars’ – generally pre war. Now it includes cars such as the Bryants 1 MOG which has certainly been around in various forms for over 25 years - but is really a vary latest spec Class A car. Perhaps (like free road tax) the cup should be frozen at 1945 0r 1950.

Apologies if this has already been discussed elsewhere – I am a bit out of touch with the Mog Club trophies.
Chris Bailey

Post by Chris Bailey »

Richard

Does this mean that if I buy a car over 25 years old, I get a chance of some silverware?

Chris
Richard Smith

Post by Richard Smith »

Chris: if someone sponsors a Cones Award, you are the man!
Richard Smith
David Frow

Post by David Frow »

Richard
Could you explain how the points system works for the awards ie which events score points and how many, in 2005 i did 12 hillclimbs and sprints and won the championship but still not a sniff of the twin cam trophy.
Thanks
David
Richard Smith

Post by Richard Smith »

Basically, the winner in each class gets 10 points, second 9 points, 3rd 8 etcetera. Those who turn up and are scrutineered but fail to compete also gain a point. If there are less than a certain number of entrants in a particular event, then the top points gained are 5.

There are also some 'classic' events where extra points are awarded.

I want to review the scoring system, and would welcome any suggestions, comments or queries, better to e mail privately me rather than reply on an open forum. I am planning to isse updates on the championship positions throughout the year too.
Richard Smith
David Frow

Post by David Frow »

Richard
At which events do you score points?

David
Richard Smith

Post by Richard Smith »

sprints series, gymkhanas, pct's,trials,race series...
Richard Smith
Chris Bailey

Post by Chris Bailey »

Richard

I think that David's point very valid. I don't ever recall seeing a list of "classic" events & maybe this should be published in Miscellany & repeated on a regular basis.

Chris

P.S. If I got "Walls" to sponsor the cornetto cup, I suppose you'd also be eligible!
Chris Acklam
Anti spam question: MSA

Post by Chris Acklam »

The scoring system and classic events were published in Miscellany in the past on occasion, but it may be good if, perhaps in addition, Phil Egginton and I put them on the Challenge and Sprint websites, so that all were clear about it?
Phil Egginton

Post by Phil Egginton »

Chris Acklam wrote:The scoring system and classic events were published in Miscellany in the past on occasion, but it may be good if, perhaps in addition, Phil Egginton and I put them on the Challenge and Sprint websites, so that all were clear about it?
Good idea....if I knew which ones were classics :(
Phil Egginton
"Think very carefully… because if you ever start, you will never be able to leave it alone" — Donald Campbell CBE
Chris Acklam

Post by Chris Acklam »

Me neither - I was sort of suggesting that Richard could brief us ...
Phil Egginton

Post by Phil Egginton »

Chris Acklam wrote:Me neither - I was sort of suggesting that Richard could brief us ...
Mushrooms comes to mind....... :lol:
Phil Egginton
"Think very carefully… because if you ever start, you will never be able to leave it alone" — Donald Campbell CBE
Richard Smith

Post by Richard Smith »

The Classic events at which entrants gain extra points include: Harewood Hillclimb, Club Curborought Sprint, Birkett, Madresfield, Lintridge PCT, MOG National Gymkhana, one of the Silverstone meetings.

One of the members on this forum has been incredibly helpful off-group, and an article will be submitted to Miscellany highlighting the points system, 'classic' events, plus regular updates of the Championship points leader board. I am not aware of any mushroom syndrome. Always happy to take helpful comments and suggestions, pm or e mail me if you would rather.
Richard Smith