Wanted +4 or +8

Private cars or parts for sale or wanted

Moderator: Andy Downes

Forum rules
If your item sells or is withdrawn, please post a message to that effect.
GeorgeMartin

Wanted +4 or +8

Post by GeorgeMartin »

With the end of the season looming, and those of you thinking its time to hang up your helmets, please give me a thought if you’re thinking of selling your car. I’m looking for a Morgan +4 2 seater late 1960-pre’66 or a +8 (earlier car preferable) the car needs to be suitable for road blasts and playing at the back of the racing field, i.e. I would like to be able to drive to some of the races (like my father used too). Or, if anyone knows of a suitable car that can be made race ready please give me a shout.

For those of you who were racing at Combe at the weekend thanks for the enjoyable display of racing.

George Martin

george@baristas.co.uk
You can live in your car, but you can't race your house!
Andrew Faulds

Re: Wanted +4 or +8

Post by Andrew Faulds »

Hi George, I wish you all the best in your search! It took me a long time to find my Plus 8 which I have prepared for Class D in the Morgan Challenge. It is a 1983 car ie. pre injection but post Moss Box. You may have seen me at the back of the grid, so it would be nice to see more in Class D next season.
Most of the Plus 8's that came on the market when I was looking earlier this year were rather outside my price range - I gave myself a budget of £25,000 to find and prepare a car (and myself!), which I eventually did. The 4/4 or Plus 4 route may be a cheaper option, but "cheap" can still be expensive! If you want any advise or encouragement, do not hesitate to ask! Good Luck, Andy
GeorgeMartin

Post by GeorgeMartin »

Many thanks for your emails; I’ve just managed to buy an eligible +8 for the Morgan Challenge 2009 so I hope to see many of you on the grid, hopefully from not too far behind!

If I make it to the Birkitt 6 Hour tomorrow I will try and pop by to say hello.

George
You can live in your car, but you can't race your house!
Chris Acklam
Anti spam question: MSA

Post by Chris Acklam »

Excellent. Congratulations. Look forward to seeing you on the grid next year. Did you buy a car that we know?

Chris
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Post by Mary Lindsay »

It was great to see you at the Birkett on Saturday George.
We look forward to seeing you out next year in your very recently acquired Plus 8, keeping up the Martin family tradition.