The Chris Lawrence Trophy - Winner

For those interested in competing 4 cylinder Morgans

Moderator: John Clarke

Mark Hoble

The Chris Lawrence Trophy - Winner

Post by Mark Hoble »

I am delighted to announce that Chris Lawrence has agreed to presentation of a trophy in his name for the highest place four cylinder Morgan in the HSCC Historic Roadsports Championship (HRS). Not only that, he has offered to design and make the trophy himself !

Early season interest in HRS from Morgans has been higher than in previous years. We will have at least six or seven cars out on a regular basis so there should be good competition for the trophy. My intention all along has been to provide a natural home for four cylinder cars within a championship and it looks as though we are well on the way to acheiving that aim.

My thanks go to John Clarke for facilitating the invitation to Chris.

regards

Mark Hoble
Mark Shears

Re: The Chris Lawrence Trophy

Post by Mark Shears »

Mark,

This is very exciting news - and very well done for not only formulating the idea in the first place and then getting the HSCC to adopt it but then getting Chris Lawrence to endorse it. And to design and make the Trophy to boot!

Look forward to seeing you again at the first Chris Lawrence Trophy meeting at HSCC Donington at the end of the month!

Cheers

Mark
John Clarke
Anti spam question: MSA

Re: The Chris Lawrence Trophy

Post by John Clarke »

CONGRATULATIONS to Jonathon Rushton the first winner of the Chris Lawrence Trophy. Jonathon wins this fantastic trophy after finishing the HSCC Roadsports championship as the highest placed 4 cylinder Morgan with 36 points, 3rd in Class and 11th overall.

Trailing Jonathon were:

John Clarke 16 points 6th Class 25th overall
Mark Hoble 14 points 7th Class 29th overall
Mark Shears 10 points 8th Class 32nd overall

I understand that the Chris Lawrence Trophy will be presented to Jonathon at the HSCC dinner on the 22nd November.

My apologies to Jonathon that I will be unable to attend the dinner - but please accept my hearty congratulations via this posting - a worthy winner, in true +4 'sideways' style

=D>
Mark Shears

Re: The Chris Lawrence Trophy - Winner

Post by Mark Shears »

Well done Jonathon - richly deserved. I am sorry that I too won't be there to see you collect the magnificent trophy (must be worth a fortune being a genuine Lawrencetune trophy!) but I also have a clash of dates.

Never mind, well done all the same and look forward to seeing you soon. Now get that engine/gearbox rebuild started!

Cheers

Mark
Jonathon Rushton

Post by Jonathon Rushton »

many thank one and all. The nights are drawing in and having watch Hamilton and McLaren use their best endeavours to hand the F1 title to Masa I find the prospect of nil by mouth until March 2009 a rather daunting prospect.

The +4 hasn't turned a wheel since the Silverstone Finals meeting but I am hoping to put into the surgeons hands during the next week or so. I've also had an initial conversation with Billy Bellinger and as a result I will be taking the wife down to Farringdon Market where I understand it is still legal to auction your wife! Sensible offers only please...

I will be going along to the HSCC dinner at the end of the month to pick up the Chris Lawrence Trophy which should be an event in itself. However, it would be rather fine if all roadsports types could put their heads together to find a mutually convenient time for a curry and a pint or two, in town or the 'burbs it really doesn't matter.

All in favour?

Jonathon
Mark Shears

Post by Mark Shears »

Hi Jonathon,

We are not ignoring you - honest!

In fact Richard and I were only talking about it at the weekend. As it happens we will be at the Morgan Challenge Dinner in Stratford upon Avon (our home town!) this Saturday evening which of course clashes with the HSCC Dinner.

Sorry we can't be with you but as you suggest perhaps we could all get together, perhaps in the New Year...?

Any suggestions for dates and venues?

Cheers

Mark
RICHARD PLANT
Morgan Class E

Post by RICHARD PLANT »

Hi Guys,

Sorry that I will not be at the HSCC dinner this weekend but it clashes with the Morgan Challenge dinner and drivers meeting in Stratford on Avon
so I don’t have to travel very far!!!

Congratulations Jonathon on winning the Chris Lawrence trophy have a good time!!! . Sorry I cant make it down to London before Christmas 8-) put perhaps we could have a Post Christmas bash in the new year?

Richard.
John Clarke

Post by John Clarke »

Hi Jonathon

Hope the awards ceremony went well - post a photo if you can work it out!!

Re +4 celebratory drink - spoke with Richard and Mark S, what about just after Xmas when its all gone quiet somewhere off the M40 Jn 1-3 (Beaconsfield - Stokenchurch). All +4 owners welcome!!

To start the ball rolling I will suggest Monday 29th Dec lunch time venue to be worked out!!!

best wishes

john

8-)
Mark Shears

Post by Mark Shears »

What about The Leathern Bottle at Lewknor ?(J6 M40)

We used to stop off there for a pint or two on the way to Twickers - very obliging at 9.30 in the morning!

Cheers

Mark
Mark Hoble

Post by Mark Hoble »

Mark Shears wrote:What about The Leathern Bottle at Lewknor ?(J6 M40)

We used to stop off there for a pint or two on the way to Twickers - very obliging at 9.30 in the morning!

Cheers

Mark

I'm up for this. Anything to escape Xmas and talk racing !

Mark
John Clarke

Post by John Clarke »

We nearly have a plan. Lets go with the Leathern Bottle; their website is here

http://www.theleathernbottle.co.uk/index.html

Let's go for a lunch time and please advise best date between the following options:

Sunday 28th Dec
Monday 29th Dec (my preference)
Tuesday 30th Dec

Of course, we need Jonathon to be available so all dates could change!!!

john
RICHARD PLANT
Morgan Class E

Post by RICHARD PLANT »

December 29th would be fine for me :D

Richard
Andy Green
Morgan Class B

Post by Andy Green »

Within walking distance of my house
Just two problems away skiing and no 4 cyl(so not invited)
But maybe next year
TonyLees
Morgan Class B

Post by TonyLees »

Oh go on Andy, cancel your skiing trip, buy a flat rad and join in :-)
Mind you it's only +4s so no series ones allowed :P
Mark Shears

Post by Mark Shears »

Hi Andy,

It would have been nice to see you especially on my Wedding Anniversary!

Bearing this in mind and that my wife has other plans would it be very inconvenient for everyone to do Tuesday lunchtime instead?

That's Tuesday 30th December at The Leathern Bottle. If its a problem let me know because I think it would be great if all of us can get together.

What about you Jonathon? It's your party!!!

Cheers

Mark