HSCC - Brands Hatch Historic Superprix 28-29th June

For those interested in competing 4 cylinder Morgans

Moderator: John Clarke

Mark Shears

Re: HSCC - Brands Hatch Historic Superprix 28-29th June

Post by Mark Shears »

Hi John,

Might not need such long arms after all - if Mark H and Jonathon don't show! But will do.

I might be the one and only Billy No Mates on Friday night munching on a cremated sausage all by myself!

Look forward to seeing you - and Simon Saturday morning.

Cheers

Mark
John Clarke
Anti spam question: MSA

Post by John Clarke »

if Mark H and Jonathon don't show!

Mark H - what's up?
Mark Hoble

Post by Mark Hoble »

Hi All

I'm afraid that I'll be a no show tomorrow. After Snett we had some work to do to the cooling system. It's all coming together but to make it for Brands would have meant some late nights for Simon and no time for testing. I have therefore decided to get the car back together in less of a rush and aim for the Classic. I am also rather distracted by the thought of Le Mans at the moment !

Cheers

Mark
RICHARD PLANT
Morgan Class E

Post by RICHARD PLANT »

Mark,

That’s a shame but look forward seeing you at Le Mans, I will cancel the cake for this weekend!!!

Regards

Richard.
John Clarke
Anti spam question: MSA

Post by John Clarke »

Well, the huge turn out of Mogs didn't materialise....they missed a cracking circuit...its right up there with Donington as best UK circuit.

The HRS saw Bruce Stapleton take pole, with yours truely a lowly 24th and Mark S a bit further back. Thought must take a brave pill for the extremely fast corners on the GP part of the circuit!!

The race was marred by Bruce loosing his fan belt, then the overall win on the last lap as he had to slow, so came a worthy 2nd overall. I managed to have a good start for once and made up a few places by Druids....it was then a matter of driving through, what looked like a breakers yard, to finish 13th and 2nd in class. Mark made up places and both +4s improved their qualifying times by handfuls of seconds. But what a fantastic circuit.

Mark and Richard did a excellent BBQ Saturday night - much appreciated by me and Jonno.

Saturday saw another depleted Morgan field. Richard qualified an excellent 4th but then had to return home to deal with family matters. Phil McKelvey made up for his 12th place on the grid by finishing 5th. Neither were as quick as Bruce though.

Good to see Chris Acklam, Leigh Sebba and Doug Taylerson on Saturday....don't ask them about the nasty yellow banana.....it's too much.

40+ Mogs were expected on the Sunday....wondered if they held together!!!!