24 Hour Race - FIREPROOF OVERALLS Needed Please !

Races, track days, testing ...
Andy Downes
Anti spam question: MSA

24 Hour Race - FIREPROOF OVERALLS Needed Please !

Post by Andy Downes »

Do you have any 'old' out-of-date Fireproof Overalls that we could borrow for the Bank Holiday weekend please ?

The "we" are John & Mary Lindsay aka The Inworth Racing Extravaganza and we are running a car in the 2CV 24 Hour Race at Snetterton next weekend 27th-28th May 2007.

For more details go here http://www.2cvracing.org.uk/

Refuelling is taking place in the pits but both the Fuel man and the team's Fire Marshall need to be kitted out in fireproof overalls, gloves and balaclava

These don't need to be 'in-date' so your old cast-offs would be very useful and can be returned cleaned after the event.

If you can help please contact me direct or post here.

I will be at Oulton Park for the Morgan Challenge Race this Saturday so can collect there if convenient.

Please give generously, and your help will be gratefully and sincerely received :D

John L has built the car and the strong driver lineup is Mary Lindsay - Barry Sumner - Jack Bellinger - Billy Bellinger.

Many Thanks

Andy Downes
'Skipper'
Andy Green
Morgan Class B

Post by Andy Green »

Andy

You can have my old set,size medium/large

Black Sparco with red trimming
john bevan

fireproof overalls

Post by john bevan »

I have an old set of proban for someone 6ft tall. i will need to post them unless someone lives within striking distance of West London.

John
Morgan Club Sport. The only way to drive to and from races!
Andy Downes

Post by Andy Downes »

Andy Green wrote:You can have my old set,size medium/large
Thanks Andy - they sound just the job, can I collect on Saturday at Oulton please.

Andy.
'Skipper'
Andy Downes

Re: fireproof overalls

Post by Andy Downes »

john bevan wrote:I have an old set of proban for someone 6ft tall.
Thanks John - they sound great too.

I can probably collect if that's OK, please Email me some contact details my Email address is on my profile.

Any other offers, especially gloves/balaclavas will be similarly gratefully received.

Many Thanks

Andy

PS - we have 40+ bhp to play with and are testing at Brands all day on Friday :o
'Skipper'
Chris Acklam

Post by Chris Acklam »

Andy Downes wrote:Following the mayhem left by last week's 24 hour 2CV race
So, what happened?
Andy Downes

Post by Andy Downes »

Chris Acklam wrote:So, what happened?
Perhaps the 'Thank You' sent to Team Members summarises it most succinctly.

"Dear All,

On behalf of myself, John L, and the four drivers - we would like to say "Thank You" to you all for your continued help and support during 2CV 24 Hour Race - it was certainly an experience not to be forgotten !

Along with Mary and John L - Dave Saunter, Vic Champness, Duncan Hurwood and John Smith put in an enormous effort to get us to the race. Once at Snetterton you all made huge contributions in the way that only a dedicated group of true and trusted friends can - Nicola Downes, James Downes, Sally Bellinger, John Timms, John Goodman, Phil Brown, Arwyn Williams (Vic's godson) Sue Doncaster, Keith Stubbs and last, but of course not least, Wumf Tuxworth. Pretty much the Old Bulldog Morgan Team from the Willhire 24 Hours in the 80s.

The weather simply made things doubly difficult and getting the car knocked about in the night was very disappointing, however we hung in there and achieved a respectable result from a great team effort. At one point we had risen from 32nd to 17th before the engine let go, however this gave our mechanics a chance to shine and although our change was not the quickest in the pit lane it was pretty amazing to watch especially when you consider how little familiarity we have with this car. After that we were always going to struggle to make the top half of the race.

We eventually got the car home in 27th place so at least there were a few behind us.

As Jack put it - we were racing a dream, inspired by Terry Howes (aka Telly Hovis) sadly not with us in body although very much in mind and spirit and we just had to race on.

On Monday evening at the hotel I had a bit of a 'Steve Redgrave' moment and said to James and Nicola that although I had a fantastic time within our Team, I was NEVER going to go and do that bloody 2CV race again ! I even rang Mary to tell her so but she was in such high spirits that I didn't have the heart to say and suddenly I'm all caught up in the plans for 2008.

Now that we know what we are up against we are definitely going back next year with an improved car and a faster engine - we'll show them what we can do. We just have to do John L's car justice – christened ‘Wild Thing’ at the end of the race.

To all of you who looked after us whether in the motor-home, garage, or drenched and cold on the pit wall - our sincere and heartfelt "Thanks" - and can you come again next year please ? because we have unfinished business.

John Lindsay, Mary Lindsay, Barry Sumner, Jack Bellinger, Billy Bellinger, Andy Downes
The Inworth Racing Extravaganza (Car No: 42 the answer to life, the universe, and everything...)

PS – The ‘endurance’ engine dropped a valve and holed the piston."

Have (Twin-cylinder) Fun
8-) 8-) 8-)
'Skipper'
Leigh Sebba
Morgan Class C

Post by Leigh Sebba »

Well done.

I was a few thousand miles away at the time but I hear rumour there was a spot of rain that weekend.

Leigh