Holly Birkett Relay Race.

Races, track days, testing ...
Bob Bull

Re: Holly Birkett Relay Race.

Post by Bob Bull »

Jerry,
I did consider including you in the survey, but as the bulk of your '20' were by other, less talented snappers, I decided that I should stick to Morgans and hide my shame.I must be honest and admit that I did not realise you were the driver of the Jaguar, put it down to the distractions of management!!

Chris,
Based on your research at Rochester University, how DO you explain the fact that Andy Green attracted 15 len's and Phillip Goddard only 5? Both were driving red cars, which are known to stir primeval urges in the male photographer, alledgedly!

Mary,
My tennis racket is painted black. Will that affect your interest in it's purchase?

Tony,
I missed you.

Jack,
I have been married for 47 years and still don't understand the wife, so what chance with Aunt Lindy?
Answers on the back of a postage stamp.

Bob of 3C.
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards
philip goddard
Morgan Class C

Post by philip goddard »

Dear Bob,
great to see you again at Silverstone though I'm sorry you had to put up with me as Sharlie was absent.

So, great interview, all gone!

Now I hear I've been thrashed 15-5 by Andy. It is obviously that the reason was that he went out earlier than me so when I went out, the photographers all by now had tennis elbow.
Kind Regards
Philip G
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Post by Mary Lindsay »

My tennis racket is painted black. Will that affect your interest in it's purchase
Does it have MSA approved strings and a Nomex handgrip?
I have been married for 47 years and still don't understand the wife, so what chance with Aunt Lindy?
The wife, is that a generic term or do you mean my wife?
Anyway, why ask Jack ?
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Hi! Phillip,
Yes! I am afraid that BBC issue, recording equipment let me down, but I am glad to say my own faithful Sony is back in action, so should you be at the Hayes this weekend we could try again. Failing the personal touch, we could record something via a phone line as I do need items of interest to Three Counties listeners each week.

Perhaps if you were to let me have a phone number by private message we could arrange something soon.

I hope you managed to find the pictures on my web site, quite a few of you and Sharlie from previous years.

With regard to your lowly score it was not 'tennis elbow' but lack of sunlight in the darkening, afternoon session, and my lack of a decent flash unit, that meant a number, probably at least 30, of my photos of you failed to reach an acceptable standard. That plus your tremendous speed compared with some other competitors is the only reason you did not score higher. Never mind I am sure that you will be a sure fire winner of the 'Nicest Smile Award' to be announced soon. Just take a look at the competition on the site, and see for yourself, what chance a certain lady from Essex?

Cheers!

Bob

PS; Regards to 'the wife'.
Regards
tim falce

Post by tim falce »

JERRY KNIGHT wrote:
Mary Lindsay wrote:But who is Eric?
This one is really quite complicated Eric is really Tim. Eric is Tims uncle and Eric was credited with photos taken by Tim by Chris but Chris edited out Erics name before anybody other than Bob saw it.
Marvelous
I saw it, that's why I complained.
[-X Jerry, as Eric is my uncle, when you write "Tims uncle", Tim is the possessor of Eric and therefore Tims requires an apostrophe as in "Eric is Tim's uncle"

How's that Bob? :lol:
TonyLees
Morgan Class B

Post by TonyLees »

I thought Bob's your uncle?
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Tim,
A fine exposition on the placing of apostrophes (plural) and one I trust all posters (plural) will read, learn and inwardly digest, it's (it is) apparent that we must all pay particular attention to our grammar so as to avoid glaring errors (plural) likely to give offence to pedants (plural).

I now regret my slight on your photographic ability in an earlier item, and must congratulate you on some very fine shots (p), whether taken by yourself or Uncle Eric.

Regards,

Bob.

Mary,
There is; the house, the car, the dog and the wife. All any man needs.

Oh! Dear, you are a box of matches; my racket is 1956 vintage, at that time MSA would have been a communicable disease. The string is part of an old vest and I can assure you that No Mex has ever handled my racket.

I fear that I continue to court disaster by making a racket, with the net result that I am bound to be seeking some new balls before the game is up and I become set in my ways, however, before hand I will serve-up this final word; "You must be joking" .

Get it?

Felicitations from your faithful admirer,

Bob.

Why Jack ?. He has offered advice in the past that has provided a quantum of solace in times of stress, and I like his sense of humour.

Tony,
In my capacity as a Mortgage Broker I have assisted many young ladies with their first house purchase, often viewing the property with them and negotiating with the vendor. Arriving at one such viewing the would be purchaser introduced me as 'My Uncle Bob', and Uncle Bob I have been ever since.

Bob apostrophe s yer Uncle.
Regards
Philip Tisdall

Post by Philip Tisdall »

My goodness, this is all getting much too much for me, simpleton that I am, but watching and reading,or trying too all these posts heavens. Bob’s or is it Bobs’ sorry I am dyslexic, last post or part of it needs clarifying I think.
“ There is the house, definitely, The car, absolutely, The Dog, no man should not be without one, ( remind me to post the article from “The Field” on why dogs are better than women , (not my comment the Fields) The wife…........... :)

Tony, with your last comment, have you been that caravan a bit too long?
Philip
tim falce

Post by tim falce »

TonyLees wrote:I thought Bob's your uncle?
No, that's Rob and he is my brother.
Last edited by tim falce on Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TonyLees
Morgan Class B

Post by TonyLees »

Philip; I can call you a taxi if you like?
Philip Tisdall

Post by Philip Tisdall »

Tony

was that aimed at Philip G or PhilipT??
if PT then Ok Ok I have been called worse so that will be fine. or did you mean, call (as in summon, telephone)
grammatical correctness is so important with B.B looking on
Philip
TonyLees
Morgan Class B

Post by TonyLees »

PT: you called me a caravan so I felt justified (unlike this text).
Philip Tisdall

Post by Philip Tisdall »

Tony,
Very well spotted Deliberate grammatical error by a dyslexic, I notice that I failed to insert the word “in” [-X
Philip
TonyLees
Morgan Class B

Post by TonyLees »

Dyslexia rules, KO? 8-[
I reckon I have "challenges" as well but this is a public forum :shock:
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Noty Eels,

Lydia sex Lures KO,