1981 Class B Race or Class 10 Speed Car

Private cars or parts for sale or wanted

Moderator: Andy Downes

Forum rules
If your item sells or is withdrawn, please post a message to that effect.
Phil Egginton
Anti spam question: MSA

1981 Class B Race or Class 10 Speed Car

Post by Phil Egginton »

Due to change of plans and circumstances I am reluctantly selling my 1981 Plus 8 Race/Speed car. Modified to Class B race / Class 10 Speed regulations. It was previoudly raced for many years in the Morgan series by Graham Walker and I now use it for Sprints and Hillclimbs.

Will come with new 'high' roll bar and new FIA spec race harness if required. Also fully roadgoing with current MOT and Tax etc.

Priced at £22,500 or nearest offer.

You can contact me on 07817 292511 or via phil@gardenborders.co.uk

Specification follows:

Engine and Drivetrain:
Rover V8 3999cc built by John Eales to MSCC Class B race regulations. Maximum power 265BHP @ 6000rpm (over 200BHP from 4000 – 6500 rpm). Maximum torque 265lbft @ 4500rpm (over 200lbft from 1800 – 6500rpm). Cosworth T5 gearbox. Lightweight flywheel and competition clutch. Salisbury axle with Quaife LSD. Full capacity but foam filled fuel tank.

Suspension:
Thrust roller bearing conversion, uprated front springs, anti tramp bars, rear panhard rod, adjustable shock absorbers, negative camber, brake reaction rods, knock on 7x16 alloy wheels.

Brakes:
Uprated front discs, rear disc conversion, twin master cylinder and balance adjustment.

Interior:
Revamped instrument panel, Stack rev counter with shift light, competition seat, plumbed in fire extinguisher, quick release wheel, external battery connection.

Exterior:
Lightweight alloy body, roll cage braced to chassis, aeroscreen and full screen.
Phil Egginton
"Think very carefully… because if you ever start, you will never be able to leave it alone" — Donald Campbell CBE
Phil Egginton
Anti spam question: MSA

Post by Phil Egginton »

This car is now SOLD to a newbie and will still appear in the Speed champ...........although it will be a compelty different colour!!
Phil Egginton
"Think very carefully… because if you ever start, you will never be able to leave it alone" — Donald Campbell CBE