Post by Chris Acklam »

A list of recent awards and winners now posted here
TonyLees
Morgan Class B

Post by TonyLees »

I hear that the dinner is full so I can't go and watch the action :-(
Richard Smith

Post by Richard Smith »

I know tha actual dinner is full, but apparently, there is the restaurant next room that is being made available for overspill? That full too?
Richard Smith
Unstone Green, Derbyshire
1993 4/4 1.6efi MSCC 11823
TonyLees
Morgan Class B

Post by TonyLees »

who's the best person to ask?
Richard Smith

Post by Richard Smith »

Mary Oliver is i/c the Annual Bash.

If you are collecting a trophy, then get really excited about the replicas this year!
Richard Smith
Richard Smith

Post by Richard Smith »

In an ideal world, the trophy winners would have known about the awards they were to collect before the bookings were open for the Annual Bash, so that they could be first in the queue to boogie the night away. This will happen for the 2007 season.
Richard Smith
TonyLees
Morgan Class B

Post by TonyLees »

I haven't boogied at the abbey since about 1990!
The whole place is full so I shall have to ask some kind person to make my speech for me ;-)
Cheers, Tony

ps someone else needs to get out in their series ones!
Leigh Sebba
Morgan Class C

Post by Leigh Sebba »

Tony - Certain persons (including yourself) did take John’s Series 1 out to LM but I don’t know if any points were allocated for that (split between the three of us ?). Also AVDK was active in his car.

I recall Mary once winning the Series 1 trophy when all she did was go out and practice for one race and a wheel fell off. However that was more than any other Series 1 did that year. (Mary - is that correct ?)

Personally I think that anyone who turns up at the Race Dinner in a Series 1 (when they have a comfortable Range Rover Sport at home) deserves a trophy for actively using the car.
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Post by Mary Lindsay »

I recall Mary once winning the Series 1 trophy when all she did was go out and practice for one race and a wheel fell off. However that was more than any other Series 1 did that year. (Mary - is that correct ?)
I did win it one year because mine was the only Series One doing anything but I can't remember if it was the year the back wheel fell off at Silverstone. This happened at Becketts during practice for the 6 hour relay. Bob Northover's trusty old Plus 4 was quickly pressed into service from where it was languishing the public car park. I think he should have won it really.

I cetainly think that any competitive outing in a Series One should qualify for the Series One Trophy. Maybe Richard has the records of who won what and when and also the qualifications for being eligible for he Charlesworth Trophy (as I believe it is called.)
Richard Smith

Post by Richard Smith »

Series Ones: they are treated like any other model of car in the Championship. There are not many that take part, and I am thus going to try and borrow my first Mog: a 1937 4-4, from my brother-in-law who now owns it, and get it sprinting! Mind you, the timekeepers would need a calendar, not a stopwatch!
Richard Smith
jack bellinger
Tech Comm

Post by jack bellinger »

There was 2 competeing at Le Mans Historic 24 houir in 2006 + and were entered into other historic races as well

jack
Chris Acklam
Anti spam question: MSA

Post by Chris Acklam »

What I have seen of the Club awards over the years is that it's very very hard for the Awards Sec to get all the results in. They cannot be expected to monitor all races and so they have to rely on competitors to supply them with results (outside of the regular series). If they don't get supplied with the results they don't get counted for the awards.

Hence I think it will be useful to have the MSCC Awards page on mogsport.net showing the 'classic' events that count for double points and reminding competitors of the rules and requirements for the awards.
Richard Smith

Post by Richard Smith »

incoming Comp Sec and I (awards sec) are currently working through what events are 'Classics', points available etc, and will advise asap.
Richard Smith
Kelvin Laidlaw
Morgan Class D

Post by Kelvin Laidlaw »

Richard- I know all the problems and joys you face being Awards' Secretary as I did the job for a number of years. The overall MSCC club championship used to be very closely contested. This was partially because the club's racing and speed championships were not so highly developed and partially because there were a lot more allrounders; people such as Barry Sumner, Peter Garland, David Sapp and Craig Jones. For several years the Challenge Shield was won by someone who had competed in all three disciplines of racing, speed events and trials (including the MSCC PCT), me included. Obviously it is much more difficult to be an allrounder now as cars have become more developed and barriers to competing have become greater, especially for racing. Even Mary's Series ! would need more than a fourth wheel to compete on the circuits. Gone are the days when the back of the grid at BDC Silverstone was filled with the muddy trials Plus Fours of Murray M-S, Northover and Adeney.

Choosing classic status events was always important to give a fair spread of events. The championship table were published monthly in Miscellany. This should now be much easier to do with a good computer programme and this website. I used to collect all the main championship results myself and accept other event results for two months after the event but not accept a sudden 'end of year' package of old results. Basically I did what my great mentor Andy Downes had done before me! Enjoy the job!

Kelvin