Tennis Racket for Sale

Private cars or parts for sale or wanted

Moderator: Andy Downes

Forum rules
If your item sells or is withdrawn, please post a message to that effect.
Bob Bull

Tennis Racket for Sale

Post by Bob Bull »

I have decided, in the face of much ridicule, to dispose of my 1956 vintage, tennis racket.
It features a long handle with a wide bit at the top and lengths of string in the form of a net across the wide bit (imagine a frying pan that has rusted badly).
Because I never had the balls to use it, it is still in original condition apart from teeth marks. It is an ex-Tom Henchap racket and will continue to increase in value from it's original purchase price of 10/6d from Woolworths in Barnet High Street, due to having a long and illustrious history at various Holland Birkett Endurance events.

Only serious offers please and NO TIME WASTERS or dealers.

Love All,

Bob
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards
Robin Singleton

Re: Tennis Racket for Sale

Post by Robin Singleton »

Can you throw in a few dashboard switches and I might make an offer, in old money of course.

Robin Singleton
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Robin,
Dashed if I know what you are on about.

Bob
Regards
Robin Singleton

Old Money ... £sp ... when Britain was Great and all that! Dont you remember!

Robin
JERRY KNIGHT

Post by JERRY KNIGHT »

do you mean Groats ?
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Hi! Robin (and Jerry),
You may have noticed that I have been rather pre-occupied with other matters lately, mainly trying to drum up some enthusiasm for Chris A's latest idea, and it is with regret that I failed to note your interest in my tennis racket.
You are right Robin - good old fashioned pounds sterling, when were men and raced in green, and only the rich folk could afford guineas ie 21/-.

Jerry, I have noted your suggestion regarding the coinage that could have been used when I first bought the racket. I suppose having insulted so many people on this forum I should not take umbrage when some blighter takes a pop at me - BUT I DO!!
In order to bring this whole sorry saga to an end I must own up and confess that I have NEVER owned a tennis racket, cricket bat, golf club, polo stick, football or hockey club, although I used to have a set of darts! I was always regarded as pretty much an Ace on double fifteen.

Please note that this non-existent item has now been withdrawn from this site, and may I thank all those who took an interest in the item in question.

Frustrated of Wimbeldon.
Regards
peter rafter

Post by peter rafter »

Ed.(sic) is- Frustrated of Wimbeldon.

who is
disgusted,
The Rectory,
Tunbridge Wells
peter
Robin Singleton

Dear Bob
Swipe me. Tennis racket for sale and now we are told never has been for sale.
Some sort of racket if you ask me!

Thought I might have to call in the Moderator on this one, but decided that as the sun was well over the yardarm I should have a large gin and tonic insted.

Dear Me!!

Robin Singleton
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Post by Mary Lindsay »

Bob, are you planning to sell your rather fetching deerstalker hat, as modelled at the 6 hour?

I still need a tennis racket too....................
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

What can I say ? I've been rumbled. It was all just a desperate cry for help, a pathetic way of seeking attention. Underneath all the bluster their is a sad and lonely man who feels so inferior because he can't afford a Morgan. Blubber, blubber [-o< .

Anyway that was not a deerstalker. John Bolster wore a deerstalker, mine is a 'Foggy' Dewhurst cap, bought from a rather expensive stall at an early season VSCC meeting some years ago. That was when I had to accept that I was losing more hair than I could afford.

I should not bother the Moderator with the squalid details of my deception, he knows what a scoundrel I am already.
I will sort through my collection of memoribilia and see if I can offer something for sale on the site and try and restore some credibility.

Watch this space.
Regards
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Post by Mary Lindsay »

Watch this space.
I'm watching the space but nothing has appeared yet.....................
Robin Singleton

Mary

Does he deerstalker actually exist?

Robin Singleton
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Robin,
Are you bat's man? It's NOT a deerstalker, it's a gentleman's cap with ear flaps, which button under the chin to keep it in place in high winds or when driving an open top sports car.

I make the distinction because I do not wish to be saddled with a reputation as a stalker, the scuffers do not take kindly to such ne' er do wells. Deer don't like it either.

NO Mary it is not being offered for sale on this site, or any other, although you would look very fetching driving your Bulldog with such a cap worn backward a'la
Phillipe Entancelin.

Now, look fellows I really think we should cease discussing my sporting equipment and personal headgear in this particular section, which is dedicated to the more sober aspects of owning a Morgan such as the purchase and disposal of second hand items relating to assorted models of the marque.

Might I suggest we move any further mutterings to Loose Torque, which will please Chris Acklam no end. Euro for Euro it's a better deal.

Who dares wins.

Bob.
Regards
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Post by Mary Lindsay »

Now, look fellows I really think we should cease discussing my sporting equipment and personal headgear in this particular section, which is dedicated to the more sober aspects of owning a Morgan such as the purchase and disposal of second hand items relating to assorted models of the marque.
As I'm not a fellow I think I will carry on rambling on about your deerstalker here (or is it a gentleman's cap with ear flaps?).
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Good Manners forbids a reply.

Gentleman Bob Bull.
Regards