Anti spam question: MSA

Birkett 6 hour relay

Post by Chris Acklam »

So how did the two teams get on in the Birkett :?:
Kate Orebi Gann
Series Co-ordinator

Birkett 6 hour relay

Post by Kate Orebi Gann »

Uneventful race (almost) for both teams. Andy Green didn't quite manage his full hour as his Spa-damaged, part-mended engine only lasted about 50 minutes. Phil Hollins was "kissed" both front and rear during his stint but with no material damage.

Handicap results:
Morgans For Fun: 9th overall, 3rd in Class B
Morgan Lady and Gentlemen: 10th overall, 4th in Class B

Scratch results:
Morgans For Fun: 16th, 290 laps
Morgan Lady and Gentlemen: 17th, 289 laps (a few seconds behind)

It was a grey blustery day with rain in the air from about 1pm onwards. The track was not wet but very greasy with moisture and oil. Two periods of safety car - one of 3 minutes very early on and one of 19 minutes (10 laps) during the fifth hour.

Cold and dark for packing up - and the McLaren marble garage floor gets very slippery in the wet!!! Don't know how Elf 'n' Safety can allow it......

M L and G left an inspection lamp in their garage. I have it here in Sussex, so please can someone claim it?

I'm sure the Drivers will add much more to the account :)

Big thanks to all the helpers and visitors who came along in support - Garages 5A and B were very busy all day!

Well done to the handicapper (apart from not giving both teams enough laps to be 1st and 2nd rather than 9th and 10th) for making the last stages of the race so exciting.

Kate
Last edited by Kate Orebi Gann on Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Post by Mary Lindsay »

Well done everyone, glad you all had fun. :)
Andy Green
Morgan Class B

Post by Andy Green »

Actually the best Birkett for years with the two Morgan Teams racing for 6 hours only a few seconds/laps apart

The joint drivers of the day were

1,Andrew Potter for our team who had just returned from Paris on friday evening,slept for 4 hours and then arrived at silverstone at 6.30am! his times were fantastic

2 Peter Henry for "Morgans for fun" who seemed to be in his car for hours(actually about 65 minutes) getting faster and faster,great times and awesome overtaking

Congradulations to Morgans for Fun and especially Simon OG who kept the lead in the last hour , we will all be back in 2008
Andy Downes

Post by Andy Downes »

As the official arbiter for Driver of the Day I can confirm that it was indeed Andrew (Hot Laps) Potter and Peter (Cool Rookie) Henry.

Best of all for me - they both drove to and from the circuit in the true Lindsay/Bellinger style.

This was the hardest Birkett I have done for many years, as Manager of Simon & Kate OG's Morgans For Fun we had to be at our very best to stave off the challenge from Andy G's Morgan Lady And Gentlemen.

The last hour was truly fantastic, the handicap positions were equal apart from track position - Simon OG was ahead of Phil G but only by some 19s, then 16s, then 9s - Yikes ! Thankfully Simon had got it back to 15s when the flag came out.

Everyone involved on both Teams showed great spirit - it was a real pleasure to be involved.

Cheers !

Have (Morgans for) Fun
8-) 8-) 8-)
'Skipper'
Simon Orebi Gann
Morgan Class C

Post by Simon Orebi Gann »

Looking at the results today with all the benefit of hindsight, if poor Andy's engine had held up, his team would have scored 2-3 more laps....and could have been the race winners.

very unlucky. everyone did just great, and the smiles afterwards made it all worthwhile.

I have lobbied Robin Knight to go for the international circuit next year. anyone else who is interested should write/email/fax to push for it. just think of an hour on that circuit.

2008 is only 365 days off (allowing for next year's leap year :-))

Simon
Leigh Sebba
Morgan Class C

Post by Leigh Sebba »

Well done all.

I happened to hear Chris Evans on Radio 2 on Fri eve and someone phoned in to wish her husband luck as he was racing at Silverstone on Saturday !

Who was in the two Mog teams ?
Andy Green
Morgan Class B

Post by Andy Green »

Simon

I also sent an e mail after last years racing seeking the chance for the 2007 race to run on the International Circuit,mainly for the reason of safety

He responded listing the problem of getting Marshalls/circuit vehicles and costs as the key issues

However he also restricted for this years race the super fast and super slow cars-which I thought improved the event for everyone

So we will see but I will also send him a mail this evening

Andy
Andrew Potter

Post by Andrew Potter »

To both Andys I say 'Thank you'. I have had an astonishing first year in racing, mainly learning my craft (slowly) and the circuits, and I have enjoyed every minute of my time with you all.What a privilege it was to race in your team, Andy; all I had in mind was to enjoy the race and perhaps to put in some laps around the 1.12 mark, my quickest lap times at the BDC meeting. With all that traffic about it was therefore more than a pleasure to see the 1.10 board out for lap after lap.Thank you, too, to Geraint, Andrew T, Sharlie and Philip for your support, especially as I had tried to T-bone Philip at Knockhill and prevent his championship chances- thank goodness for your quick re-actions. Having arrived back home at 11.30 on Friday night I woke at 1, then 2, and 3. At 3.30 I gave up trying, got up, and the rest is history. It must be the Sanatogen that does it!
I'm still buzzing- see you all on the 17th. Thank you.
Andy Downes

Post by Andy Downes »

Leigh Sebba wrote:Who was in the two Mog teams ?
Leigh - Thanks for your good wishes.

Try here :- http://www.Mogsport.net but substitute Peter Henry for James Bellinger.

Andy
'Skipper'
Kate Orebi Gann
Series Co-ordinator

Birkett 6 hour relay

Post by Kate Orebi Gann »

Except that James (Billy) Bellinger was not able to make it so Peter Henry became part of the Morgans For Fun team
Leigh Sebba
Morgan Class C

Post by Leigh Sebba »

Sorry – I should read Mogsport news and not just Brakehorsepower gossip !