Awards for 2006

Races, track days, testing ...
Chris Acklam
Anti spam question: MSA

Post by Chris Acklam »

Great - could you email us the Miscellany article also (saves rekeying)?
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Post by Mary Lindsay »

Mushrooms comes to mind.......
It is true that information on invited events, points etc. has been very scarce in Miscellany over the last few years.

We are very lucky that Richard has taken the post of Awards Secretary on and I am sure that he will make a great job of it.

It is easy to criticise but we should remember that club officers and committee members are mostly volunteers who all have their own lives to lead and give their time to help us enjoy our hobby. They all have my vote of thanks.
Phil Egginton

Post by Phil Egginton »

Mary Lindsay wrote:
Mushrooms comes to mind.......
It is true that information on invited events, points etc. has been very scarce in Miscellany over the last few years.

We are very lucky that Richard has taken the post of Awards Secretary on and I am sure that he will make a great job of it.

It is easy to criticise but we should remember that club officers and committee members are mostly volunteers who all have their own lives to lead and give their time to help us enjoy our hobby. They all have my vote of thanks.
Hear..hear...only joking...he is (was) a mate of mine....

I am aware that there was very little info published recently on the overall award and it is great that the info is now being published.
Phil Egginton
"Think very carefully… because if you ever start, you will never be able to leave it alone" — Donald Campbell CBE
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Post by Mary Lindsay »

Hear..hear...only joking...he is (was) a mate of mine....
Sorry to get on my soapbox Phil, I didn't realise that you are friends!

Having been involved with the club and other groups over the years I have always been surprised at how much criticism and how little support and understanding volunteers get. Obviously you do appreciate their efforts and if you buy Richard a pint in the pub next time you meet up I am sure he will be very understanding! :wink:
Richard Smith

Post by Richard Smith »

Pint of beer? don't short change me! I had negotiated for 2 pints Mary!
Richard Smith
Unstone Green, Derbyshire
1993 4/4 1.6efi MSCC 11823
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Post by Mary Lindsay »

Pint of beer? don't short change me! I had negotiated for 2 pints Mary!
What I meant was a pint the next time you meet in the pub, 2 pints on the following occasion, 3 pints the time after and so on.................. After all that he will of course drive you safely home. :wink:
Chris Acklam

Post by Chris Acklam »

Richard Smith wrote:The Classic events at which entrants gain extra points include: Harewood Hillclimb, Club Curborought Sprint, Birkett, Madresfield, Lintridge PCT, MOG National Gymkhana, one of the Silverstone meetings.
Is the Birkett a suitable event for this? As only (a limited number of) teams compete it means that individuals may not be able to race, even if they want to - and as just one of only two race events that doesn't seem to be fair.
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Post by Mary Lindsay »

Is the Birkett a suitable event for this? As only (a limited number of) teams compete it means that individuals may not be able to race, even if they want to - and as just one of only two race events that doesn't seem to be fair.
When the Classic list was first created it was intended to be an incentive to ensure that as many Morgans entered the event as possible. Thus the Club Sprint, Bentley Drivers Club and the Club PCT were included.

I agree with you Chris that the Birkett is limited to those who enter early and they are never short of entries. It is not really appropriate to make this a classic event as it is not possible for many Morgans to enter.

Classic events were also nominated across all of the sporting disciplines so that those who were really keen on winning a major club award had to take part in a variety of events.
Richard Smith

Post by Richard Smith »

Sorry, I was reading from notes: Birkett is NOT a 'classic' and is not in the championship. Thanks for highlighting it, grateful for comments.
Richard Smith
Richard Smith

Awards for 2006

Post by Richard Smith »

Hello All,
By now, you should know if you are to receive a pot for the 2006 season. Again, apologies for not getting the results a lot earlier. 2007 will be different, the overall results will be known on an event-by-event basis.

If you have trophies that were awarded for 2005, I hope you have had them engraved, please will you make sure they are able to be presented at Malvern on 17th March to the new recipients, polished too please! They can be sent to me here in Unstone of that is more convenient, pm me for more details.

cheers,
Richard S
Richard Smith
Chris Acklam

Post by Chris Acklam »

Have you a list of pots and winners that you can post here?

So we can shower the recipients with plaudits (and worse)...Image
Richard Smith

Post by Richard Smith »

Have a look here

http://www.unstonegreen.co.uk/Tormogger_000.html

If the link doesn't work, pm me, and I will e mail you the file
Richard Smith
Chris Acklam

Post by Chris Acklam »

That works fine. Thanks.

Always interesting to see the full list.
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Post by Mary Lindsay »

Well done Richard on getting to grips with the points and awards with such commitment and enthusiasm.

Maybe this will breathe new life into some of our competition.
Richard Smith

Post by Richard Smith »

Thanks for the kind comments Mary, but it makes any job so much more easy when there is bags of support from fellow competitors like you.
Richard Smith