Silverstone Classic 27-29th July 2007

Races, track days, testing ...
keith.ahlers
Tech Comm

Silverstone Classic 27-29th July 2007

Post by keith.ahlers »

I haven't seen a full entry list yet but at least four Morgans are running at Silverstone this weekend. It's going to be a huge meeting. 420 racing cars.

In the Gentlemen Drivers' race Rick Bourne & I are running the Chris Lawrence SLR. The Kremer's have XRX1 and Malcolm Paul's Plus4 is there too..

In VSCC John Clarke is sharing his pre-war 4-4 with Peter Horsman.

Well known Morgan Pilotes are running in some of the other races.

Timetable at http://www.hscc.org.uk/PDF%20Forms%20&% ... 012-07.pdf

Best wishes, Keith.
Mark Shears

Morgans at Silverstone Classic

Post by Mark Shears »

Hi Keith,

Some unknown Morgan pilotes are also racing - me!!! However Mark Hoble is also competing in his Plus 4 with me in the combined Historic Roadsports and 70's race together with two (more well known!) Plus 8 racers, Paul Conway and Tony Howard (in his ex:Lawrence Moss box +8)

Should be a good meeting - weather permitting and we look forward to meeting any Morgan supporters attending.

Cheers,

Mark
Chris Acklam
Anti spam question: MSA

Post by Chris Acklam »

Good luck everyone - should be a great meeting. Hope the weather is kind for you...
Leigh Sebba
Morgan Class C

Post by Leigh Sebba »

I believe the Heritage Series is at Snett (supporting the Touring Cars) and of course there is the Anglemog gymkhana at the Sebbas !!
Leigh Sebba
Morgan Class C

Post by Leigh Sebba »

Looking at MST I see at S’stone the SLR was 9th out of 40 (beaten only by Cobras and E Types). The Clarke / Horsman 4-4 was 21st out of 40 and first in class (I think I might have lost my seat to PH !). Paul Conway won the 40 grid big Roadsports and in smaller Roadsports Mark Hoble was about halfway.

At Snett Rick Lloyd (alone without PH to co drive) got a 3rd and 2nd place.

And, the result you’ve been waiting for, the Nayland Anglemog gymkhana ……MST don’t seem to have that – but it went well, even attracting Norman Stechman – serious Mog racer of many years ago.