HSCC - Silverstone International 10/11th May

For those interested in competing 4 cylinder Morgans

Moderator: John Clarke

John Clarke
Anti spam question: MSA

HSCC - Silverstone International 10/11th May

Post by John Clarke »

Will there be a bumper turn out of Mogs at Silverstone next month? I've entered - anyone else?

Perhaps we can set aside an area in the paddock for the Mogs to congregate? (+8s also of course).
Mark Shears

Re: HSCC - Silverstone International 10/11th May

Post by Mark Shears »

Morning John,

I have entered - and I think I have got an entry - well they confirmed they had received my entry!

I have also received an entry form from Jim Lowry to compete in the GTS Equipe Double Header and this morning from Steve Carr at the MGCC at the International Meeting at Silverstone over the weekend of 13th-15th June.

The Power Torque Morgan championship is also there on the Sunday so that would make for a good Morgan weekend to counter balance all those MGs!

What do you think?

Cheers

Mark
John Clarke

Post by John Clarke »

The MGCC meeting is great - I used to be a regular both before and after I got into Morgans (I used to have a succession of MGs throughout the 70's and for a while I was a joint MG / Mog owner).

I entered the Mog Challenge race last year and had a great time - big thanks to David James for avoiding my slightly out of shape (ahem) car down at that sharp corner before Bridge.

What race are you thinking of entering at the MGCC meet Mark?
Mark Shears

Post by Mark Shears »

Morning John,

I am going to enter Jim Lowrys Equipe GTS race which is a double header with a 30 min race on Saturday and another 30 min race on the Sunday. If I am unlucky and don't get an entry there is a 30 min race on the Sunday for the Signtec Trophy which I should get an entry for.

Jim (and Steve Carr) have sent me Entry Forms but I am sure you could download one from the Historique website.

Any more Plus Fours up for it? I see Tim Hill and I have both got an entry for the Equipe GTS race at VSCC Donington at the end of May.

John Emberson what are you up to?!

Cheers

Mark
simon king

Post by simon king »

Hopefully FOJ will be back on the road by then. I have an entry I'm told, and really looking forward to getting out again. :D
RICHARD PLANT
Morgan Class E

Post by RICHARD PLANT »

I have also entered the Plus 8 in the 70’s Road Sports race.

See you all there and let’s hope for some warmer weather [-o<

Richard.
John Clarke

Post by John Clarke »

Great showing of Mogs in Historic Road Sports for Silverstone. Entries confirmed on the 38 car grid are:-

8 John Clarke Morgan +4
34 Mark Shears Morgan +4
57 Simon King Morgan +4
66 Mark Hoble Morgan +4
78 Jonathan Rushton Morgan +4........and

92 James Paterson Morgan +8

The race is on Sunday 11th May, start 16.00 hours

Also on the Saturday Mogs are appearing in the 70's Road Sports:-

3 Paul Conway Morgan +8
19 Richard Plant Morgan +8

The race starts at 14.35 hours

I should have some spare tickets, so please contact me if you want them (cover both Sat and Sun)
Mark Hoble

Post by Mark Hoble »

This is probably the largest field of Plus 4s we have ever had in Historic Roadsports and it's great to see so many cars out on track. Come on - one of us should be able to take it to the TRs !

Mark

P.S. I too will have spare tickets which I am happy to put in the post to any needy souls.
RICHARD PLANT
Morgan Class E

Post by RICHARD PLANT »

That’s a great showing of Plus 4’s let’s hope the weather will improve as nothing can be worse that last Wednesdays Silverstone Classic test and media day which was very wet,
the day attracted six Morgan’s and a few names from the past.

I will also have some spare tickets if any one requires any

Richard.
simon king

Post by simon king »

Sorry chaps - but I have had to pull out today. I'm absolutely gutted. There I was looking at the entry list, thinking fantastic, four other Plus 4s to try and get amonst (or not be left to far behind!), finally my first outing of the year and my first time on the international circuit! Happy Days! Then yesterday I get the news that FOJ is not going to be ready! :cry:

So now I'm planning/hoping that Snetterton will be first outing. Hopefully there will be a similar turnout?

I'd still like to come along to Silverstone to see you guys putting one over the TRs so if anyone still has a couple spare tickets please let me know.

Cheers,

Simon
Mark Shears

Post by Mark Shears »

I am disappointed you are not racing with us this weekend too Simon. I am planning to be there on both Saturday and Sunday, but I think I will be a bit short of tickets.

However I am sure it will not be a problem to get you in. If you ring me beforehand I will meet you at the entrance with a ticket on the day. Just let me know which day! Ipresume Sunday.

Keep in touch.

Mark
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

I shall be at Silverstone on Sunday and hope to say 'hello' to any Morganers lurking about, but beware, camera will be poised. Try andavoid any nonsense at Copse.

Looking forward to it,

Bob.
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards
Andy Green
Morgan Class B

Post by Andy Green »

I am also planning to go on Sunday,what is the timetable and who is in which race? please
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Andy,
Log on to http://www.hscc.org.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for timetable and entry lists. Click on the 'meeting' in the calendar section and you can find these items.

Hope to see you there,

Bob
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards
Chris Acklam

Post by Chris Acklam »

Looks as though it was a good day (from the results).

James winning the Historic Road Sports and Richard Plant on pole in the 70s Sports Cars. And Peter H in a great win (in a rather odd-shaped Morgan) in the Grand Touring & Sports Car Cup.

Well done Mark Hoble for leading the Plus 4s home. But what happened John - looks as though you were out of place at the end given your (rather good) best lap time?