HSCC - Oulton Park Gold Cup 23-25th Aug

For those interested in competing 4 cylinder Morgans

Moderator: John Clarke

Mark Shears

Re: HSCC - Oulton Park Gold Cup 23-25th Aug

Post by Mark Shears »

Hi John,

Excellent report of the weekends proceedings. Succinct and descriptive - Bob Bull should be proud of you! He would have had a field day if he had been there with his camera! Morgans in pieces around the paddock and their frantic pilotes scurrying hither and thither!

But good fun and we were lucky with the weather after all.

Cheers

Mark
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Thank you Mark S. for dragging my name into John C's report from a 'Breakers Yard somewhere in Cheshire'. Having a love of some of the older Country & Western artists I recall the Patsy Kline hit 'I Fall to Pieces' from the '50's. It would seem an appropriate theme song for the Morgan brigade judging by the report.
Despite giving everyone a mention there was no reference to the immolation of sausages in the paddock! Why was this vital subject not covered in great detail?
The Honda team will be most disappointed.

British Touring Cars this weekend, no Morgans, but would anybody like a report?

Historic Footnote; Back in days of yore I used to shout abuse at Chris Lawrence and his Morgan when he beat the E-Types at Brands Hatch, my Mate Eric still reminds me about it today.

Well done John, when I hang up my microphone you may well be the man to fill my size nines at Three Counties.

Bob the Absent Reporter.
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards
Mark Shears

Post by Mark Shears »

Hi Bob,

The sausages were expertly cooked by Richard Plants two sons at our little barbeque on Sunday evening.

Seems I have been displaced by younger (and more able!) men! A sad metaphor for the life of middle aged men in this modern age obsessed with youf!

Cheers

Mark
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Mark,
I consider the actions of a certain member of this forum quite beyond the pale, your expertise at the barbecue is well know and to be usurped by a couple of growing plants, or sprigs, is disgraceful.
I for one will continue to support your efforts with large fork and fire to produce a convincing facsimile of Black Pudding at the drop of a helmet.
Did the youf manage to create a huge pall of smoke to shroud their endeavours? I doubt it, while your plume could hide a battleship or even a plus 8.
I have always maintained that there is more to the art of charring sausages than the mere taste of the finished article, so do not despair I am sure that your supremacy with charcoal and pig meat will re assert itself at the HSCC finals.

What has all this to do with four cylinder Morgans anyway?

Bob 'call me Gordon' Bull
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards
Jon Baines

Post by Jon Baines »

Hey,

Do we know if anyone will do a report for the Miscellany Magazine about the Oulton Park Gold Cup, it doesn't need to be big and I'll put my pictures into the Miscellany that me and my brother took from the Oulton Park Gold Cup.

By the way my pictures will be up on my website by Wednesday time it took ages to edit all of the 761 pictures.

Cheers
Jonathan Baines
www.pbase.com/speedmog (Pictures)
www.youtube.com/speedmog (Onboard Videos)
:OO: :OO:
Jon Baines
Marple, Cheshire
Jon Baines

Post by Jon Baines »

Chaps,

I've just uploaded pictures from the Oulton Park Gold Cup.

Visit them at http://www.pbase.com/speedmog.

Hope you like them

:OO: :OO:
Jon Baines
Marple, Cheshire
John Clarke
Anti spam question: MSA

Post by John Clarke »

Great photos - though we don't look like we're trying....all looks too serene!! We're obviously in the "zone"! 8-[
Mark Shears

Post by Mark Shears »

Hi Jon,

They really are superb photos taken at the Gold Cup Meeting at Oulton.

I know there are really rather a lot of my car but I do commend the other competitors - and spectators to view them!

It would be good if Johns literary skills describing the race could be printed in Miscellany together with some of your photos.

Cheers

Mark
Mark Hoble

Post by Mark Hoble »

The photos are superb. John is right we do all look serene - I've often thought that Morgan drivers always look that way but if you take a close look at the angles of the wheels and roll on the front of the bodies there must have been something going on !

I am feeling excited today as I have taken the decision and placed the various orders to convert my car to FIA spec complete with a hard top.

What was that bet we have about the 2009 Six Hours Jonathon ?

Regards to all,

Mark.
Jonathon Rushton

Post by Jonathon Rushton »

Listen Hoble it's that type of careless chat that will get me into trouble. Anyway, as all honest blokes are more than aware, deals brokered over too many ales are nothing but trouble...

Ps. where are you getting your hard top from?

Pps. What are you taking off your +4 in order for it to get its papers! [-X
RICHARD PLANT
Morgan Class E

Post by RICHARD PLANT »

Hi Jon,

Some really great photos and thanks for coming along it was good to see the Baines team in full, there is always tea and cake awaiting. =D>
It was a great weekend had by all, it didn’t rain and Mark didn’t burn the sausages :lol: so things are looking up . Sorry that I am unable to make the club sprint this weekend and I hope all goes well I will definitely try to make it next year.

Richard.
John Clarke

Post by John Clarke »

Hi Mark

If you need any guidance on FIA 'HTP' papers or want a copy of mine, please ask

Hard tops are made to order from Vic Champness at Black Phey. See Micellany for contact info.

regards

john
John Clarke

Post by John Clarke »

Buckling under pressure, I have sent a short article to Charles at Miscellany based on the pithy report in this string.

I will leave it to Charles and Jon to co-ordinate the photos.